Why Wont the NBA fix its conference setup?! Grizzlies, Pelicans should be in East!

Archangel

Banned
Daps
I wish they'd fix this. I'm tired of the East being so far behind the West. If they moved Memphis, New Orleans to the East where they're supposed to be, it would really liven the conference up and be better for the league.

I know they wanna keep it 15 teams per conference but it aint working.

I like the idea of the best 16 teams in a playoffs. The NBA could really do this is they divided the league up into 3 conferences. Check out this idea from Bob Fitzgerald, a writer for the Warriors:

NBARealignmentProposal_2_900.jpg

I would swap Phoenix and Portland though. Playoff seeding could look like this: Records reflect the 2014-2015 season:
NBARealignmentBracket_EndSeason.jpg

Here's the full article. Its a great read:

Another proposed idea would be to swap Memphis for Milwaukee since the Bucks are the western most team of the East. A Bucks/Wolves rivalry would be great. However, this still leaves New Orleans out West.

I feel terrible for Memphis and NO because they have to travel so much being in the West Conference when they really should be in the East. Imagine these guys man having a 5 game road trip with 2 games back home. LA, back home, Dubs, back home, then back to Phoenix. That is crazy.

NBA has a major conference alignment issue and it equals scheduling and travel issues as well.

The Fire

way more chemical than political
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn
this is how it should be...i don't care about flights... nikkas not riding coach.... get your team private jets and fly... teams already now here in the first round having 3 days off till the next game..
if the cavs have to fly to dallas in the first round lebron's gonna play like 50 games in the regular season lmao

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
hhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng

that looks yummmmmmmy breh

bran will never sniff another finals

:picard:

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
Look again, the Cavs would have made it to the finals that year, no injury to Love in the first round against Boston while OKC and SA cannibalize each other.

both spurs and okc in 6 against cavs

:blessed:

FS4LFE

Veteran
Daps
Never see so many people act like they care about how many good teams there are.