Yesterday was the first day of summer and there isn't a single summer hit

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People are really offended that Drake songs are being listed in this thread. He dropped one of the biggest albums of the year and currently has one of the biggest songs of the year. That's not stanning, that's all facts. Not saying that any of that means he has song of the summer, but if you're posing that question, obviously "One Dance" is going to be in contention if we're generalizing. You could argue that it isn't Hip Hop, in which case a lot of the music that's poppin' that's categorized as Hip Hop isn't the Hip Hop that many of us came up on either. The only real answer is whatever's the most played song from yesterday (or Memorial Day, which to some is the unofficial start of Summer) thru Labor Day on whatever Summer playlist you have.

Last edited:

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
I'm not offended by the Drake mentions... I just personally don't like One Dance or Controlla so those won't be in my summer rotation.... Only Drake that I could bump this summer would be Hype.

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He right though, it's some cool lil songs but it really ain't no true turn up shyt this summer so far... This year has been light

I be outside, in the clubs and bars... That shyt be like background music
You see it. A lot of these n1kkas emotional for some reason but anyone without a bias can see its true.

There isnt a single track thats getting those party replays and is instantly recognizable. Drake came the closest but it got released too early and already sounds tired/oversaturated.

Daps
People are really offended that Drake songs are being listed in this thread. He dropped one of the biggest albums of the year and currently has one of the biggest songs of the year. That's not stanning, that's all facts. Not saying that any of that means he has song of the summer, but if you're posing that question, obviously "One Dance" is going to be in contention if we're generalizing. You could argue that it isn't Hip Hop, in which case a lot of the music that's poppin' that's categorized as Hip Hop isn't the Hip Hop that many of us came up on either. The only real answer is whatever's the most played song from yesterday (or Memorial Day, which to some is the unofficial start of Summer) thru Labor Day on whatever Summer playlist you have.
full

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Not saying that any of that means he has song of the summer, but if you're posing that question, obviously "One Dance" is going to be in contention if we're generalizing. You could argue that it isn't Hip Hop....

I need to stop you right there because it's not an argument. It's not even a conversation. Factually, it's not hip-hop. Not like...."I don't like Lil Uzi Vert, he's not hip-hop"....that song is literally an entirely different genre.

It's a pop song by a guy that raps. Same as 'Hotline Bling". When "Hey Ya" came out nobody was talking about it's hip-hop. Nobody said "Crazy" by Cee-Lo was hip-hop. Come the fukk on now. I expect this kind of nonsense from these groupie ass Drake stans but the rest of you should know better.

Fred.