Wladimir Klitshcko retires from Boxing

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
very few fighters could come back from those early KO losses like he did to carve out a career like his..a dominant and long reign...picked off every champion during it and took their belts (with the exception of stiverne/wilder with the wbc belt)..:salute: wlad.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Good for Wlad, no point in fighting Joshua for a 2nd time, unless Cheerleader is ploughing thru his money like Imelda Marcos, then again probably applies more to :deadmanny:. He just cannot let his hands go any more, the Fury fight, you could put it down to Fury's size and awkwardness, but with that 6th round vs AJ when he had him, but he couldnt finish it, Wlad's probably look back at that round and the following 2 rounds after that and realized he just doesnt have it any more.

While the Heavyweight div lacked the elite level quality of fighters in Wlad's reign on top, he still made the Division and gave it prestige by being dominant and in doing so, kept the belts from being passed on like a slut in a gangbang.

Last edited:

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Wladimir Klitschko Retires! - Boxing News

Wladimir Klitschko has retired from boxing after an incredible 27-year career as a fighter.

Wladimir Klitschko: : “I deliberately took a few weeks to make my decision, to make sure I had enough distance from the fight at Wembley Stadium. As an amateur and a professional boxer, I have achieved everything I dreamed of, and now I want to start my second career after sports.I would have never imagined that I would have such a long and incredibly successful boxing career. I´m very thankful for this. Thanks to everyone who has always supported me. Especially my family, my team and my many fans.”

Bernd Bönte, Managing Director of Klitschko Management Group: “Especially after this terrific fight at Wembley Stadium it was a very tough decision for Wladimir to make. But he has always emphasized that he wanted to retire if he didn’t have enough motivation anymore. Therefore this is definitively the right decision. Wladimir accomplished everything in his unique boxing career. He dominated the Heavyweight division for over a decade. He fought in sold-out arenas and stadiums worldwide and millions of fans around the world watched his fights on TV. It has been a privilege for me to accompany Wladimir on this unique journey. ”

The 41-year-old Klitschko is one of the most successful professional boxers of all time.

The highlight of his great amateur career was his Gold Medal at the Atlanta Olympic Games in 1996. Afterwards Wladimir Klitschko started his impressive professional career. From 2000-2003 and from 2006-2015 he was the reigning World Heavyweight Champion. Behind the legendary Joe Louis, he is the second-longest reigning Heavyweight World Champion in boxing history.

He unified the Heavyweight titles of WBA, WBO, IBF and IBO. From 2008 to 2012 the Klitschko brothers (Vitali as WBC Champion) were World Champions at the same time and held all the important heavyweight world titles.

Wladimir Klitschko’s professional career stands at 64 wins in 69 bouts, 54 by KO. He competed in 29 world title fights, which is a unique record in heavyweight boxing.

For his outstanding performances and career achievements Wladimir Klitschko received several awards such as the Golden Camera, the Bambi Award (twice), the Sport-Bild Award, the German Television Prize and the GQ-Award

End of an era.

Wladimir could be boring at times and some of his white fanbase has been fukking intolerable for like 2 decades....but I've never had anything against the guy personally, quite the opposite really. I've always respected his willingness to fight pretty much every real challenger and "name" that came his way.

I'm having a tough time trying to rank him as a heavy. The consensus is that his era was weak. But he reigned so he did what he had to do. Looking at career + eyetest he's probably top 10-15....:manny: I'd like to hear y'alls arguments on him.
Having said all that....:lolbron:

I'll never forget this fukking night :

The fukkery on boxing forums and websites....:mjlol:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
top 10 heavyweights..what kills him in those rankings unfortunately (him and his brother) is the lack of wins over fellow HOF caliber fighters..so i can see where someone might not want to put him at top 10..the conundrum is he was more dominant than most ATG heavies that are considered top 10 and has the defenses to back it up

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
very few fighters could come back from those early KO losses like he did to carve out a career like his..a dominant and long reign...picked off every champion during it and took their belts (with the exception of stiverne/wilder with the wbc belt)..:salute: wlad.
Can't give him props for the comebacks though, fight Lamont with one eye after he is washed.
Send his brother after Corey Sanders instead of rematching him.

But aside from him and his brother tag teaming the divsion, he had a okay run, hard for me to call him a ATG or place him with greats due to his awful opposition though

That said like a bytch he fukked up a Wilder Joshua unification by initialy saying he would continue, so, whatever.
Nice seeing you Wlad, won't miss you.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Can't give him props for the comebacks though, fight Lamont with one eye after he is washed.

But aside from him and his brother tag teaming the divsion, he had a okay run, hard for me to call him a ATG or place him with greats due to his awful opposition though

That said like a bytch he fukked up a Wilder Joshua unification by initialy saying he would continue, so, whatever.
Nice seeing you Wlad, won't miss you.
Breh don't tell me your one of those wlad haters :snoop:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
yeah that lamon rematch never sat well with me because basically lamon said he only took because they offered him more money than he ever made even though he was finished

but also the same thing with wlad beating down chris byrd the first time after byrd stopped vitali (:huhldup: the absolute fukkery in me saying that)..how come vitali never ran that back with byrd anyways?:patrice:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
yeah that lamon rematch never sat well with me because basically lamon said he only took because they offered him more money than he ever made even though he was finished

but also the same thing with wlad beating down chris byrd the first time after byrd stopped vitali (:huhldup: the absolute fukkery in me saying that)..how come vitali never ran that back with byrd anyways?:patrice:
That shyt is why I never respected him of Vitali, they literally would fight the guy who beat their brother or who was a stylistic fit for the other brother.
Double teaming the division.