Yesterday was the first day of summer and there isn't a single summer hit

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I need to stop you right there because it's not an argument. It's not even a conversation. Factually, it's not hip-hop. Not like...."I don't like Lil Uzi Vert, he's not hip-hop"....that song is literally an entirely different genre.

It's a pop song by a guy that raps. Same as 'Hotline Bling". When "Hey Ya" came out nobody was talking about it's hip-hop. Nobody said "Crazy" by Cee-Lo was hip-hop. Come the fukk on now. I expect this kind of nonsense from these groupie ass Drake stans but the rest of you should know better.

Fred.

I find "One Dance" similar to how "Killin' Me Softly" was received. No rapping and all singing, but because it was a huge R&B/Pop record by a rap group. "Killing Me" is still more Hip Hop than the Drake song due to the "Bonita Applebum" sample though.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I find "One Dance" similar to how "Killin' Me Softly" was received. No rapping and all singing, but because it was a huge R&B/Pop record by a rap group. "Killing Me" is still more Hip Hop than the Drake song due to the "Bonita Applebum" sample though.

I feel what you're saying but the major difference is the Fugees were 100% considered a rap group and that song was off a rap album. The lead single was "Fu-Gee-La", a rap song.

Half of "Views" isn't rap, the biggest song off it was "Hotline Bling", and the 1st single was "One Dance". Drake's first #1 record of his career was "One Dance". He's firmly in the pop category now, so it's a bit disingenuous to say his pop records are hip-hop, just because he's a rapper.

Fred.

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
Dudes here really riding around in the summer sun, bumping One Dance or Controlla on full blast, with the windows down ?

It's OK to Stan to the fullest. But don't gas up some pop chick tracks and claim they run the summer.

Keep it real brehs...more importantly, keep it hiphop.

Giselle

Daps
those songs aren't hip hop dumbass
Those songs are considered hiphop/rap on the mainstream/hit (billboard).chart, which is what op asked about dumb ass. :queen:

Especially Drake's songs.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Those songs are considered hiphop/rap on the mainstream/hit (billboard).chart, which is what op asked about dumb ass. :queen:

Especially Drake's songs.

No they aren't. "One Dance" and "Work" are on the combined R&B/Rap Chart.They're nowhere on the Rap Chart.

Top Hip-Hop Songs / R&B Songs Chart | Billboard

Rap Music: Top Rap Songs Chart | Billboard

I guess Beyonce is rap too, huh? :comeon:
I swear half this board is low key retarded. How does Billboard know the difference, but people on a hip-hop message board don't? :martin:

Fred.

Giselle

Daps
No they aren't. "One Dance" and "Work" are on the combined R&B/Rap Chart.They're nowhere on the Rap Chart.

Top Hip-Hop Songs / R&B Songs Chart | Billboard

Rap Music: Top Rap Songs Chart | Billboard

I guess Beyonce is rap too, huh? :comeon:
I swear half this board is low key retarded. How does Billboard know the difference, but people on a hip-hop message board don't? :martin:

Fred.

Thankyou, you just proved my point even further. Op said hip hop, and so did everyone else including me. Once dance, needed me are on top of both the hot 100 and hip hop charts, like I said :queen:

You even provided the link as proof.

Here is op's original post.

Its officially summer and there isn't a single hiphop single thats caught on.

You know this genre is dying when there's literally no summer anthem and nothing catching on in the mainstream. :bryan:

& here is the post (that you agreed with) of the dumbass calling me a dumb ass for saying one dance and needed me were on top of the hiphop and hot 100 charts.
I guess you're a dumb ass too now. One who provided the link proving yourself wrong. :mjlol:
those songs aren't hip hop dumbass

LOL, like seriously, how do you call it rap when the link that YOU searched for and posted clearly has it under hip hop. :pachaha: & then you have the nerve to call someone a retard and dumbass.

Last edited: