Yesterday was the first day of summer and there isn't a single summer hit

IShotTheSheriff

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
we're here on a hip hop forum, with music coming out everyday, shows still selling out and the culture still influencing millions, but the genre is dead?

nah man. just a lot of access to a lot of music, fans aren't just flocking to whatever they're fed on the radio any longer.

leoc

All Star
Daps
Work and One Dance.

You man not like drake, but it is a hit. It's #1 on the charts. Work was #1 too and is still up there. Needed me is coming too. Controlla sounds like it might make it up there.

& the charts. Op and everyone else who cares about hits and mainstream knows this though. Probably just doesn't like Drake.

those songs aren't hip hop dumbass

larryshogunz

Southside...
Daps
Dudes here really riding around in the summer sun, bumping One Dance or Controlla on full blast, with the windows down ?

It's OK to Stan to the fullest. But don't gas up some pop chick tracks and claim they run the summer.

Keep it real brehs...more importantly, keep it hiphop.

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
Hold the industry to :flabbynsick: standards brehs... 'Hit summer single?' Radio play? :bryan:

'Fancy' was the *song of the summer* a few years ago... Now where is she? :jbhmm:

This is my personal song of the summer:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
f7FdEdG.jpg

If you revolve around your whole career in the club only, it kills off the impact of the hit. Back then, a smash hit like "Hot in herre" would be :gladbron: status, but now, the strip club anthem is like :ehh: now because those hits be on radio 24/7.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
One Dance will stay poppin in the clubs, and pre-parties etc.

I think that Rihanna song might start bubbling if he drops a video and gives it a push.

One Dance is #1 on Spotify, in us and globally. The Rihanna one is #3 and #7 globally.
So it might have a good chance. + Controlla i #6.

Cagny

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Italy
YG - Twist My Fingaz is the best I heard so far

But yeah, there ain't no real summer anthem yet