Why Your Brain Kept Tellling You to Blow into NES Catridges

Deadpool1986

Cook with a Mouth
Daps
Reppin
#midnightboyz/ #Neggas-Black & White/ #TNT
aada5ocqzsdhpfqzwgng.gif

We all know that blowing into an NES cartridge is a useless and potentially harmful activity. But why did we still do it, even though it never actually worked? Science has the answer.
The folks at It's Okay To Be Smart have a pretty comprehensive breakdown about the psychology behind everyone's favorite NES habit. One tiny fact they missed though: blowing into your NES cartridge is actually a badass magic spell that imbues your game with magic powers. A wizard told me, trust me.

http://kotaku.com/why-your-brain-kept-tellling-you-to-blow-into-nes-catri-1599333217

chemicalsword

winter is coming
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Starkset...
I used to put the games in the freezer and they worked after a little while. :skip: Nintendo games mad sturdy. I found one game laying under my bed for like 7 years and it worked right away.

lol. yep. did this also....

dropped legend of zelda gold cart in the woods for a few days. got rained on and yoshida da gawd knows what else, but it eventually worked again after drying out in the sun....

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
And hitting the older consoles seemed to work too :dead: I remember cousin punching his SNES when it acted up and I knew other folks who would do it to their N64s too.

Wouldn't dare do that with the new systems though.
You do that with an Xbox. :upsetfavre:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I had a 3 step process for SNES games. I'd do soft blows, then put my mouth over it and go across lightly puffing hot air inside(pause@all this btw), then I'd blow one more time and smack the cartridge over my leg a few times. shyt worked every time. :ehh:

Saliva is actually a natural cleaning agent, so who's to say blowing in the cartridge didn't work? :yeshrug:

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
classic example of word-of-mouth

i never did that because it didn't work. what worked was putting the cartridge in right to the edge then rubbing your finger on it. holla if you hear me

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
Blowing hot, moist air might have cleaned out some Cheetos dust, but it's definitely not a good look for the actual contacts inside the cartridges

Last edited: