WWE needs a women's mid card title?

Should there be a women's mid card title?

• Yes

Votes: 24 70.6%
  • No

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Unsure

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

Straw Hat Luffy

Superstar
Daps
Creating an IC title for the women’s is a good idea that shouldn’t happen anytime soon.

the women’s tag titles have been around for 2 to 3 years now; and I can’t name you anyone who’s actually benefited from them if we’re talking about getting over with the audience, same thing can be applied to other promotions having multiple titles putting on “wrestling clinics”

It always goes back to character work and storylines man. Xia facing Becky or oh girl from the Creed Brothers group facing Rhea would have worked far better if someone like Xia was on wwe programming weekly. We got Becky vs Xia and then Xia disappeared from RAW. The exact thing will happen to the women with the IC, especially if we go with the defend the title on all three brand narratives.

There needs to be storylines outside of titles, with adding character development and consistent tv time so audiences can build a relationship with the women

Like Rhea is champion but she’s also part of storylines with judgement day. Now to be fair we might see more of this happening with Vince and his crew being booted out.

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
It would be defended across all 3 brands

Hopefully :lupe:
Well if they do make an IC-type title for the women I would think you would have to do that because, Raw has a main title and SD has a main title. If you create a mid-card title and don't showcase it on at least Raw and SD, then you need to make two for each brand and honestly, they don't need 4 main roster women's singles titles.

If they did try this, I would make a Women's IC title, for a lack of a better term, that's is defended on either Raw or SD.

Then I would give NXT a Women's North American title, since they seem at the moment, still disinterested in showcasing or giving the Tag titles to a NXT team.

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
Well if they do make an IC-type title for the women I would think you would have to do that because, Raw has a main title and SD has a main title. If you create a mid-card title and don't showcase it on at least Raw and SD, then you need to make two for each brand and honestly, they don't need 4 main roster women's singles titles.
I don’t completely disagree with you but they do have enough women to actually make one for each brand work :ehh:

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
I don’t completely disagree with you but they do have enough women to actually make one for each brand work :ehh:
I edited my post, so check that out. They do have enough women but it would be overkill in my opinion. Too many titles can be a bad thing. We are seeing that in other places. Plus WWE has enough as is. They need to get the men's tag titles either split or 1 pair across both brands and when Roman finally loses, it's back to being one singular title reign. Universal title likely gets bushed.

Last edited:

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
I edited my post, so check that out. They do have enough women but it would be overkill in my opinion. Too many titles can be a bad thing. We are seeing that in other places. Plus WWE has enough as is. They need to get the men's tag titles either split or 1 pair across both brands and when Roman finally loses, it's back to being one singular title reign. Universal title likely gets bushed.
That is wild it’s been damn near 2 years and they still have 2 sets of men tag titles :dwillhuh:

And technically they already made Rome title a singular title, they merged the Universal with the WWE title

Last edited:

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
No, it's not the problem solver (look at AEW).

They rightfully gave Rhea a long reign, but, both champs having long reigns is the real problem.

Becky made the NXT Women's title a mid card title and we had to watch Indy, Teagen and Nattie.

:mjlol: They gave ya'll another World title and ya'll shyt on Seth every chance ya'll get.

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
That is wild it’s been damn near 2 years and they still have 2 sets of men tag titles :dwillhuh:

And technical they already made Rome title a singular title, they merged the Universal with the WWE title
It's one title but still represents two lineages. It's why "Universal" is still in the technical name. In most promos the guys are just calling it the WWE title, so I think they are just getting us ready for when Roman does lose, that the Universal title lineage stops and the WWE title lineage continues. Just a theory but it does make sense.

It's been rumored they were going to either split the tag titles or finally merge them, but they haven't. I think they might be waiting for WM to do that, which ever option they chose, I can only guess.

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Nah they just need to have storylines for the mid-card. We don't need a title to tell us who got next up, the booking should do that. If someone is really doing that well and getting that over, they should absolutely be in the rotation of women's title challengers. A good example of mid-card storyline without title is the Becky/Nia angle. A good example of secondary belt doesn't help and you just need storylines is the tag titles.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
They should treat the NXT women's title like this. Let these girls that'll be going for the midcard title come in and work NXT to get there. They could likely use the PC work to be fair, and it'd mean less belt bloat. The NXT Women's Title should work like that midcard title - whoever is holding it should realistically pop up on the main intermittently to get them some visibility anyways.

Realistically they need to fold the NA into the US and do the same with that. NXT is a thing with it's own TV deal at this point - be useful to have it mix in some people from main who aren't getting any shine as it is, with the knowledge that if they get to the top of the card they can get back on main roster TV with an added boon of a title over their shoulder. Corbin, Dragon Lee, Becky, Dana, Ziggles all went down there for programs. Should happen more particularly for the women since the NXT women success rate is notably high.

Trips

Superstar
Daps
I think that with the two shows and NXT. There is definitely a need for a Women's IC/US title. I think the way things are starting to be booked now on the shows. With multiple undercard storylines and such. That there is a chance to really get a midcard title over for the women. As you could have basically your world title feuds on the two brands. A tag team angle for the tag belts. And then a feud for this new title. Keeps several of the women busy and gives a chance to help give some that are floundering a bit more of a boost. Having someone like Shayna, or Zoey putting out women's bangers each week would be fun. Or a way to prop a new star like Jade, Tiffy or Roxi when they come up and keep them from having to go right in with Bianca, Rhea, Charlotte, Bex right out of the gate.