Would Floyd Mayweather stand a chance against prime Hearns?

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I always thought he was the one...if anyone could of knocked out Floyd and put his defense to the ULTIMATE test, it would be Hearns. That speed and that reach...it would be the hardest match up of Floyd's career.

Last edited:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Yes, he stands a chance....he's Floyd Mayweather. Not 1 prime fighter in history, from 130-147, beats a prime Floyd every single fight.

That being said, Hearns reach, length, handspeed, jab, power, having the nerve to be someone who can fight either off the back foot OR stalk you at a high level, plus defense means I would pick Hearns overy Floyd every single time.

He wouldn't win them all, but I think he (outside of SRR) is the fighter who beats Floyd easier than anyone else would

morris

Superstar
Daps
Yes. Only pressure, combination-type fighters like Duran, Pryor, and the great Sugar Ray Leonard would have beaten him in his prine. Maybe even Wilfred Benitez during that great era.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Floyd would lose. Remember that Floyd "retired" when Paul Williams was a welterweight in order to avoid facing him. He returned once PW moved up to middleweight. PW was actively campaigning at 147-160
floyd would beat paul williams
him and hearns fight nothing like

ofcourse floyd has a chance, would be really tough tho
if i had to design a boxer who had a chance to beat floyd, it would pretty much beat hearns

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
I don't like doing fantasy match ups but imagine that right hand Mosley caught Floyd with coming from Hearns :huhldup::huhldup::huhldup:

I could also see Floyd time the shyt out of him and have him tentative to even throw at all. :manny: or fight him in the pocket all night like he did Augustus =no extension on that right hand a lot less power.

morris

Superstar
Daps
I don't like doing fantasy match ups but imagine that right hand Mosley caught Floyd with coming from Hearns :huhldup::huhldup::huhldup:

I could also see Floyd time the shyt out of him and have him tentative to even throw at all. :manny: or fight him in the pocket all night like he did Augustus =no extension on that right hand a lot less power.

Sugar Ray in his PRIME could not do that. He beat him through better grit and conditioning ... in the 14th round

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL

Breh Floyd not even a real WW. Tommy koed light heavy weights. After Tommy realizes this midget cant hurt me, he steam rolls him

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
floyd would beat paul williams
him and hearns fight nothing like

ofcourse floyd has a chance, would be really tough tho
if i had to design a boxer who had a chance to beat floyd, it would pretty much beat hearns

PW and Hearns were both freakishly tall (for welterweights) volume punchers with great shot placement. And although we can speculate on whether Floyd would've beat PW, I'm not lying- he wanted no parts of PWs and retired when he was on a tear in the welterweight division. That's fact bro. I witnessed it all. Mayweather camp avoided Williams because it was high risk low reward, which unfortunately was the case for a lot of potential fights in Mayweathers career. Just calling a spade a spade bruhs