Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Aye yo...

I can def see a thread title change down the line featuring this been Myles Powell.

Can someone explain to me why he wasn't drafted? Is he underrated? A sleeper?

Or really nothing special.

I need to know.

Last edited:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Aye yo...

I can def see a thread title change down the line featuring this been Myles Powell.

I need to know.

He’s older and had a pretty down shooter year because of injuries.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Aye yo...

I need to know.

Definitely a sleeper. Had he left college his Junior year, he'd probably have been drafted in the second round. That's mainly off his jumper, don't let the Senior year percentages fool you (he got an ankle injury early on and saw a dip after an efficiency concussion in December). He averaged 37% from three on 8 attempts per game if you combine his sophomore and junior seasons. That's not to mention that plenty of his takes were from well behind the three point line, he had NBA range on jumpers off the dribble and wasn't shy about it.

That said, his shot selection could leave something to be desired. He's more undersized combo guard scorer than PG and he didn't have the luxury of big scoring help. So he was the focal point of defenses and HAD to get buckets for the team to run right. The fact he averaged 20 ppg over his last three seasons is pretty wild when you consider that much.

Kid's also very solid scoring inside. He's got good touch and creativity. But he's not a standout athlete, so the inside scoring and ability to create space for his jumper are both question marks. His defense wasn't anything to write home about either. But he was a dog who won most improved big east player as a Sophomore and showed up even better as a Junior. I think he'd have benefited big time from tournament season because he was a big game type through and through.

Can he be special? I don't know. I think his ceiling tops out around bench scoring guard status unless his defense and ball handling level up a good deal. But he's got a great mentality, should benefit from NBA spacing and has already shown work ethic to improve at the collegiate level. I really like that the Knicks took a shot on him.

I got a profile for him up on the KFTV site.
https://knicksfantv.com/knicks-sign-undrafted-free-agent-myles-powell-to-exhibit-10-contract/

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
So Payton is back and Randle is still here :snoop:
So more 360 ball and Payton force feeding Randle :snoop:
shyt spacing :snoop:
I'm out

Let's wait an see how the rotation bares out fam. I don't think they brought in all these developmental staffers to push big minutes on vets. I'm cautiously optimistic that we'll see a more balanced breakdown of the minutes. I'd be fronting if I said Thibs' track record and a want to sell off some of these vets at the deadline doesn't have me concerned though.

Put it this way, I think the most fun watching the Knicks will happen post-trade deadline. But I do think that the FO left enough holes for a bunch of youth to step up and take on important roles. RJ most clearly, but the back-up SF role is pretty open too and the guard rotation has a bunch of potential combos.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Aye yo...

I need to know.

I've been waiting to see him get some minutes with us I'm hoping he can be our Iso Zo but with none of the RJ issues:mjlol::mjlol:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So Payton is back and Randle is still here :snoop:
So more 360 ball and Payton force feeding Randle :snoop:
shyt spacing :snoop:
I'm out
We don’t know that man . We got a staff that focuses on developing young player !! They may try and make randle valuable for a trade