You know it's inevitable... The Batman V Superman SPOILER Discussion Thread

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I'll begin with this. So how can he find Lois in the amount of time it takes for her to fall from a roof? Halfway around the world? Trapped under rubble in the water? Either he can or can't do this shyt but when he goes from can to can't to can in the same few hour (his time) stretch it's too much to "believe".

My main thing is: the tone was soooo wrong. Bats and Super are sooo grimdark, morose, and downright mean. I own about 12 of the animated joints and from one creative team to the next you always get that "aww shyt Superman just showed up" and it feels like the "real" Superman even though different voice actors and animation styles. This dude looked like a version of Superman, but he never taps in to that Superman "It" quality. He was like a super powered do-boy. His orders never had weight.

Batman killing dudes to steal their stuff is just wrong. Batman. Killing dudes. To steal from them. THAT IS FUKCING JOKER/LEX/PENGUIN/BRAINIAC shyt. IT'S WHAT JOE CHILL DID TO HIS PARENTS. IT IS THE "REAL" BATMAN'S CORE MISSION IN LIFE TO ***STOP*** PEOPLE FROM DOING shyt LIKE THAT. So to me it just wasn't Batman.

I was sitting there not liking the movie. It has some cool fights but I never rooted for either one. Batman cause he was trying assassinate Super - and even in the comic Bats never tried to kill Super, just show him - and Super for just being an idiot and getting beat by a guy who is basically an insect to him. Like a tiny ass fruit fly.

It occured to me that this Batman and Superman might turn around and develop their morals because of all this grimdarkery. In the comics Bats and Super were straight up murdering for the first several years at least, then they developed into "boyscouts" that made me feel a bit better.. but.. me making up my own sequels in my head doesn't count for them making a good movie. I was sitting there bored and cringing at too much of it.

I give it three mics but two for the fights alone.
Batman has been killing people in movies since Burton's first flick. Michael Keaton's Batman gave zero fukks about murdering people.

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
Just feel as DC have rushed this, we are not too invested them and the characters have not been built up enough JL should be way down the line, not being introduced in the 2nd movie of this universe.

I mean Fiege and Marvel have had a roadmap planned out for years and slowly introducing characters, thus making us invested in them.

They could have played much more on the publiic divide between humans and SuperMan, would have expected Lex to play much more of this - but I couldn't quite get his angle. One min he was doing this, next he was going down the whole creating a foe for Supes. BTW how is Lexs son in the Comics, did Jessie portray him good ?

Underwhelemd is what I would say sums up this movie.

The best scenes were all in the trailer
No surprises
They showed us the main foe in the trailer

There is literally nothing new in the film that you cannot get from the trailer, which is a shame as we been waiting a while for this.

Film companies need to take note of Star Wars trailer, as epic as they were they didnt tell us anything of the actual story.

They should have shown the JL videos at the end as a tease

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Just feel as DC have rushed this, we are not too invested them and the characters have not been built up enough JL should be way down the line, not being introduced in the 2nd movie of this universe.

I mean Fiege and Marvel have had a roadmap planned out for years and slowly introducing characters, thus making us invested in them.

They could have played much more on the publiic divide between humans and SuperMan, would have expected Lex to play much more of this - but I couldn't quite get his angle. One min he was doing this, next he was going down the whole creating a foe for Supes. BTW how is Lexs son in the Comics, did Jessie portray him good ?

Underwhelemd is what I would say sums up this movie.

The best scenes were all in the trailer
No surprises
They showed us the main foe in the trailer

There is literally nothing new in the film that you cannot get from the trailer, which is a shame as we been waiting a while for this.

Film companies need to take note of Star Wars trailer, as epic as they were they didnt tell us anything of the actual story.

They should have shown the JL videos at the end as a tease
So basically you wanted it to be just like a Marvel movie?

Daps
Reppin
NYC
my favorite part was in the beginning when lois and her team were captured by the terrorists. they are discovered, the bad guys threaten to kill them, they point their guns, and then just when you feel all hope is lost superman swoops in to save the day and rescue them. it was really great.

imagine if superman had arrived several minutes late only after everyone had been brutally gunned down and murdered. :cape:

:comeon:

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
n*gga please

you are hating for the sake of hating

god forbid dc tries something different instead of the audience being spoonfed the same bullshyt

Tried something else like rushing the film and universe
:mjlol:

Show EVERY best part from the film in the trailer

Show the main enemy in the trailer

The reason for the hearing was to make public belive SuperMan killed those guys in Africa........................................................with bullets, like this "god" would use bullets -awful

Don't be mad its a flop and underwhelming
:umad: