YouTube Will Be Deleting Independent Artists From Its Site In “A Matter Of Days”

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
can some one break it all the way down as to why they are doing this?

music companies are

Can someone break this down in layman's terms....I dont understand at all

Are they saying they'll be charging a flat fee and smaller labels wont be able to afford it

"YouTube has confirmed it is close to launching its music subscription service, even as it in the process of pulling down some of the biggest indie label acts in a dispute over payments.

Acts like Adele, Arctic Monkeys and Vampire Weekend, who account for up to 10% of all the music for which YouTube typically has rights to feature, are likely to be pulled down as the world’s largest video service has been unable to reach an agreement with the some of the leading independent labels, including the Beggars Group.

The crux of the dispute is that YouTube and the labels are unable to agree on royalty terms the subscription service in addition to existing terms with its free service.

YouTube executives argue that they cannot offer music on the free service without it also being available on the paid service as this would disappoint its subscribers. The solution? To take down songs that can’t be available on both services.

“We’re adding subscription-based features for music on YouTube to bring our music partners new revenue streams in addition to the hundreds of millions of dollars YouTube already generates for them each year,” said a YouTube spokesman in a statement. Google-owned YouTube is testing the service internally, but will not give a date for its launch yet. The dispute with the indies is not likely to hold up its plans, according to person familiar with the company."

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
youtube been being it it for a while, they about to go under pretty soon

KeysT

Playa from the Himalayas #ByrdGang
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
The music industry is like some monster in a horror flick with it's legs cut off and guts hanging out, crawling about desperately trying to hang on :mjlol:

Just crawl into your grave and show some dignity you fukking scumbags.

:dead:hahaha So true...I just spit out my cotdamn apple juice fukking around with you.

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Good..maybe you broke fakkits can buy the music and support the artists instead of thinking you can get everything for free in life..

Anyway.,I don't use YouTube to listen to music,,I use it as an educational tool...

:stopitslime: Don't nobody wanna buy your wack ass music anyways dumb ass nikka.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
I don't think that they are removing the normal YouTube.. It's too many kids, 3rd world people etc using it to make it a pay service. It seems like they are adding a pay function, perhaps new videos might only be available to paying costumes, certain concert streams, ultra HD and shyt like that.

I hope your reading this youtube.. just because your hot now...don't mean your gonna be hot forever... i.e. Myspace.
MySpace was only popping amongst 3% of the worlds population (us), YouTube is popping among like 80%. Ie everyone except China.

On another note let's see if they delete Macklemore shyt :leostare:

Last edited:

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
Basically YOUTUBE is being muscled by GOOGLE and MAJOR LABELS to get these indys to get down or lay down

since indys found a way to not only promote themselves but eat off of video streaming revenue via ADVERTISEMENTS and and monetize deals i.e HITS or amount of clicks on youtube channel

GOOGLE and the MAJORS Is getting gangsta

MAJORS want YOUTUBE and STREAMING SITES to basically eliminate INDYS so they can controll it like TRADITIONAL RADIO

and GOOGLE wants YOUTUBE to no longer be a FREE PROMOTIONAL SERVICE foe artists and fans

basically they are TRYING TO NETFLIX THE MUSIC