Y'all ever look at low wage employees and be like damn?

Discussion in 'The Locker Room' started by BlackMoney, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Deus

Deus "I didn't realize that you were laughing" Supporter

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Kingsbridge
    Coli Cash:
    $416.25

Walmart and McDonalds could pay higher wages without raising prices and still make money, but according to Wall Street it wouldn't be enough money and the bigs would make less even though they have millions and billions but they can't have that so people on the bottom suffer.

Greed is a powerful thing.
    :mjcry:

B..., Quasi, Azik and 15 others dapped this.
  2. Mr swag

Mr swag We Out Here

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    The Well Respected Uptown,Virginia
    Coli Cash:
    $337282.00

A guy I knew from high school was walking to the gym and caught me as I was walking in the liquor store at 3pm. Felt like a fukking loser

3. Wink Beaufield

Wink Beaufield All Star

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Southeast DC
    Coli Cash:
    $200500.00

I know the feeling. I went from working as a baggage handler at the airport hustling for them tips, then working at TSA dealing with that trash then working at a call center. Working them jobs humbled the fukk outta me and when I did make it to that "good paying job" the feeling of making it feels like the world was lifted off my shoulders.:blessed:

Now, I do what I can to put people on to jobs that can get them out of retail or warehouse hell.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
    Azik, Elle Driver, nkb97 and 9 others dapped this.
  4. Smokin Rider

Smokin Rider I been official

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Seattle SuperChronic
    Coli Cash:
    $345577.00

Treat everyone with respect. We all just trying to live in this rat race. 3 years ago I made 11/hr now I'm at 26/hr doing the exact same thing. I dont want to be but I dont have a formal education so I lucked out getting a custodian job that pays full time at that rate. I'm just stacking my money til I can start my own business, all I do is work, workout, and read business books.

5. Kairi Irving

Kairi Irving Here Comes A New Challenger

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

Why would anyone choose crazy low paying jobs? Go work at Winn Dixie or Publix lol

goatmane dapped this.
  6. Warren Moon

Warren Moon Superstar Supporter

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $246000.00

I hate ceo pay but this an urban myth. If you took ceo pay and have it to workers it’s be a drop in the bucket.

If Walmart ceo got $25 million and they gave it to their employees. Take 1.5 just used based employees. Each one would get $16 and change or 30 cents extra a week

7. DragonKnight

DragonKnight All Star Bushed

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

I always salute pretty women that work low wages or any wages period. Cuz it’s always an easy way out ladies. You sell that hole and it gets way easier

8. Wild self

Wild self The Black Man will prosper! Supporter

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $305560.00

I'm talking about other execs and shareholders, too.

9. Mhofu

Mhofu Pro

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

Retail work is soul destroying.
    However, I always follow the Golden Rule. You'll be suprised how simple P's and Q's can get you far in life.

10. Warren Moon

Warren Moon Superstar Supporter

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $246000.00

It’s still pretty small man. But I get ur point. I wish we had more employee owned firms in the us

Wild self dapped this.
  11. TEKBEATZ

TEKBEATZ Banging Pads Staff Member

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Saint Petersburg. FL
    Coli Cash:
    $445933.00

Facts

12. KING WILL

KING WILL All Star

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

Not like damn, but I do go out of my way not to be a$$holes to those workers.

MFers love shytting on em for some reason.

13. LunaticVillage415

LunaticVillage415 All Star

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NULL
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

Damn, the Coli must be all undercover cacs, Asians, Afric00ns and ass kissing negroes. :ohhh:If you have a high paying job, chances are you were lucky AND knew the right people or came from a well connected family. :stopitslime: Poverty is systemic in Amerikkka. Some of y'all claim to have grown up poor in horrible circumstances, yet look down on low wage workers. :jbhmm:Doesn't add up. So y'all broke generations of poverty in one generation? Everyone on the Coli is a Jay Z Jr? Yeah, ok. :duck:And no, I don't believe in meritocracy. A lot of life boils down to luck. I graduated from college during the 09' recession and people I graduated with who spoke three different languages and had engineering degrees couldn't get a job at Wendy's back then :picard:. But I know folks ten years older than me who graduated during the tech boom and got six figure jobs in tech fresh out of college with English degrees. Everyone I knew from college who got good jobs and never had to struggle all had connections. Higher education meritocracy is really just a cover up for white privilege. Black college grads have the same likelihood of getting hired as a white man who is a convicted felon.:wtf:

I don't care what the news says, the economy is still really bad. Unemployment is low because underemployment is on the rise. You shouldn't tell anyone to eat cake because you could be back to eating Ramen real soon. Especially if you black or even just not white. And black people who work in high paying white collar jobs kiss cac ass daily. Government is probably the only place where upper earning black people are allowed to be black culturally. :usure:

Insensitive, Azik, WesCrook and 20 others dapped this.
  14. kej718

kej718 Veteran

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NULL
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

It's better then doing nothing. People out here havinv kids just so they can get welfare and housing. At least these people are working. It could just be a side hustle, or if they have someone they are with taking care of most of the bills then that can bring in a little more money.

One thing I learned is to never judge a book by its cover. I've worked in warehouses with dude working towards getting thier certification. My friend at this same warehouse got me into investing. I know a girl that day trades during the day and at night works jobsike this.

Sometimes it's just a matter of convenience.

15. Based Lord Zedd

Based Lord Zedd Colts or Die Supporter

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Houston TX
    Coli Cash:
    $100.00

I don't look down on people in low paying jobs or treat them poorly.
    At the same time, I don't feel sorry for them, I've managed before and a lot of people do it to themselves.
    I can respect someone doing their best and trying to make it, but not someone who is OK staying in a shytty position.

KyokushinKarateMan dapped this.