You're really missing out if you don't watch NJPW.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
It's like this....NJPW is a fresh breath of fresh air when you are tired of WWE's buffoonery. However, once you become "woke" you start to see that the grass is not always green on the other side. NJPW has a strong workrate because of a reasonable schedule, so of course wrestlers are going to fukk each other up for 50 minutes because reasons. The booking is somewhat similar to the WWE with the exception that it will not make you rage as much. For instance, Okada going over Omega raised some eyebrows for those who follow the promotion while outsiders that seen the 6 star match was like the Rainmaker guy won BUT HOLY shyt THAT MATCH!

Plus you got to factor in that most of the events consists of tag to triple tag matches which is understandable because it's sort of an "off" day for wrestlers, but it's still redundant. The lack of subtitles, the bullshyt subscription idea (pay period is the first of the month no matter when you pay for the service), and some of the events being predictable as hell (New Year Dash and Invasion Attack) makes it hard to enjoy the promotion.

On that note, NJPW is a good chance of the atmosphere for folks trying to see what puro wrestling is about, but beyond that....meh.

All of that may be true but the fact remains if you are a fan of wrestling you should give NJPW a shot, If not only every few months. That way you aren't close enough to see the repetitiveness and you get to see the great matches..

The booking may be "safe" but the wrestling more than makes up for it

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
All of that may be true but the fact remains if you are a fan of wrestling you should give NJPW a shot, If not only every few months. That way you aren't close enough to see the repetitiveness and you get to see the great matches..

The booking may be "safe" but the wrestling more than makes up for it

Don't get me wrong, I love the promotion and pray that they become the mecca it was in the 80s, but there's still a bit of flaws that wrestling fans need to be wary of before they allow Gedo and Jado-san to enter their lives.

Vinny Lupton

Superstar
Daps
Michael Elgn vs Naito from last week should be able to convince anyone to fucc with NJPW

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Don't get me wrong, I love the promotion and pray that they become the mecca it was in the 80s, but there's still a bit of flaws that wrestling fans need to be wary of before they allow Gedo and Jado-san to enter their lives.
Well for me I watch so infrequently I am not attached enough to any of the wrestlers to care about wins or losses and since I don't speak Japanese I can't get invested too much into the storyline. I'm only tuning in for great matches and so far after two years of it I haven't noticed the things you speak about.

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
AJ/Naka was the most overrated match to come out of NJPW. The only reason why it was on folks radar was the talent raid. The match itself was alright, but it wasn't no Naka/Kota and damn sure wasn't Tana/Okada thrice in a lifetime.

El Cocodrilo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sorry but I already need the Hyperbolic Time Chamber to keep up with all this wrestling :whew:

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
None of yall nikkas was watching them when they were there stop frontin

Ole :duck::duck: ass nikkas

Pretty sure I've seen stuff as far back as Muta, Sting, Vader, and Bam Bam, lost touch with it then started paying attention again when Tyson Tomko, Brock, and Albert/Giant Bernard were there...

Beautiful Bobby Eatin

SWEEEEEEEEEETNESS!
Daps
Reppin
Terra Belle, Georgia
None of yall nikkas was watching them when they were there stop frontin

Ole :duck::duck: ass nikkas
Again there is a thread on this stickied. Most of the brehs in here were in it. A few of those guys go as far back to SOHH. There are even jokes in the thread from three years back about how TSC will jump on the Nakamura bandwagon as soon as he goes to the states.

Apex

Banned
Daps
Again there is a thread on this stickied. Most of the brehs in here were in it. A few of those guys go as far back to SOHH. There are even jokes in the thread from three years back about how TSC will jump on the Nakamura bandwagon as soon as he goes to the states.
Good wrestling is meant to spread. You don't have to be on the bandwagon since day one.

Beautiful Bobby Eatin

SWEEEEEEEEEETNESS!
Daps
Reppin
Terra Belle, Georgia
Good wrestling is meant to spread. You don't have to be on the bandwagon since day one.
Wasnt directed at you. Its about the fact that its possible for there to be puro fans before this resurgence in the past few years. Honestly, i respect anyone who watches more than what Vince shows them