Wladimir Klitshcko retires from Boxing

H.I.M.

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
top 10 heavyweights..what kills him in those rankings unfortunately (him and his brother) is the lack of wins over fellow HOF caliber fighters..so i can see where someone might not want to put him at top 10..the conundrum is he was more dominant than most ATG heavies that are considered top 10 and has the defenses to back it up

Virgil Hill & Dariusz M have more title defenses and wins in "championship fights" than anybody in Light Heavyweight history...shyt, Zsolt Erdei is up there too :mjlol:

Ditto for Chris John at Featherweight, Johnny Nelson at Cruiserweight, Gianfranco Rosi at Junior Middleweight, Artur Gregorian at Lightweight

and none of the above are anywhere near anybody's all-time great list in those divisions.

Quality of opposition is everything in boxing.

Having said that...Wlad is top 15 all-time at Heavy...no lower than top 20 at minimum.

yeah that lamon rematch never sat well with me because basically lamon said he only took because they offered him more money than he ever made even though he was finished

but also the same thing with wlad beating down chris byrd the first time after byrd stopped vitali (:huhldup:

#FACTS

how come vitali never ran that back with byrd anyways?:patrice:

Because he was all wrong for Vitali...but tailor made for Wlad and they understood this.

People want to pretend that it isn't the case...but Byrd was giving Vitali that work and making him look foolish out there...even before his (alleged) injury midway thru the fight.

vQqXsgk.gif

Had Byrd down by one round at the time of the STOPPAGE...but they were gonna rob him out there in Germany regardless...

Byrd/Don King persued the rematch all throughout 04-05 back when Byrd held the IBF and Vitali had the WBC...Vitali wanted no smoke.

I guess he felt Corrie Sanders, Danny Williams & Rahman were more important fights than a unification with the man who took his took his 0, temporarily destroyed his reputation and made him quit on his stool:manny:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
@High Information Militant I wanna rep you for that last post but i got told to slow on the reps :huhldup:

Wlad retiring is a big change in the division as he is the last significant heavy of his HW era...now the only thing I fear, since the titles got splintered, are the eyesore champs..the charles martin types winning the belts..unless some quick unification takes place...can you imagine if Hughie Fury becomes HW champion next month? :huhldup:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
@High Information Militant I wanna rep you for that last post but i got told to slow on the reps :huhldup:

Wlad retiring is a big change in the division as he is the last significant heavy of his HW era...now the only thing I fear, since the titles got splintered, are the eyesore champs..the charles martin types winning the belts..unless some quick unification takes place...can you imagine if Hughie Fury becomes HW champion next month? :huhldup:
It may be easier to unify the kamidogu from the 6 realms in mortal kombat than it is to unify a division
full

H.I.M.

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Valuev was a "champ" during the Klitschko era :yeshrug:

And neither of them didn't really wanna fight ol' boy either...maybe the Fury fight gave us a glimpse as to why
oVx1nw0.png

I suspect Joshua would immediately take the title off of him after the Pulev mandatory if that happens though...one and done.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Virgil Hill & Dariusz M have more title defenses and wins in "championship fights" than anybody in Light Heavyweight history...shyt, Zsolt Erdei is up there too :mjlol:

:birdman:

You're right... :manny::russ:

to be fair though he was a talented fighter with a horrible German promoter called Universum which luckily does not exist anymore so he wasted his championhip years beating subpar opponents... :francis:

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Wladimir Klitschko Retires! - Boxing News

End of an era.

Wladimir could be boring at times and some of his white fanbase has been fukking intolerable for like 2 decades....but I've never had anything against the guy personally, quite the opposite really. I've always respected his willingness to fight pretty much every real challenger and "name" that came his way.

I'm having a tough time trying to rank him as a heavy. The consensus is that his era was weak. But he reigned so he did what he had to do. Looking at career + eyetest he's probably top 10-15....:manny: I'd like to hear y'alls arguments on him.
Having said all that....:lolbron:

I'll never forget this fukking night :

The fukkery on boxing forums and websites....:mjlol:

TOp 10 of all time at his peak. All them lil ass heavies from back on the day would get knocked out by him. The only heavies that beat wlad are the goats like ali, louis, Holmes ect.)

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
Good move, go home and be a family man, no need to risk your health/life just for one more big payday

Now we need that Joshu vs Wilder fight, and that shyt needs to be at a football stadium in Britain, if it's too cold for Wembley than have it at Millenium Stadium in Cardiff; I don't want the fight ruined by a dead crowd and :flabbynsick: undercard