WNBA All-Star game begins with teams unsure of which way to go

LastManStanding

Veteran
Daps
How is buying basketball tickets a tax write-off?

not all cases, but in many (particularly small and struggling leagues like the WNBA), cities will often times give a business a small tax break if they support the local team to help keep that team from moving.

the city knows that WNBA teams typically lose money, but they also know that the more "attractions" offered in their city is a good look. so if businesses will help foot the bill, they'll cut em a tax break.

YaThreadTrashB!

Superstar
Daps
the Dallas Wings play in the 4th largest metropolitan market in the country (over 7 million people in Dallas/Fort Worth area) and have a playoff contending team, yet their attendance looks like this on a regular basis

28WNBA-superJumbo.jpg

that arena they play in only holds 7,000 people and they still have to tarp off the upper level. this is typical of all WNBA teams, but not succeeding in a huge market like Dallas is a great example of the lack of demand for the league as a whole.

the WNBA always exaggerates their attendance numbers. they'll claim the average attendance is some ridiculous number like 6,000-8,000 people, when in reality it's more like 500-1,000 at best (and even as low as only a couple hundred for many teams). all of those other "tickets sold" are bought out by big corporations in the city of where the team plays in order to have tax write offs.
:wow:

Actually a lot more than I thought there would be

:wow:

Calmye

Cali born Cali bred
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
not all cases, but in many (particularly small and struggling leagues like the WNBA), cities will often times give a business a small tax break if they support the local team to help keep that team from moving.

the city knows that WNBA teams typically lose money, but they also know that the more "attractions" offered in their city is a good look. so if businesses will help foot the bill, they'll cut em a tax break.
:patrice: IDK Breh... Doesn't seem like the government to give a tax break so a money pit could stay in the city... :snoop: what I'm I talking about? That sounds exactly like something the government would do.

LastManStanding

Veteran
Daps
:patrice: IDK Breh... Doesn't seem like the government to give a tax break so a money pit could stay in the city... :snoop: what I'm I talking about? That sounds exactly like something the government would do.

:russ:

yea it's not like they're gonna do that for the bigger leagues obviously, but there are cases where it happens with WNBA teams.

Troublesome

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the Dallas Wings play in the 4th largest metropolitan market in the country (over 7 million people in Dallas/Fort Worth area) and have a playoff contending team, yet their attendance looks like this on a regular basis

28WNBA-superJumbo.jpg

that arena they play in only holds 7,000 people and they still have to tarp off the upper level. this is typical of all WNBA teams, but not succeeding in a huge market like Dallas is a great example of the lack of demand for the league as a whole.

the WNBA always exaggerates their attendance numbers. they'll claim the average attendance is some ridiculous number like 6,000-8,000 people, when in reality it's more like 500-1,000 at best (and even as low as only a couple hundred for many teams). all of those other "tickets sold" are bought out by big corporations in the city of where the team plays in order to have tax write offs.

Ehh. I kinda think that picture was taken on a bad night. I've been to a few WNBA games and have actually been to a Wings game in the arena you mentioned above and ive never seen an arena as empty as the one pictured.

Edit: Now that I think about it, the Wings game I attended was opening night so that could've made a difference, but ive also been to a few games in Seattle and they always had a decent turn out.

Last edited:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Bout a hundred million Javale Mcghee "highlights" that would make this look like a vintage Phil Jackson triangle play.
:beli:

Someone toss that Javale/Wall gif up please.
:pachaha:

Calmye

Cali born Cali bred
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
This cac @sicc2def had 5 back to back post in here clowning these black women living their dreams out.

I’m convinced most you nikkas gay on here the way y’all hate women
:russ: nikka post your proof you're black fakkit. I've been here since:hamster:. Been here before the word Cac was even here.

Calmye

Cali born Cali bred
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Nope just don’t see the need to make corny jokes about folks living their dreams out. shyt is mad lame.

Cacs like you been on IG all day talking bout “is it a sandwich making competition” and other lame shyt like that
Never said anything like that soft ass faggit. They suck it is what it is. You act like a straight bytch breh. Take your how ass to LSA with this weak ass bullshyt. These ugly ass bytches suck at basketball. This league is like the Special Olympics at this point

McPiff

#goat
Daps
Watched the highlights of the game, it wasnt that bad :ld:

But a lot of y'all do sound like some unathletic fakkit ass bums, clowning these women getting paid for doing what they love for no damn reason :manny: