WWE Signs 7 new recruits from China

Superkick Party

Atlus / Ryū ga Gotoku
Daps
Reppin
Hub City

ChinaRecruits--18720c043cf9091d19c35b3d9f494e00.jpg

SHANGHAI, China and STAMFORD, Conn. — WWE has signed seven new recruits from China to developmental contracts. Big Boa, Gu Guangming, Gao Lei, Zhao Xia, Wang Xiaolong, Yifeng and Cheng Yuxiang were all discovered earlier this year during a four-day tryout held in Shanghai and will begin training at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida, in January 2017.

The signing of these new recruits further cements WWE’s long-term commitment in China. In June, WWE announced an exclusive multi-year content distribution agreement with PPTV to deliver its flagship shows Raw and SmackDown LIVE in Mandarin, and Bin Wang as the first Chinese talent signed to a developmental contract.

The seven new recruits will all attend WWE Live China at the Mercedes-Benz Arena, Shanghai, this Saturday, Sept. 10, and witness history as Wang, from Anhui, makes his WWE in-ring debut against Bo Dallas.

“WWE is dedicated to finding the most talented athletes and entertainers from around the world,” said Paul “Triple H” Levesque, WWE Executive Vice President, Talent, Live Events & Creative. “The seven athletes identified at WWE’s first-ever tryout in China will be given the opportunity to train at the WWE Performance Center, in the hopes of becoming the next big WWE Superstar, while also helping to inspire future WWE Superstars and continue the global success of WWE.”

chineserecruitsstill--831b8c57576b5bdc80189aae94658e7f.jpg

Additional information on the new recruits:

• Big Boa (6-foot-4, 220 pounds) is a purple belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu. He was named the 2016 Brazilian jiu-jitsu China Open Gi/No-Gi champion and represented China at the 2013 ADCC Submission Wrestling World Championships.​
  • Gu Guangming (6-foot-8, 287 pounds) is an amateur boxer from Mudanjiang, ranking among the top amateurs in his weight class since 2012. He won the National Men’s Championship in his weight class in 2014.​
  • Gao Lei (5-foot-10, and 320 pounds) is a champion in various Beijing traditional wrestling promotions and was the team leader of Mongolian University’s wrestling team.​
  • Zhao Xia (5-foot-4, 136 pounds) has trained in martial arts and is the co-founder of her own fitness studio. Zhao has multiple first-place finishes in various martial arts and fitness competitions, including the Second World Traditional Chinese Wushu Championship, Nike Challenge Competition and First China Throw Down: Battle on the Bund.​
  • Wang Xiaolong (6-foot-3, 243 pounds) of Beijing has a background in basketball and dance, and he studied at the Shandong University of Technology and the Beijing Contemporary Music Academy for music production.​
  • Yifeng (6-foot-2, 238 pounds) is an actor from Shanghai and a graduate of the Shanghai Theater Company. Yifeng was most recently featured in the movie “Lady and Tiger” in 2014.​
  • Cheng Yuxiang (6-foot-2, 226 pounds) is an expert-level fitness trainer from Beijing, certified by the Beijing Zhuo Zhonghua International Fitness Academy. Cheng also participates in various Chinese boxing competitions across the country.​

Last edited:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
They're trying they're absolute damndest to make a chinese star.

Would've been better off saying one of their japs was from there instead, they all look alike :mjpls:

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps
Seven?!?!

They only got three people from Japan, four if you're counting Ibushi who may not sign after the CWC. But at least the Japanese folks have a wrestling background, according to this only one of those seven does.

I know they're Chinese , but damn if those names don't read like a Dynasty Warriors character select screen.

Superkick Party

Atlus / Ryū ga Gotoku
Daps
Reppin
Hub City
Seven?!?!

They only got three people from Japan, four if you're counting Ibushi who may not sign after the CWC. But at least the Japanese folks have a wrestling background, according to this only one of those seven does.

I know they're Chinese , but damn if those names don't read like a Dynasty Warriors character select screen.

Nine if you include Ho Ho and Bin Wong who were already signed

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
Seven?!?!

And it's the short fat dude too, looks like a chinese Bull Dempsey :russ:

They gotta take what they can get breh, there's not a lot of Chinese wrestlers out there

This chick's Chinese, speaks Cantonese, Mandarin, Japanese and English and might be the best Chinese wrestler out there, but I heard she's got a brain tumor though:mjcry:

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
at least most of them have an athletic background

i would love to be optimistic BUT they haven't exactly been successful in recent years tapping into other racial demographics ie latino due to half assed booking so should we really expect differently here?

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think there's going to be alot of synergy between WWE's expansion in China and Shane's Chinese business endeavors (specifically YOD)

That's why I own stock in YOD and don't plan on selling for a while. My guess in the next 2-3 years there's going to be a lot of cross promotion between the two, which if successful will heavily line Shane's pockets (and mine)

Follow the money

Last edited:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I think there's going to be alot of synergy between WWE's expansion in China and Shane's Chinese business endeavors (specifically YOD)

That's why I own stock in YOD and don't plan on selling for a while. My guess in the next 2-3 years there's going to be a lot of cross promotion between the two, which if successful will heavily line Shane's pockets (and mind)

Follow the money

:feedme:

The Chinese been very aggressive the last 2-3 years, they've been buying up mines in Africa, the DRC and a couple in West Africa, the PM/President of China has a fetish for soccer and to improve the league and has people/friends paying mid level soccer players, salaries on pat to what the like of Messi and Ronaldo get, like 12-15m per year tax free. Also a Chinese consortium with government backing has just bought AC Milan.