• Nah not since '05

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • fukk that CAC corp

Votes: 14 87.5%

• Total voters
Daps
Reppin
Queens/NYC
First that nikka that got into it with the White Editor ho. People telling me it is owned by a CAC and the whole writing style and tone is seeming real white washed "urbana" bullshyt. :why:

What exactly are they useful for we can get Hip Hop news from a million other sources, they may have been relevant back in the day but in light of the recent discoveries on how they are owned by this fakkit

Rich-Antoniello-Complex.jpg

And another CAC is the Editor in Chief

untitled+shoot_343adidas.jpg

I could see if they were cool White boys that showed they are truly down with the struggle, admittedly I don't know much about the company because I was never into reading them like that.

Can someone inform me briefly on who exactly they appeal to? It has to be these gentrifying buppies or their white counterparts or some new legion of ghetto asian koreanikkas in SoCal? Cause I know that whole company just don't represent our people or culture at all like why do they even still exist? :ohlawd:

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I could see if they were cool White boys that showed they are truly down with the struggle, admittedly I don't know much about the company because I was never into reading them like that.

no such thing. they're all inherently demonic.

Daps
Reppin
Queens/NYC
mark ecko was who started complex. Public culture vulture #1

Forgot about that. I used to want to wear his shyt and my Moms said I am not buying it because he is a White boy that profits off of Black people. Of course being a teen I had no idea who owned what except I knew FUBU was owned by Daymond.

twhatever

we had joy we had fun we had seasons in the sun
Daps
What's up with Complex?

It's...:leostare: complex

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Complex is not and never was for black people. I figured this out upon th3 first time I purchased a issue of it in the fall of 2007. The magazine was pretty much spearheaded by culture vulture extradoirnaire (SP) Marc Ecko. It's basically urban culture for millenial whites, asians, and indians who want to get close to black culture without any semblance of black people in the magazine. It's pretty catered to people who love black culture and art but would rather see it not from black people. The same audience is gentrifying a former black neighborhood near you.

Their crowd are white boys who post on sites like this one, I've met a couple of people associated with that magazine, none of them were black. One of them was a racist Korean ho that tried to act all ghetto in front of me til I embarassed her infront of my roommate who she was dating at the time.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
In like 03/04 all the major rappers were on the front of the magazine. nikkas was copping just to read the interviews and shyt
Back then, complex was irrelevant. For rap it was The Source or XXL, for music it was the Fader or The Wire.

Basically Complex is a more commercially successful version of Mass Appeal, Elemental Magazine, While You Were Sleeping, etc....those used to be underground hip-hop/graffiti magazines that thrived in the late 90s/early 00s, but then with the rise of the millenial urban audience changed their format to basically capture that burgeoning market that basically precluded hypebeast.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
But also...look at the colonial mentality of complex media group...

Look at how many sites they bought out and put the complex part on it. It's digital gentrification.

They vultures. They don't give a shyt about hip-hop culture.

Funny the scooped up 12oz Prophet...go to their forums and 90% of the posts that aren't graffiti related are calling Marc Ecko a fukkin sucker and a lame.

TRY GOD

BOTH SIDES.
Daps
Reppin
GOD
But also...look at the colonial mentality of complex media group...

Look at how many sites they bought out and put the complex part on it. It's digital gentrification.

They vultures. They don't give a shyt about hip-hop culture.

Funny the scooped up 12oz Prophet...go to their forums and 90% of the posts that aren't graffiti related are calling Marc Ecko a fukkin sucker and a lame.
Complex even scooped up egotripland:sas2: