YouTube Will Be Deleting Independent Artists From Its Site In “A Matter Of Days”

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Basically YOUTUBE is being muscled by GOOGLE and MAJOR LABELS to get these indys to get down or lay down

since indys found a way to not only promote themselves but eat off of video streaming revenue via ADVERTISEMENTS and and monetize deals i.e HITS or amount of clicks on youtube channel

GOOGLE and the MAJORS Is getting gangsta

MAJORS want YOUTUBE and STREAMING SITES to basically eliminate INDYS so they can controll it like TRADITIONAL RADIO

and GOOGLE wants YOUTUBE to no longer be a FREE PROMOTIONAL SERVICE foe artists and fans

basically they are TRYING TO NETFLIX THE MUSIC
Google IS youtube though :dahell:

Anyway, can you believe youtube once upon a time was the GOAT website? Now these niccas think i'm going to pay to watch a muthafuccin music video? :dead: are they out their damn minds? :mjlol: the music video as a medium is nigh on dead now and that sh1te is practically FREE :laff:

Gentle Jones

Wonders Beyond Belief
Daps
Reppin
Prices Corner, Delaware
this won't affect anyone with under 10,000 subscribers to their youtube channel

also this is basically saying that they won't let this top 40 "indies" eat off youtube ads unless they agree to the royalties for the paid service

seems fair. most real independent artists won't even qualify for the program anyway. i am sure vampire weekend and adele are getting big checks off youtube now so why don't they want to play ball

RebelX

HEir
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
~~~
I understand ppl thinking that another website can just come along and dethrone Youtube but :whoa:

With the FCC passing laws that basically destroy Net Neutrality, it will be extremely hard to compete with a giant like Youtube

Especially since they are owned by Google :snoop:

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
Might as well place the final nail in the coffin for this site.

I've fukking hated most of the changes they've made recently anyways. NO I DON'T WANT TO USE MY REAL NAME shytHEADS!
:mindblown: breh I just went through this shyt. A nicca tryna stay anonymous when I upload some music for friends via YouTube. Muthafukkas got my government all out and shyt.

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
Good..maybe you broke fakkits can buy the music and support the artists instead of thinking you can get everything for free in life..

Anyway.,I don't use YouTube to listen to music,,I use it as an educational tool...
Why does your broke fakkit ass feel like you should get educational tools for free? You're chastising music fans while helping put Borders, Barnes and Noble and the print publishing industry out of business..

I hope an unemployed librarian snatches your chain...

:lolbron:

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
1999-2014 will be known as the glory years of the internet...mark my words.

I think there we will get anotha YouTube

Thats the thing about the internet game, there are always ways around the bullshyt. We are still eating even after albumbase, limewire, and megaupload departed

Last edited:

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Never.

Youtube is THE music discovery site and SoundCloud is gaining ground on them too.

They're making BILLIONS off ad revenue and nothing is EVER enough :snoop:

The problem is people are in paid positions to induce change that will make the site/company money. Therefore those ppl have to change things to justify their salary

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
Brehs, we really gotta fight to keep the industry's hands off of the internet. Buying off websites like youtube is one thing cuz another site will make it obsolete. But we can't let the industry gain the ability to influence how the internet itself works. :lupe:

another site will make it obsolete and google will BUY IT.. and it will happen again and again and again .......

Spenceful

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ahhh shiett. This fukin sucks man.

Your boy Spence here was seriously about to blow up. Got a hunnid tracks set to be recorded in the next couple of months and I was planning on using youtube as my marketing tool.

These commercial rappers could sense a young hungry artist taking food from their plates and putting the whole game in a chokehold so they use their labels to pull this bytch move.

Now theres no hope.

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
They're not getting rid of india artist guys. Reporters misleading information as usual.

What they're actually doing is they will allow indie artists to keep their videos, but they will not see a dime of ad revenue per view if they do not sign up for the paid streaming service.

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
They're not getting rid of india artist guys. Reporters misleading information as usual.

What they're actually doing is they will allow indie artists to keep their videos, but they will not see a dime of ad revenue per view if they do not sign up for the paid streaming service.

2007 was a special year for youtube users.

They has like every episode of any show back then

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
2007 was a special year for youtube users.

They has like every episode of any show back then

i remember those days. A nikka didn't have to go to on-demand internet services(Netflix, Hulu) to watch TV episodes. Just go to YouTube. :blessed:

fukk copywright laws.

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I think there we will get anotha YouTube

Thats the thing about the internet game, there are always ways around the bullshyt. We are still eating even after albumbase, limewire, and megaupload departed
exactly...have you checked out that new app "beats music"? It is insane the amount of music they have of all genres....and its no commercials you got to hear lkke spotify...its only free for 7 days but I decided to just go ahead and do the $9.99 monthly

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
heres the contract if u want to read it, smh

http://www.digitalmusicnews.com/permalink/2014/06/23/fk-heres-entire-youtube-contract-indies

Google is going to cut your royalties significantly if their new project goes sideways.

And that happen may very well happen:

According to Forbes, only 7% are willing to pay for the new YouTube. And that number was before consumers knew that thousands of songs will be removed now, either by Google or content owners. It could be 3% or worse today.

So you have to ask yourself:

Am I willing to stream my entire catalog — in return for little or no compensation — for at least 5 years, instead of selling my music from iTunes and everywhere else?

Bear in mind, that a new fantastic alternative to YouTube may appear in a year from now, but you and all your work will be Google’s property for four more years.

That’s a long time.

And don’t forget that you already have alternatives today: You can remove everything you have from YouTube and upload it to Vimeo or Daily Motion instead.

Both services can stream full HD, and you can embed videos from both services on FaceBook and Twitter.

A FaceBook-Vimeo combo could soon become a very powerful YouTube alternative!