WWE SummerSlam 8.19.18 "Lesnar vs Reigns IV, Let The Coronation Begin"

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Sounds like you dont understand the basis of the feud at all :skip:

There is no basis to WWE feuds ever. They can literally go the way I layed out, or the lay you layed out, and both work. I just would like to see my way more.

Miz type heels don’t fit that archetype. Kurt angle circa 2000-01 fits that mold. 1999-2000 Triple H fits that mold. You don’t want an edge or miz type heel to win clean. Their entire pathology as a heel is that they’ll do anything it takes to win and their willingness to break the rules gives them an edge (don’t ask me how) that their opponent does not. Once they stop cheating, there’s little reason to boo them. A loudmouth heel has to break the rules for him to stay heel. Otherwise the crowd ends up turning them face like they did Austin.

Triple H is actually a perfect example. He was a chicken shyt heel, would cheat and use the sledge all the time, but every now and then he would get legit wins over top guys. And that is why you are citing him as someone who wasn't a chickenshyt, when he was.

I think if they want to push Miz to the next level, DB is the perfect guy to get one legit win in a feud with. Doesn't have to win the feud, but still show out.

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
There is no basis to WWE feuds ever. They can literally go the way I layed out, or the lay you layed out, and both work. I just would like to see my way more.

Triple H is actually a perfect example. He was a chicken shyt heel, would cheat and use the sledge all the time, but every now and then he would get legit wins over top guys. And that is why you are citing him as someone who wasn't a chickenshyt, when he was.

I think if they want to push Miz to the next level, DB is the perfect guy to get one legit win in a feud with. Doesn't have to win the feud, but still show out.
Trjple H was occasionally chickenshyt but also could actually kick ass and was believable in doing it and played the part well. That's not Miz's character and never has been. Furthermore, the entire basis of THIS feud in particular, from the very beginning 8 years ago or whatever it was, has always been the dichotomy between Bryan being the more pure performer, the superior wrestler even as a NXT rookie, and Miz feeling like Bryan never showed him due respect as a result. Now with Bryan being retired for awhile and Miz having the best run of his career, he once again feels like he has something over Bryan and is arguably more successful in at least one way - but nothing that fans would actually respect or agree with, hence him playing the delusional heel to Bryan's fighting babyface who's technically superior. Again this dynamic works in both kayfabe and shoot terms and makes the whole thing feel more real. If you suddenly book Miz to just outwrestle and beat Bryan kayfabe, first of all it throws the whole dynamic out of whack by betraying the characters both have been portraying the entire time, plus it doesnt feel real as the fans aren't gonna buy that Miz, though improved, can suddenly hang with Bryan, let alone beat him legit.

That can be a good story if done right with the right performers as it has been in the past, but this ain't the feud for it. It would literally mess up the entire decade-long story.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
Last edited: