Woman, 57, died in 100-degree heat while hiking with a friend in remote part of the Grand Canyon

TheMailMan

All Star
Daps
Hydrate or die. Full canteens on deck. Camelbacks must be worn . 8 miles is a bit extreme tho. I used to walk around Kuwait all the time but always kept a 1.5 water bottle with me

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I love when fake militants go in both directions. Either Black people never go outdoors in the heat, or only Black people can go outdoors in the heat. Both claims in the thread. :laff:

No other group can be out in the sun but us..

I laugh when cacs and Arabs try claim they were in the deserts of Egypt topless

Heat exhaustion has literally nothing to do with skin color.

And North Africans were the main ones in Egypt, though there's been mixing there for 5,000 years. Not Europeans. Not Arabs. Not sub-Saharan Africans. They were North Africans.

Windows 91

Unreleased Operating System
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
C:\
People come out here and underestimate the heat because it's not humid. But that 100+ is no joke, heat exhaustion will run up on you quick.

Daps
I was in Phoenix over the weekend and it was 110 all fukking weekend. You know where my black ass was? In the AirBnB staying cool. I mean we left but we damm sure didn't do a a bunch of hanging out.

You sound like me. I went to meet up with a homie and we're trying to iron out some business deals... just being outside in the heat gave me a bad migraine. I wasn't even doing nothing. Just standing. Felt dehydrated

CouldntBeMeTho

*has the morals of a alley cat
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dog Shooting Squad Of Islamabad
Oh shyt thats wild. Seems you gotta do your research before taking that trip :wow:

And you did it 3 times thats amazing, how was it? shyt tough? How long you been hiking and where else have you hiked that’s notable?
it's really tough. There's a stretch at the bottom thats flat. But it's mostly going straight up or straight down, 27 miles.

I've never got through without having to stop and rest for a few hours. There's shelters and water fountains on the main trail.

Living in Arizona is what got me into hiking actually. I dont know how people live there most of their lives and don't do a little.

That's really the craziest hike I've done. Mostly do small things in and around cities.