Will Revival be Eminems first flopped album? His gimmicks are failing. Terrible rollout.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Numbers
Impact
Hits
The music itself
Etc....

First single may have charted but it flopped overall
You couldn't do a ban bet with @SunZoo over impact or the music itself since that's subjective. :pdahellclean:
The concept of "flopping" generally deals with numbers. Thus why people incorrectly assert that Ilmatic was a "flop".
So pick a line in the sand for first week "sales". He's not gonna do one million. His last album did 792,000 in the first week. That was late 2013 and maybe before they started doing "equivalent" units. I'm not sure.

So what does he need to equivalently sell first week to not be a flop?:Pgroot:

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
You couldn't do a ban bet with @SunZoo over impact or the music itself since that's subjective. :pdahellclean:
The concept of "flopping" generally deals with numbers. Thus why people incorrectly assert that Ilmatic was a "flop".
So pick a line in the sand for first week "sales". He's not gonna do one million. His last album did 792,000 in the first week. That was late 2013 and maybe before they started doing "equivalent" units. I'm not sure.

So what does he need to equivalently sell first week to not be a flop?:Pgroot:
honestly don't know because I have not paid attention to Eminem since Encore

Daps
Reppin
NULL
That shyt is gonna stream like crazy when it first drops! No way is he gonna flop by any measure. I never judge Eminem albums by his first singles either so Walk On Water is what it is. I just hope the album is dope.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
:umad: your cac savior has been dropping trash.

Yall stans need to be objective.
Coming from u and the records he will sell u wouldn’t say he fell off, Ive seen u go by record sells to determine if the album is good... em will sell a lot of records, millions.

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
Coming from u and the records he will sell u wouldn’t say he fell off, Ive seen u go by record sells to determine if the album is good... em will sell a lot of records, millions.
You never ever saw me go by record sales to know if an album was good or not.

Show proof right now.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Numbers
Impact
Hits
The music itself
Etc....

First single may have charted but it flopped overall

Eminem can't even grow a beard without without people losing their shyt, even if you could quantify 'impact' it's hard to envision him going unnoticed doing anything.
One/some of these songs will 'hit' for sure, as far as numbers go.
He's been getting polarizing reviews damn near from jump, he's been 'flopping' since Encore apparently.

I understand why some are surprised that a song about insecurity with no drums 'flopped' seeing who's on it, I'm not though. I wouldn't expect the overall numbers to be reflective of how many times people decided to run that back.

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
Eminem can't even grow a beard without without people losing their shyt, even if you could quantify 'impact' it's hard to envision him going unnoticed doing anything.
One/some of these songs will 'hit' for sure, as far as numbers go.
He's been getting polarizing reviews damn near from jump, he's been 'flopping' since Encore apparently.

I understand why some are surprised that a song about insecurity with no drums 'flopped' seeing who's on it, I'm not though. I wouldn't expect the overall numbers to be reflective of how many times people decided to run that back.
I can honestly tell you I don't know how much albums Em sold on hid past 3 albums.

I did like space bound and no love though.

My brother put me on stay wide awake which i liked...demonic shyt

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I can honestly tell you I don't know how much albums Em sold on hid past 3 albums.

I did like space bound and no love though.

My brother put me on stay wide awake which i liked...demonic shyt

I don't keep up with the numbers like that but when Relapse ONLY did 2 mill they scrapped the 2nd disc, so the bar is different for him.

I wouldn't even mind this album flopping honestly. It would keep Interscope from being rewarded for stupid shyt like dropping the album intro as a first single all outta context. It's like when a shytty movie still does numbers...Transformers 5 coming right up.

But yea, whether the album is going to be good is one thing but I seriously doubt it 'flops' in the sense of numbers. Critically there's going to be very little middle ground as with most Eminem projects.

Last edited: