Why'd NY never put Tha Connection on like that?

Daps
Basically every album these dudes dropped was some crack... nice rhymes, clever bars.. gritty and raw samples, soul with some dope subject matter, shyt to smoke to, whatever.

this is my favorite track from them just cus of that genesis sample, that flute is so killer...

man i love bumping these cats, so smooth..
they really had an ear for that jazzy production.

Tha Connection's debut, and relatively unknown release, is titled [url=http://www.last.fm/music/Tha+Connection/Connect]Connect[/url], and was released in 2007. Tha Connection made their debut in the Rawkus Records Digital 50 with their appearance on 12Bit's release Stranded on Planet Rock. Since then, they have gone on to release and appear on the "Cosmic Bounce" EP by SmooVth and Drums, Hus The KingPin appearance on "Love Song" from Fella Vaughn's "Do My Thing" single (Melting Pot Music) and a few promotional EP's to introduce themselves to the myspace world that have gone on to gain tons of positive feedback and many new fans in the hip hop world.

Their hard work and consistency is now starting to show, recently they signed with Goontrax in Japan for their first retail release titled Moon Water, which was released in 2008. Also in 2008, they went to Domination Recordings and started to work on Universal Dominance. It was a free release, a collection of remixes and sort of a “best of” that entails their brief but promising recording careers. On a non-stop grind, it didn't take long for them to finish their second release on Domination Recordings, Trapeze, was released later that same year. Loyal to their real underground hip-hop style, Trapeze is full of dope beats and rhymes - not exactly as jazzy but a bit more boom bap than Moon Water.

In early 2009 Tha Connection released Take It Higher, followed by the release of their third album titled Love Royale, via Feelin’Music in Switzerland. In 2010 Tha Connection released Connect 101, and a remixed version, titled Connect 102: Fresh Sly Remixes. Most recently, in 2012, Tha Connection released Strive EP, as a lead up to their most recent album titled Strive LP.

Last edited: