Would Floyd Mayweather stand a chance against prime Hearns?

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
PW and Hearns were both freakishly tall (for welterweights) volume punchers with great shot placement. And although we can speculate on whether Floyd would've beat PW, I'm not lying- he wanted no parts of PWs and retired when he was on a tear in the welterweight division. That's fact bro. I witnessed it all. Mayweather camp avoided Williams because it was high risk low reward, which unfortunately was the case for a lot of potential fights in Mayweathers career. Just calling a spade a spade bruhs
ill just paul williams say it for himself cause im tired of explaining myself

also, it doesnt matter how tall you are if you fight small
and paul williams fought small

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
ill just paul williams say it for himself cause im tired of explaining myself

also, it doesnt matter how tall you are if you fight small
and paul williams fought small

That video doesn't prove anything bro. PW first and foremost, was and is always a man of integrity, class and respect. So no, Id never expect him to say anything bad about Floyd or anybody. Hes a humble champ. And I don't know what fights ure referring to where he fought "small"- he fought on the inside a lot yes, but wasn't giving up his height in his fights. Hed use his reach to throw volume and then fight on the inside where he extraordinarily threw short hooks on the inside.

morris

Superstar
Daps
PW and Hearns were both freakishly tall (for welterweights) volume punchers with great shot placement. And although we can speculate on whether Floyd would've beat PW, I'm not lying- he wanted no parts of PWs and retired when he was on a tear in the welterweight division. That's fact bro. I witnessed it all. Mayweather camp avoided Williams because it was high risk low reward, which unfortunately was the case for a lot of potential fights in Mayweathers career. Just calling a spade a spade bruhs
There were only 2 tall WW during Floyd's reign. PW and Margacheato....he fought neither.

morris

Superstar
Daps
None of them bigger guys were a prime hitman
N

None as he had serious right hand power. The one thing that always made TH an exciting fighter was his chin. Benitez rocked him hard and he was known more as a slick boxer puncher rather than a power puncher (discounting Maurice Hope)

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
N

None as he had serious right hand power. The one thing that always made TH an exciting fighter was his chin. Benitez rocked him hard and he was known more as a slick boxer puncher rather than a power puncher (discounting Maurice Hope)
Benitez is a bigger dude then Floyd iirc

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
None of them bigger guys were a prime hitman
not talkin about fighter quality
im talkin about chin
if floyd can back off dudes outweighin him by 15-20 pounds on fight night with his power
then he can make hearns respect his power as well
dont forget before the injuries, floyd had knockout power in both hands
he wouldnt knock out hearns, but lets not act like hes paulie

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
not talkin about fighter quality
im talkin about chin
if floyd can back off dudes outweighin him by 15-20 pounds on fight night with his power
then he can make hearns respect his power as well
dont forget before the injuries, floyd had knockout power in both hands
he wouldnt knock out hearns, but lets not act like hes paulie
Agreed. Floyd pre hand injuries stands a chance against anyone but I'd pick bigger more athletic guys with good skill like hitman srl, srr, maybe even a benitez or Vernon forrest