y'all think Lonzo ball will be worth all the hype ?

backbreaker65

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Passage of Time
I think the focus on Zo is about scoring, when that is what he is not about. He is a facilitator just like Kidd and Magic. He's an engine that needs talent around him to flourish. Lonzo is not a shooter and he's barely a scorer so take that expectation out of your vernacular. Give him the ball, put Kuz out there with him, to run when they get the opportunity.

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
yea he is a passer foremost

but lets not kid ourselves......the folks want to see him become a bucketologist

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
nah...unless he's putting up assist numbers like Stockton

This is an era of scoring guards...if you can't do 20+ ppg critics won't care about you

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
As far as Lonzo goes... It's not hype. Dude is a winner and it's more importantly how he plays than it is how he scores.

I can't ever see him dropping 30ppg or shooting like Steph but what you gonna get someone that did everything he showed in his few preaseason, what he showed in one season at UCLA (breaking the single season assist record and carrying UCLA from mediocracy)

No..Money..Mo..Problems

it is what it is
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide
I still don't understand how you could hate Lavar and more importantly hate Lonzo because of Lavar.

If they reality show hasn't shown anyone nothing is that Lavar is a great dad and they got some good kids

I don't hate lavar on lonzo im not gonna close my eyes and pretend lonzo is greatness either. His shot is seriously broken and alot of his passes are basic push the ball kind. He probably won't be a bust but I can't see him being a star in this era of guards. I think he's gonna be very similar to what Brandon Ingram is looking like right now a tall lanky player who can show bursts of nice plays but at the end of the day low on skill. That kuzma kid is the only one on the Lakers who's got good potential.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think expectations should be lowered.

A lot of guys struggle to shoot effectively early on in their careers and I think that will be the case with Lonzo.
He appears to have great court vision and I would think he will show flashes of being a good floor general, but there's a steep learning curve and the PGs he's going to face every night in the Western Conference are tough.

Even if he picks up the NBA game quickly, the long grind of the season will take its toll on him.

Juven

All Star
Daps
All the hype is caused by Lavar, maybe he knows something we don’t.

But in order for Lonzo to not be a buss (:troll:) he needs to stop deferring and take over games more often. Needs to be more aggressive. And needs to get bigger and stronger. He’s to fragile.
Hype caused by lavarr? is he a scout?

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Eventually, yes. I think he has the potential to put up a 15/8/12 line throughout the course of season fairly soon.

He will never be a scorer like many PGs today and anyone that has watched or done any type of research on him knows this. That's not his game. He's a floor general, someone that is going to push pace, run the offense and knock down open shots.