You Larry Holmes ass nikkas are ruining the Booth

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Blame the internet. Music is in the hands of the people, we're at a point in time that you don't need a label to be successful. If that means you have to go on youtube to find some dope shyt, that's fine

there actually a devoted music industry built on the discovery and promotion of new talent, and it was better that way.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Blame the internet. Music is in the hands of the people, we're at a point in time that you don't need a label to be successful. If that means you have to go on youtube to find some dope shyt, that's fine

you're acting like labels are completely irrelevant nowadays and thats not true.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yea, which is why the music business has turned to shyt. the world was a better place when i didn't have to go on a scavenger hunt to find great music and i could just turn on the radio.

the illegal downloading fukked up the game, i hate to say. i'm as guilty as anyone because i got to experience so much music i would have never heard otherwise but at the same time it killed the industry.

Most flabby post in this thread. Sad that you need to be spoon-fed music by the radio like old folks need to be spoon-fed fed apple sauce at a nursing home

Drip Bayless

Superstar
Daps
there actually a devoted music industry built on the discovery and promotion of new talent, and it was better that way.
Good for you. I like having the internet, if it means I have to look for good new artists, that's only a minor inconvenience:manny:

Drip Bayless

Superstar
Daps
you're acting like labels are completely irrelevant nowadays and thats not true.
I didn't say that, I said artists don't need a label to be successful. Anyway you said "cacs are using labels to market shytty/negative rap music," so you should be happy that artists can be successful without them today.

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
Y'all make the same threads every gotdamn day :mindblown:
How can y'all understand how to use the internet, but not understand the effects of the internet age on music? Mfs steady complaining about rap is trash, but the only things you quote to support that claim is the radio and the XXL freshman list. It's fukking 2016, everybody with a laptop can make music. If you want to find lyricists and shyt you have to do a little more than open up a magazine and expect the greatest rappers of this generation to be spoon fed to you.
Even that is a half truth, Kendrick sold 320k his first week with TPAB. Young Thug did less than 30k with Barter 6. Even Future the biggest trap rapper made less sales than Cole and Kendrick with DS2, so miss me with that, real rap isn't promoted bullshyt. Y'all wanna hear dope rappers but put forth zero effort towards finding them.

Rap ain't trash.

These new artists don't know that they tryna repeat history. (nikka study music/hip hop before you look stupid)

Half = wack.

Other half=trying.

Drip Bayless

Superstar
Daps
The ironic thing is that in the 90s a lot of you nikkas would wanna kill yourselves before stepping in front of an MPC. The dedication and scavenging it takes to find some of the greatest samples is something that can't be appreciated by you entitled dudes.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Most flabby post in this thread. Sad that you need to be spoon-fed music by the radio like old folks need to be spoon-fed fed apple sauce at a nursing home

Yea it really sucked when mainstream radio was home to the world's best and brightest musical acts. We would have all been much better off not knowing these artists existed and hopefully stumbling upon their music by chance.

Plus everyone knows that all the truly great, truly timeless music throughout history started out on some unknown youtube channel.