:wtf: is the alerts system broken again?

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
For the past few weeks my alerts be trolling. Sometimes when I get on the coli I will see the red box with various numbers (from 1 to 5+ alerts), but when I click on it, it says 'you have no new alerts' or show me alerts that I already acknowledged.

I didn't see any complaints so I figured it was just me and I would just live with it :manny: but now the shyt is getting outta hand...I just got notified like three times in a row and when I click to see, I get nothing :beli:

@bk can you look into this my man. shyt is getting annoying.

Last edited:

cook

Banned
Daps
I'll look around but its really hard to debug things when I can't reproduce the problem. If anyone else has it please let me know. Also give me some exact times you had the problem so I can look at server logs. Has it always been a problem? If not, when did it start exactly?

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
I'll look around but its really hard to debug things when I can't reproduce the problem. If anyone else has it please let me know. Also give me some exact times you had the problem so I can look at server logs. Has it always been a problem? If not, when did it start exactly?

It's pretty much been happening almost everyday for the last couple of months, probably a few weeks after you solved the quotation issue. I would open up my browser to the coli and see the red box, most times it would be legit alerts and other times the fake ones. Its happening so frequently now that I got used to it and even joked with myself if this is gonna be a real or fake alert when I see the red box.

What was weird tho, was seeing the notification that I had an alert come up twice while I was browsing and they turned out to be nothing. That happened like a few minutes before I made this thread. Appreciate u looking into this breh even if you can't solve the problem.

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Same thing happens to me when I come to the site for the first time everyday. After that, any notifications I get are legit.

cook

Banned
Daps
Same thing happens to me when I come to the site for the first time everyday. After that, any notifications I get are legit.

Are you leaving the coli open on multiple devices? This will happen to me if I have the coli open on my computer then check my alerts on my phone and then go back to the computer or vice versa.

@Darts same question ^^?

If so... that's expected behavior...the browser will show alerts but won't recognize that you checked them on another device until you hover/click your alerts and at that point the alerts will disapear

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Are you leaving the coli open on multiple devices? This will happen to me if I have the coli open on my computer then check my alerts on my phone and then go back to the computer or vice versa.

@Darts same question ^^?

If so... that's expected behavior...the browser will show alerts but won't recognize that you checked them on another device until you hover/click your alerts and at that point the alerts will disapear
No I only use 1 device at a time. I dont have a smart phone so its not like I am continuously logged into the coli and then using a computer at the same time. It happens every morning like clockwork on whichever device I use first (home/school computer, tablet...). Ill try to make a video tomorrow of it happening.

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps

@Darts same question ^^?

Yeah i'm logged in on both my tablet and laptop, so that might be the answer. :patrice: I'm going to log out of my tablet later today and see if that makes a difference.

I still don't understand why I got those two random notifications with nothing in 'em. Hope it was just a one time thing.

cook

Banned
Daps
Yeah i'm logged in on both my tablet and laptop, so that might be the answer. :patrice: I'm going to log out of my tablet later today and see if that makes a difference.

I still don't understand why I got those two random notifications with nothing in 'em. Hope it was just a one time thing.

Click alerts, it should bring you to all your alerts. You'll probably see the 2 random alerts listed there and realize you already saw them on a different device.

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
Click alerts, it should bring you to all your alerts. You'll probably see the 2 random alerts listed there and realize you already saw them on a different device.

I'm not seeing anything different but I think its cool now, ur previous post probably solved the riddle for me.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Mine been alerting me on old alerts