You Are Pregnant And The Bro Asks For DNA Tests

street heat

merchant of death
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Get the test, prove it's his, then depending upon just how pissed I am, threaten to kick his ass and/or possibly file for divorce :yeshrug:
Asking for a DNA test is basically questioning my loyalty to him and our union.

After all the shyt my husband and I have been through together, I'd take it as a personal affront, as he has absolutely no reason to question my fidelity. The fact that he is doing so means that there is a measure of distrust on his part; the fact that he distrusts me (when I've never given him a reason to) to the point of asking for a DNA test isn't something I can get over.

you need to grow up. do you understand the world we live in today ? any man would be a fool not to have paternity test. dont take it personal. every man has the right to know for a FACT the child is theirs.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
So for the sake of her feelings I should sign the most impactful piece of paperwork ever WITHOUT VERIFICATION.

It's strictly business. You heard of dudes paying for another man's kid for 18 years? Would never be me cause I'd have the DNA test framed beside my diploma.

My little brother thought he had two kids until the oldest was about 7 or 8. Fukced up part is: he woulda never fathered the kid he actually fathered if he woulda known the first kid was the next man's. You da da mean?

InDePickWest

Im Not American
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Id get one but he would pay for it financially and in other ways, like someone said, Im not having kids till Im married so if my husband doubted me, he would be biting off more than he could chew.

Desirous

Action expresses priorities
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Looking up some stats:

• It is estimated that roughly 30 to 60% of all married individuals (in the United States) will engage in infidelity at some point during their marriage. (Pretty high...up to 60%)

• Research consistently shows that 2 to 3% of all children are the product of infidelity children are unknowingly raised by men who are not their biological fathers. (2-3% is pretty low, actually)
  • Men are more likely to cheat than women. (:sas2: of course)

Ashley Banks

All I ever wanted was the world
Daps
Alright this topic came up on another Black forum i'm on and the answers were interesting......:mjpls:

If you were pregnant ... married or not ... and you told "the Father of your unborn child" ... that "yall" were expecting a baby ... and he immediately (or eventually) asked for DNA tests, proving that fact ... what would be your response?

Would you offer to pay for the tests, easing his fears and concerns?

Would you welcome him to pay for it?

Would you be happy, angry, sad, understanding, or ect.

What would be your response, and why?

You don't gotta pick those above ... they're just examples ...

Is there a "right way" for a Brother to ask for DNA tests? If so, how?

I would be mad as fukk, he would be paying for it and we'd be getting a divorce. smfh

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
all these females mad. :wow:
man Im swabbing your cheek while you asleep then. :bryantshrug:

let that test not be mine doe. and you thought you were angry.........

come home find your entire wardrobe caught on fire.

im mild tempered and hella chill, I think Ive only raised my voice to a girl a handful of times (if that) in 30 years, but thats probably one thing that would make me go full red. I would go super saiyan.

Last edited:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
If we're married, I'd take the test and kick his ass for even questioning that.

You really can beat up a man? :mjpls:

I defend all men knowing if their kids are theirs. Sad to say, distrust in infidelity in today's world resort to such means. DNA testing is needed to prevent pain from both the father and the child when he/she gets older. Imagine your seed finding out that their moms lied to their pops and their pops isn't the biological father? :damn: Then the kid will never trust their moms again.

Ms.CuriousCat

All Star
Daps
My husband asking me for a DNA test would be a shock.

I'd feel trapped, now that we're having a kid he's making me want to ask for a divorce. How can you be married to someone who doesn't trust you? Like someone else said, he's probably been cheating on you this whole time and thinks you're as dirty as he is :mjcry:

He made me a single mum and has made my kid be raised in a broken home....I would put flesh eating bacteria in the cotton swab then swab the inside of his mouth real nice....pretend nothing is wrong and start feeding him high doses of oestrogen....basically there is no way he is waking out of that seriously unscathed.

My poor baby :mjcry: I would have failed in the one thing I was supposed to do which was picking his/her father.

LimitedEdition

Misanthropy Personified
Daps
Reppin
In the south!
Alright this topic came up on another Black forum i'm on and the answers were interesting......:mjpls:

If you were pregnant ... married or not ... and you told "the Father of your unborn child" ... that "yall" were expecting a baby ... and he immediately (or eventually) asked for DNA tests, proving that fact ... what would be your response?

-that's not a problem, but only after the baby is born and you gotta pay for it

Would you offer to pay for the tests, easing his fears and concerns?

-no, at that point my money would be going towards my child and not easing some grown mans fears.

Would you welcome him to pay for it?

-YEP

Would you be happy, angry, sad, understanding, or ect.

-Id be questioning my choice in a mate and wondering why he doubts the paternity.

What would be your response, and why?

-see my first answer.

You don't gotta pick those above ... they're just examples ...

Is there a "right way" for a Brother to ask for DNA tests? If so, how?

I'd really wanna know WHY he wants the test. Maybe he had a bad past experience or something. Idk. If try not to be quick to judge but if it boiled down to him just not trusting me and trying to dodge his responsibilities Id know that I'm in for some ole bull.