You know it's inevitable... The Batman V Superman SPOILER Discussion Thread

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
It's clear as day though civil war is going to body this movie. Call me a Marvel stan if you want :yeshrug:

I have no idea what went wrong. But a movie that had batman superman and ww and teased flash cyborg and aquaman THE ONLY thing im hyped about after watching this movie is the next solo batman flick.

That warehouse batman scene was the best scene of the entire movie.

DC needs to cut there losses and understand all they have working is batman and build batman around suicide squad. That can be there shared universe just gotham

Get robin up in there and just change the batman villians up every movie
they can do a smooth 5 years of that and make bank
superman ww flash cyborg these characters just aren't interesting
and doomsday looked like a budget hulk

And you cant even say "Well the characters were never interesting"
Cause marvel made A TALKING fukkING TREE AND ANTMAN
BELIVABLE AND ENTERTIANING TO WATCH

How is that even posisble but you cant make me want to see a WW movie? That dont make no damn sense

I dont know if batman is just THAT much more engaging and fun to watch that he just overshadowed every one else or if the other characters were just written wrong

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
Cause marvel made A TALKING fukkING TREE AND ANTMAN
BELIVABLE AND ENTERTIANING TO WATCH
they sure did... for simple minded nimwits who want to be spoonfed everything because their brain doesnt function right

the exact kind of children that eat that marvel drivvel up are the ones with a 5 second attention span that cant focus on anything

1 yaself b*tch

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
My review from the other thread:

Okay, I just got back from the midnight screening. The theater was only about 1/3 full. I've never went to a midnight screening before so I don't know if this is normal. Also, it was the second showing of the night. I came straight here to write up my review. No worries, I won't spoil anything. I haven't read any posts in the thread because I didn't want to get anchored. Here it goes.

I've long been an advocate of this movie. As many of you know, I worked with WB over the summer on some of the merchandise for the movie. This made me privy to certain details about the plot. But overall I had faith in the studio. You should know that I'm not a fanboy of DC or Marvel, but I do ENJOY comic book properties. The reviews had me a little concerned but I walked in optimistic because I felt there was no way they could mess up this movie.

The Good:
  • Two of the top 3 superheroes of all time are in a major movie. This should make everyone excited.
  • I really like Affleck as Batman. And Wonder Woman kicks ass as well.
  • The movie is a decent setup for future flicks.

The Bad
  • The movie is way too long. There were several times I thought to myself, "Will they just end this already?"
  • I have a hard time understanding each of the main character's motivations in this movie.
  • Jesse Eisenburg's Lex Luthor is more Joker than Luthor
  • I'm not a fan of the fight scenes AT ALL. Most of Batman's scenes seemed overly choreographed.

Other
  • This movie has a hard time balancing the seriousness of the DC universe with the humor and lightheartedness of the Marvel movies. The tone was so somber at times that when they injected humor it felt awkward and forced.

Conclusion: It's not a BAD movie but it's definitely not a good one. It's an average movie. Unfortunately for WB, this movie came out at a bad time. The bar has been set higher with original movies such as Deadpool... and as average as Age of Ultron was, it was mostly due to the fact that we had already come down from our high with the first Avengers movie. Marvel has found it's lane by making their movies entertaining while introducing the audience to new characters.

This movie was an opportunity for DC to build their superhero movie slate, using familiar and beloved characters, in a way that was refreshing to audiences. However, the movie was pretty formulaic and brought nothing new to the table. Also, Snyder and the screenwriters tried to cram too much into one movie. I couldn't help but feel that all of the protagonists stories would be better off as separate movies. Seriously, Man of Steel is better than this. Think about that.

At the end there was barely any applause and most people left the theater confused as to how to feel about the movie.

7/10

Last edited:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
No, the fukk it didn't. Superman becomes Lex' bytch because he threatens the life of Martha despite Supes constantly being able to save Lois Lane all over the world like it's nothing. Dude literally saved Lois within a couple second span only a minute before it.

Then when the fight is over he lets Batman go in to save his mom instead of him like somehow Batman would be better at doing that than he is.

:jbhmm:

:mjlol: Yeah like I said. A lot of poor writing in this movie. Most of the character motivations make zero sense.

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
they sure did... for simple minded nimwits who want to be spoonfed everything because their brain doesnt function right

the exact kind of children that eat that marvel drivvel up are the ones with a 5 second attention span that cant focus on anything

1 yaself b*tch

:what:

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Some people in here are reaching to hate tbh:stopitslime:

In this movie there are no plotholes to hate on. From that standpoint they did a pretty good job. I can't think of any huge plotholes or conveniences on the level of Thor getting back to earth in the avengers.

That being said I have to major problems with this movie. Most of them are just creative direction disagreements but first let me start with the good.

1. Wonder women. She was the best part of the movie IMO. She delivered. Crowd went wild when she showd up. Gal killed it. Made her look regal, beautiful but smart and strong.

2. The still shots. Some of the still shots were amazing. Even tho I didn't love the movie I'm finna cop hella posters :russ:

3. The future dream batman had with the flash warning. That was absolutely epic. Shows me they have something huge cooked up for the future movies. This scene only makes the movie even that much more bearable. This scene more than any other scene set up the future of the franchise:wow:
4. The batman v superman fight. Batman won again :umad:

That's the extent of what I liked. Now my negatives:to:

1. Lex Luther. That shyt wasn't lex luthor. Like I've seen written on the boards today lex was more joker/riddler than lex. Psycho genius with no real motivation. Didn't like the direction here at all. I don't blame Jessie either. The character was just written wrong. That's not the lex we know and love. Now I've been hearing he was supposed to be Lex's son.....:camby:. That's an excuse. If they wanted to go that route they should've made that point clear a long time ago. Don't sell us on lex and switch it up during the movies. Plus that's not even how Alexaunder Luther acts either so nah not buying that :camby:

2. I'm bout to step on some toes but I didn't like batman in this movie at all:sadcam:. At no point in the movie did he feel like a hero to me. Brehs out here killing people to steal there shyt :what: branding people :what:trying to kill superman because he's being played like a pawn (the bat I know is way to smart to be played like that :snoop:). Plus this batman was dumb af and his detective work was extremely lazy. When he was stealing that info in Lex's place I was like " so you just gonna walk up in there all non-discretely:snoop:". Mercy caught him dead in the act and he pulls out that wack line about being drunk and looking for the bathroom :snoop:. He's lucky they wanted him to get that info or else he would've been caught within 3 minutes. He has all the resources lex has and is supposed to be a better detective than lex but somehow lex is the one who figures out everyone's secret identities and discovers the justice league while Bruce is using his skills over the last 2 years to be lead into a trap.
In the Justice League universe Batmans biggest strength is being a tactician and a detective. In this movie he showed none of those qualities. As it stands batman will only be a burden to the league:snoop:. At least he looked cool tho lol

3. Doomsday and the last fight. Doomsday looked horrible. Just absolutely terrible. I could barely follow the fight scene. shyt was too dark. The angles and the late action cam footage was wack. Diana was putting in work tho but everything was too dark cloudy and shaky to appreciate it. All batman did was hid run and shoot that last canister. I just didn't like that fight scene at all. Too much cgi. Nothing looked good about it IMO.

4. Lois. Please just die. Thank you. Sincerely, everybody

But seriously I wanted this broad to drown so bad:pacspit:. She makes superman so wack.

5. They showed the news way too much. I've never been the dude that was gonna complain about Te flick being too dark but I think they tried to do that whole "what if superheroes were in our world" aspect too much. Like I don't even like watching the news in the real world:pachaha:. There was like 10 minutes of film dedicated to the heroes watching the news. I'll pass on watching Anderson cooper reacting to superman :beli:

5. I'm not sure if I like how they added cyborg, flash, and aquamarine. The clips were lit but it seemed a little lazy. Not a huge negative but I thought it would be a little more to there reveals.

Well that's my honest take on the movie. I'd give it a 3/5 or around a 6.5/10.

Last edited:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
that's cause he wasn't playing lex...he was alexander luthor, which is a different character in the comics...

I keep hearing this but :camby: Why introduce a character that nobody barely knows and has the same name as a character EVERYONE knows? I'm not mad they went a different angle but this "new Lex" is way too similar to the Riddler and Joker for it to be an original take.

Film companies need to take note of Star Wars trailer, as epic as they were they didnt tell us anything of the actual story.

I disagree. If anything I give this film PROPS for taking some risks. They could have made a cookie cuter movie like TFA and made bank while getting decent reviews. They took a lot of risks and it's a mess but at least they tried something different.

The reason for the hearing was to make public belive SuperMan killed those guys in Africa........................................................with bullets, like this "god" would use bullets -awful
:mjlol:

:mjlol: Yeah that was a little weak. I was like, do they really think Superman killed those folks? :why:

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
It might not have plotholes but it has EXTRMELY lazy writing.

Getting on one knee cause lex has his mom yet has no problem saving lois from point blank gun range and hear her drowning :dead:

Batman letting him go cause they mom share the same first name :dead:

The entire doomsday act :dead:

The stuff the movie does good. It's really good "batman and Alfred" but there's a lot of inconsistencies in this movies. The movie literally was just rambling for a hour straight.

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
I keep hearing this but :camby: Why introduce a character that nobody barely knows and has the same name as a character EVERYONE knows? I'm not mad they went a different angle but this "new Lex" is way too similar to the Riddler and Joker for it to be an original take.

I disagree. If anything I give this film PROPS for taking some risks. They could have made a cookie cuter movie like TFA and made bank while getting decent reviews. They took a lot of risks and it's a mess but at least they tried something different.

:mjlol: Yeah that was a little weak. I was like, do they really think Superman killed those folks? :why:

Praise a movie for flopping :mjlol:

Taking risks only gets rewarded when it works.

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London

Disagree about the trailer. The best scenes were in the trailer. Not one suprise at all in the film. You knee everything that was coming.

Yep WW will get off that flight and help

Yep Batman has Askham City style scene fighting

Yep we will see the Jason Todd suit

Could go on and on.

Only thing we didn't see was the "trailers" for flash aquaman lol ha

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Maybe they should take note and it wouldn't getting such awful reviews

Too rushed and poorly executed
Maybe, maybe not. But it also calls into question whether people are actually critiquing the movie for what it is and not hating just because it is not being done exactly like Marvel makes their movies.

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Yea BvS trailers did show EVERYTHING. Like literally there was not on surprise in this movie (Unless you count the Aquaman/Flash/Cyborg teases)

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Maybe, maybe not. But it also calls into question whether people are actually critiquing the movie for what it is and not hating just because it is not being done exactly like Marvel makes their movies.

People keep saying that and it's not the case at all.
Deadpool got legit praise
First class got legit praise

If you make a good movie you will get good reviews. It's that simple.

We gonna act like ASM2 wasn't shytted on by critics as well??

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London

I don't like any film that shows most of the film or best parts in a trailer. Hate that.