Daps
Reppin
NYC

Hope

God's Grace
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Debating whether I should go to Gojira/Tessearct/Car Bomb tonight or stay in the Bronx. Want to check Venue out, but not in the mood for that kind of music. Have tickets, but don't really lie Metal shows anymore.

i hate the no re-entry rule.

Hope

God's Grace
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Yall peep the new Metallica ?
I can't listen to them. I think drumming is dull, then there was all the alcohol and Napster shyt. Heard two new tracks, sounded like nothing. their singles are great, and that's it. Always preferred Slayer and Death Angel.

Guy at record store told me to check Metallica's new shyt out, since I was buying Avenged Sevendfold (he claimed they copied Metallica on their two most recent albums), but I was only buying ASF's first two releases before they blew up. Avenged Sevenfold used to have a unqiue and heavy punk style with metallic influences, lot of thsoe songs I had on repeat in High school and college.

I stopped following them when they blew up and just mimicked everything 80's. Avenged Sevendfold's new album is highly overrated. Gave it one spin and I was bored, so I highly doubt any recent Metallica will get me moving. I don't really like 80's/90's Metal outside of Death, In Flames, Dark Tranquility, and Living Sacrifice.

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
Debating whether I should go to Gojira/Tessearct/Car Bomb tonight or stay in the Bronx. Want to check Venue out, but not in the mood for that kind of music. Have tickets, but don't really lie Metal shows anymore.

i hate the no re-entry rule.

Bribe the bouncer/doorman with a beer/liquor. That's what I do.:yeshrug: The most I had to do was buy two street cart hotdogs for under 10 bucks, passed 'em off and walked right back inside.

Xerces

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Texas
to those who like them quick death metal drums, but music thats a little more melodic and tranquil yall should peep this relatively new band The Mire. "Glass Cathedrals" is a phenomenal album. @Insensitive what kinda stuff do you like? Yall need to hop on this sludge wave brehs :wow:

a couple standout tracks:

my fave part at 4:15 and onwards below

Just checked out " the mire" album. freaking lovely

hate to sound like a newb, but is sludge stuff like Down and agents of oblivion? That stuff is cool. And You have recommended nothing but piff to me

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Just checked out " the mire" album. freaking lovely

hate to sound like a newb, but is sludge stuff like Down and agents of oblivion? That stuff is cool. And You have recommended nothing but piff to me
havent heard those two bands so i cant speak on it. but when i think of sludge though I think of slow, yelled out vocals, very loud, slow bass, "sludgy" vocals and riffs...and then very fast but potent drumming (with an emphasis on the snares). when i say sludgy think of the word itself...the riffs and vocals are often dragged out using that vibrato technique. I dont know how to describe sludge but but i know what it is when i hear it lol. Its like a cross between punk rock and grunge

hear are some examples (from the best sludge bands i know)

the neurosis example is the best one

that shyt is sludgy as fukk

Last edited:

Xerces

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Texas
havent heard those two bands so i cant speak on it. but when i think of sludge though I think of slow, yelled out vocals, very loud, slow bass, "sludgy" vocals and riffs...and then very fast but potent drumming (with an emphasis on the snares). when i say sludgy think of the word itself...the riffs and vocals are often dragged out using that vibrato technique. I dont know how to describe sludge but but i know what it is when i hear it lol. Its like a cross between punk rock and grunge

hear are some examples (from the best sludge bands i know)

the neurosis example is the best one

ok yea, I'm up on Isis and Mastodon. listening to the neurosis

Xerces

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Texas
i think Neurosis was the beginning of Sludge Metal...but thats probably some shyt i read off wiki a long time ago. Isis is Post metal which is similar

youll like these as well:

I'm Sleepy..... changed my name.... Yea i liked that cult of luna