[12/30/23] AEW Worlds End: Samoa Joe vs. MJF for the AEW World Title; Continental Classic Finals

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Cagematch turning heel on Tony after that statement he made
There's been plenty of poorly rated AEW shows on there, many dating back before TK ever talked publicly about Cagematch.

For example, All Out 2020 was the previously lowest rated PPV at 5.77, three other PPVs below a 7.
152 TV shows (which doesn't include the Dark shows) below a 7, 53 below a 6, 11 below a 5.

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps
IMG-2219.jpg

Dustin said he’s tired of the shyt talking :mjlol:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
This was definitely the weakest AEW PPV by a mile and if it wasn’t overshadowed by Jericho controversy, then it would’ve been by the shotty in ring work.

— Kris/Willow on paper should’ve been a layup, but the match was clunky, awkward and had a shyt ton of botches with both of them gassed by the end of it. Idk what happened here, but hopefully they get the chance to run it back and do better in the future.

— … Sting don’t deserve this, man. This was a filler ass match, but Sting doesn’t deserve any of what took place, man. This is likely gonna be his penultimate PPV Appearance, and because Jericho had to be on some creep shyt, he couldn’t get his spots off without the crowd booing due to Jericho’s involvement.

S/O to the crowd for not singing him to the ring and letting him off the hook. Now I hope they keep that same energy for however long he’s on TV. And #FreeRickyStarks til it’s backwards.

— Swerve/Dustin Rhodes. I remember debating someone (I think it was the Bryan Danielson account) about how Squash Matches were a necessity in Pro Wrestling for moments exactly like this. When you have a star you’re clearly trying to keep attention on, and you wanna give them something to do. There’s no reason in hell why 60YO Dustin Rhodes went hold for hold with him.

— Julia/That Demon felt like a match that should’ve been a hidden gem. But it simply wasn’t. It wasn’t BAD by any means, but it was kinda just there.

— Filler 8 Man Tag Match #2 was better than the first, if only because Jericho wasn’t here.

— Edge/Christian was exactly what the PPV needed to wake the crowd up. Obvious MOTN and for story purposes, the right man initially won. I don’t mind how everything else shook, but I hope this shyt doesn’t fall off.

— I missed Eddie/Mox (I fell asleep. I’m clearly becoming :flabbynsick: brehs. :mjcry: ), so I can’t comment.

— MJF/Joe. Right Man Won, clean as a sheet, Devil Melodrama not gonna bog down the world title scene. All I can ask for.

As for the reveal itself… The Execution was fine and it was the safest choice possible in that it made sense. But it was still incredibly bland and lacking a needed punch if the identity was a foregone conclusion. And paints a bleak picture for that particular storyline in terms of creativity going forward
Haven't watched the Jericho match..crowd is on his ass over this stuff? I guess he's no 2002 Austin after the women beating stuff..lol

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
Haven't watched the Jericho match..crowd is on his ass over this stuff? I guess he's no 2002 Austin after the women beating stuff..lol
:why: This aint 2002 idiot. This is 2023 going into 2024. People are gonna see sexual misconduct and get people out the paint.

br82186

Superstar
Daps
:why: This aint 2002 idiot. This is 2023 going into 2024. People are gonna see sexual misconduct and get people out the paint.
I think what poster is trying to say that is Jericho doesn’t have that power to get away with it like Austin did those decades ago.

You bring up the Austin allegations and Michaels rumors and folks will act like they’re deaf for that brief moment.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
At their hottest time ever they only managed to do 200K+ once, and that was for Punk's return match. 200K+ on a regular basis even when hot isn't realistic. This isn't the 1990s anymore.
Tired of yall given this dude TK and his Extreme Warfare ass booking handicaps. He can hold his own and if he can do it before it can be done at their max potential.

Boxing still doing 1 mil+ and 500k for big shows with some people that aren't exactly mainstream. 200k is not unrealistic for a hotter version of this company.

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Glad I watched the Cowboys game instead of this. Just finished it and it was pretty meh. Glad joe won though and the title is finally off of MJF.

Him

ASHTRAY BYTCH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Golden △
So MJF lost the title eh? I thought he was gonna have the title for at least another year or so.