Ya'll Ever Wondered "What if Nat Turners Revolt Succeeded"?

Archangel

Banned
Daps
Was thinking about this hard. Imagine the slave revolt continuing on and Nat conquering more plantations, gaining more members and accomplishing the goal of taking the armory. Imagine if news spread throughout the country and other slaves organized and schemed and took over their plantations as well, joining up with Parkers. What if the numbers of slaves swelled into the thousands? Together over the span of months/years, a war breaks out between freed slaves - whose numbers have reached the millions vs Slavers. I imagine it going something like the Revolutionary War. What if this scenario happened and we won? Would love to see this in theaters; like the Haitian Revolution times 20.

Imagine America had the slaves rebelled and managed to capture major states en route to killing the president and other governing officials, overthrowing the seat of power and conquering the country.

What would've been the outcome?

RIP to all the slaves who gave their lives for freedom :wow:

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Was thinking about this hard. Imagine the slave revolt continuing on and Nat conquering more plantations, gaining more members and accomplishing the goal of taking the armory. Imagine if news spread throughout the country and other slaves organized and schemed and took over their plantations as well, joining up with Parkers. What if the numbers of slaves swelled into the thousands? Together over the span of months/years, a war breaks out between freed slaves - whose numbers have reached the millions vs Slavers. I imagine it going something like the Revolutionary War. What if this scenario happened and we won? Would love to see this in theaters; like the Haitian Revolution times 20.

Imagine America had the slaves rebelled and managed to capture major states en route to killing the president and other governing officials, overthrowing the seat of power and conquering the country.

It's tough to imagine given the deficit in manpower, weapons, and experience. I think Turner's rebellion could have been more successful than it was, but it's hard to see it going as far as you imagine. Also, the Hatian Revolution(s) weren't the military success you imagine. Yellow Fever was crucial to the French abandoning Haiti.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
It's tough to imagine given the deficit in manpower, weapons, and experience. I think Turner's rebellion could have been more successful than it was, but it's hard to see it going as far as you imagine. Also, the Hatian Revolution(s) weren't the military success you imagine. Yellow Fever was crucial to the French abandoning Haiti.
The Yellow Fever situation is an exaggeration overblown by the French and white Historians to make the big L given to them less big. You always forget that white settlers were living very comfortably in Saint Domingue prior to the revolution. The French was NEVER going to "abandon" Saint Domingue as it was their richest colony at the time and their biggest money maker.The fact that you believe this as fact tells us enough of your agenda.

@loyola llothta

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The Yellow Fever situation is an exaggeration overblown by the French and white Historians to make the big L given to them less big. You always forget that white settlers were living very comfortably in Saint Domingue prior to the revolution. The French was NEVER going to "abandon" Saint Domingue as it was their richest colony at the time and their biggest money maker.The fact that you believe this as fact tells us enough of your agenda.

@loyola llothta

:rudy:
What agenda? If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but agenda?:camby:How many French were killed by Black Haitians vs. Yellow fever?

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika

You should follow my guy Haki Kweli Shakur on IG, he posts a lot about maroon settlements and New Afrikan resistance throughout history.

I think that they probably would have linked up with the Great Dismal Swamp maroons, but I'm not sure where things would have gone after that. I do feel that an insurrection would've been more successful in the Deep South since there were fewer cacs, but who knows...

The bold has me daydreaming though :noah: I don't know about conquering the country, but definitely separating and gaining independence would've been on the table

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
What agenda? If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but agenda?:camby:How many French were killed by Black Haitians vs. Yellow fever?

Keep MY peoples historty out your filthy mouth. People like you do not realize that there were many "wars" in the Haitian revolution. Some fighting the British. Some fighting the Spanish. And heck sometimes with Haitians being allied with the French, Spanish or British to play them against one another. We do not here about yellow fever deaths then. Only towards the end for some reason.

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
Yellow fever was not the only factor. Guerrilla warfare also eroded the French forces. Another factor was mulattos and Africans were United and proved difficult to be defeated. Add numbers were on the side of Haitians. They were able to replenish their losses with new recruits. The frenchies had to wait 90 days for reinforcements. Yellow was one of the factor why the French lost but not the only one.

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
On topic Nat Turner would have to move to the deep south. I think blacks out numbered whites 10-15 to 1. There it would be more successful. Then the next step would be getting weapons. Gun running could happen. Haiti was getting arms from the British unless they promise not to spread a slave revolt in British possessions in the Caribbean. Have Nat Turner do that. Next they gonna have to prepare for the coming Anglo onslaught from the North. Remember Andrew Jackson is president at the time. He is a racist genocidal maniac. So Nat Turner would have forge alliances with Native Americans in Florida. That would be a big boost in manpower. I doubt the US army at the time could handle a Native America/African guerilla campagna in the south. Plus the US army was small at the time and not strong. So Nat Turner with his allies launch a guerilla campaign for a while until attrition erodes their control. Then when peace talks begin create a black nation in the Deep South. The key is to get the rebellion rolling in the deep south and link up with natives and get a good gun connect from a foreign entity and boom it would be sucessful.

Archangel

Banned
Daps
On topic Nat Turner would have to move to the deep south. I think blacks out numbered whites 10-15 to 1. There it would be more successful. Then the next step would be getting weapons. Gun running could happen. Haiti was getting arms from the British unless they promise not to spread a slave revolt in British possessions in the Caribbean. Have Nat Turner do that. Next they gonna have to prepare for the coming Anglo onslaught from the North. Remember Andrew Jackson is president at the time. He is a racist genocidal maniac. So Nat Turner would have forge alliances with Native Americans in Florida. That would be a big boost in manpower. I doubt the US army at the time could handle a Native America/African guerilla campagna in the south. Plus the US army was small at the time and not strong. So Nat Turner with his allies launch a guerilla campaign for a while until attrition erodes their control. Then when peace talks begin create a black nation in the Deep South. The key is to get the rebellion rolling in the deep south and link up with natives and get a good gun connect from a foreign entity and boom it would be sucessful.

A foreign entity like who in your opinion? The British?

getmoney310cpt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Compton CA/Rosecrans Ave
i feel like britain/france/spain would have seen this going down and invaded on some lets kick the americans while they down shyt (cause they want this land) and then would have allied with us on some smile in our face and stab in the back shyt that cacs do...now if nat turner accepts or denies is the question

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Keep MY peoples historty out your filthy mouth. People like you do not realize that there were many "wars" in the Haitian revolution. Some fighting the British. Some fighting the Spanish. And heck sometimes with Haitians being allied with the French, Spanish or British to play them against one another. We do not here about yellow fever deaths then. Only towards the end for some reason.
:stopitslime:

Edit: I'm not unfamiliar with Haitian history (thanks to Avengers of the New World), but I wouldn't pretend to know everything- at all. I have a lot of respect for what Haitians did. I think we all do. So calm the fukk down, and lets build.

Here's what Wiki says about Yellow Fever's role in the Haitian Revolutions:

"It has recently been estimated that the slave rebellion resulted in the death of 350,000 Haitians and 50,000 European troops.[92] According to the Encyclopedia of African American Politics, "Between 1791 and independence in 1804 nearly 200,000 blacks died, as did thousands of mulattoes and as many as 100,000 French and British soldiers."[93] Yellow fever did most of the killing. Geggus points out that at least 3 out of every 5 British troops sent there in 1791–97 died of disease.[94][95] There has been considerable debate over whether the number of deaths caused by disease was exaggerated.[96]"

External debt of Haiti - Wikipedia

[96] Leads to a few book called The Slaves Who Defeated Napoleon. In it the author Leclerc gives varying accounts of his troop totals and losses for various reasons like asking France for more men or just hiding military defeats/losses. This author cites hospital records that show 60% of the French soldiers there in spring 1802 were wounded. He goes on to conclude, however, that that year 43% died of yellow fever, 8% died of other diseases, and 14% died in combat.

I've never read this book, or even heard of it. It's got like 6 reviews on Amazon:mjlol:. Still, that's one estimate.:yeshrug:

It seems like I've stepped on some sort of landmine. I had no idea this was a controversial topic, but I'm always down to learn. All that being said, everything I've read says Yellow Fever was critical to defeating French forces. That's not a knock. As far as I'm concerned, god sent those mosquitoes.

Last edited:

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
He gave us the blueprint. That was enough.
That man can rest now... The people that needed to see what he was flashing got the memo.

It was never for the masses to do.
Farakhan learned that.

He went from wanting a million idle, to 10k strong ready to set the planet free.

Nat understood it for what it was. People now need reminding.
"The babies too." -Nat Turner

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
Britain would have had to been on our side and struck a deal where they would keep Canada and the northern states. This probably would have meant an eventual war with the Ottoman Empire who wouldn't have wanted that at all.

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.
Hard to think about with all the What ifs.. How good was the USA around the time nat turner wanted to do his shyt? :patrice: