Why Your Brain Kept Tellling You to Blow into NES Catridges

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps
My dad told me off grip it was bad to blow in the cartridge, so we used the q-tip plus rubbing alcohol method every time.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
aada5ocqzsdhpfqzwgng.gif

We all know that blowing into an NES cartridge is a useless and potentially harmful activity. But why did we still do it, even though it never actually worked? Science has the answer.
The folks at It's Okay To Be Smart have a pretty comprehensive breakdown about the psychology behind everyone's favorite NES habit. One tiny fact they missed though: blowing into your NES cartridge is actually a badass magic spell that imbues your game with magic powers. A wizard told me, trust me.

http://kotaku.com/why-your-brain-kept-tellling-you-to-blow-into-nes-catri-1599333217

:usure:
I remember many times it worked

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
The problem was the way cartridges went in, there was always a certain click it made when it was right and I think dust created bad friction or something.

What ever the case was, moisture helped imo

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Who used to wiggle the cartridge left to right while it was in the system

Did this and also, would put the game about 95% into the system, but still slightly sticking out just a lil bit and would do this mash down technique that would make the cartridge slightly bang on the end of the cartridge slot before it goes all the way into the system. It worked like a charm about 75% of the time. If it didn't, do it a few more times and it usually would work.

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did this and also, would put the game about 95% into the system, but still slightly sticking out just a lil bit and would do this mash down technique that would make the cartridge slightly bang on the end of the cartridge slot before it goes all the way into the system. It worked like a charm about 75% of the time. If it didn't, do it a few more times and it usually would work.
Holy shyt, that's the exact same technique I used. The slightly out jam down bang insert shyt worked nearly everytime.

If the game was dusty I also used to wipe the chip with my shirt