World Health Organization : Bacon, Sausage, Ham among top 5 most carcinogenic substances

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
BlackBall said:
Sodium nitrate I believe

A large prospective study of meat consumption and colorectal cancer risk: an investigation of potential mechanisms underlying this association

Individuals in the highest quintile of red meat intake were more likely to be non-Hispanic White, current smokers and to have a higher BMI compared with those in the lowest quintile; furthermore, they were less educated, less physically active, less likely to have a family history of colorectal cancer and consumed less calcium, fiber, fruits and vegetables

:mjpls:

Amy Traphouse

Supporter
Daps
Braised pork belly tho
200w_d.gif

FSP

Banned
Daps
Isn't a carcinogen something that is only dangerous when inhaled?

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Vegans die everyday B :sas2:

Lol exactly. Im African and my ancestors been eating meat for centuries and out live vegans. Issue is Americans consume TOO MUCH meat. Dumb vegans have to take a ton of supplements to make up for the vitamins theyd get from meat. That said pork was never really part of west africans diets until outsiders came in and via slavery,and red meat was eaten occasionally simply due to the effort it took to slaughter huge cows.

FSP

Banned
Daps
Why do you have to reply before I can edit my shyt

Cooking food at high temperatures, for example grilling or barbecuing meats, can lead to the formation of minute quantities of many potent carcinogens that are comparable to those found in cigarette smoke (i.e.,benzo[a]pyrene).[12] Charring of food resembles coking and tobacco pyrolysis, and produces similar carcinogens. There are several carcinogenic pyrolysis products, such as polynuclear aromatic hydrocarbons, which are converted by human enzymes into epoxides, which attach permanently to DNA. Pre-cooking meats in a microwave oven for 2–3 minutes before grilling shortens the time on the hot pan, and removes heterocyclic amine (HCA) precursors, which can help minimize the formation of these carcinogens.[13]

Reports from the Food Standards Agency have found that the known animal carcinogen acrylamide is generated in fried or overheated carbohydrate foods (such as french fries and potato chips).[14] Studies are underway at theFDA and European regulatory agencies to assess its potential risk to humans.

:jbhmm: