Will Smith: It's Our Responsibility to Clean Up the Mess in the Black Community

Is Will Smith Right About Racism?

• Yes, the black community bears responsibility and must clean up the mess

• No, his opinion is short-sighted and doesn't adequately acknowledge the impact of systematic racism

Results are only viewable after voting.

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
I agree with the way he framed it.

I'm usually against this type of rhetoric, but he made the clear distinction between fault and responsibility. And didn't try to excuse or diminish the systemic issues that created the environment. He simple said we can and should fight to change the conditions.
Agreed.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
First fukk esquire. 2nd why do they continue to talk about black issues. This magazine is a Lilly white mag and yet they continue to talk about black issues.

I will never forget the racist article that they published by John Ridley c00n ass saying the difference between blacks and N-words. So shame on all these black entertainers who even do interviews with this racist magazine.

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
Bill Cosby tried to place the fault on the poor black community, and tried to claim our unfair treatment is a result of our behavior. Same thing for K.Dot and Barkley.

Big difference from what will is saying here.

I'd argue that Bill Cosby never said that blacks are at fault but argued that blacks are not being responsible as a collective, i.e., when it comes to parenting our youth.

Last edited: