1st Original Beat Tourney for 2017

choppybeats

Rookie
Daps
I understand where you coming from,but there's enough cats that randomly show up here that aren't participating that could vote, but they choose not too. Threads be stickied for weeks and nikkas just gloss over them.

You got nikkas making threads in here that aren't participating in these contest, that could vote.

Having this thread as a banner link on all of the forum pages would help too, but nikkas ain't trying to do all of that for us. Plus the booth mods ain't trying to sticky these threads, so their ain't much left to do.

Plus the classic OG tourney style had its flaws too. It was too many battles, some battles got overlooked, and once nikkas got eliminated cats stop caring enough to vote on those that progressed.

If the site got behind these contests and took it serious, this shyt could really bubble, but over the years this place turned into a fukkery haven that isn't interested in cultivating talent. Its sad, but thats just the way shyt is.

If we can get 25 votes for this shyt, we'll be lucky and should be grateful for that.
People entering shouldnt vote..

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Aight, I'm finna start making the new threads, so if you ain't post a beat by now, thats it.

No more submissions. So dont post any beats after this post, because that shyt will get ignored.

Thanks to all that submitted something.

ibrokemyneck

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Athens Ga
You guys ever see the Stones Throw style beat comps? they are Quick. Like Weekly comps so they are really quick... and so if you miss out or are busy af one week you aren't out of the game when it's the voting week. and tbh.... i don't really care about being 1st place, but it's a challenge and a learning experience, plus maybe gain some followers if the music is consistently dope. that being said, i would expect better overall experience with like a weekly turn around or something. winner picks theme and restrictions.

example week:

1. Every Thursday new Post with theme from winner.
2. Every Sunday Night a Submission Post/ no more entries after Sunday Midnight
3. Every Monday voting opens, Closes Tuesday Night.
4. Every Wednesday the winner could showcase in a new separate post and they have the whole day of no beat making happening and just a showcase. **

** possibly title it "here's the winning beat" for some exposure.... and for ease of searching later on if rappers trying to get the cream of the crop. PLUS it also gives some time to breathe if looking for a good topic and a little shine too
Then Thursday gotta post new theme. IF NO POST BY WINNER THEN 2nd PLACE MUST DO IT AND WINNER SHOULD BE ONE THAT NOTIFIES 2nd PLACE (like they are out of town or sick etc)

TO GO THE EXTRA, every 3 months we could put together a seasonal mix. "SPRING 2017 COLI BEAT CLASSICS" and just pick the winners and it would be a 9 track beat tape. Just saying.

I know some days I'm super productive, and others I'm better off just digging or organizing my stuff. I wasnt necessarily inspired by the horns theme so i sat out, but i have been finding more and more time lately to devote for the music.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
You guys ever see the Stones Throw style beat comps? they are Quick. Like Weekly comps so they are really quick... and so if you miss out or are busy af one week you aren't out of the game when it's the voting week. and tbh.... i don't really care about being 1st place, but it's a challenge and a learning experience, plus maybe gain some followers if the music is consistently dope. that being said, i would expect better overall experience with like a weekly turn around or something. winner picks theme and restrictions.

example week:

1. Every Thursday new Post with theme from winner.
2. Every Sunday Night a Submission Post/ no more entries after Sunday Midnight
3. Every Monday voting opens, Closes Tuesday Night.
4. Every Wednesday the winner could showcase in a new separate post and they have the whole day of no beat making happening and just a showcase. **

** possibly title it "here's the winning beat" for some exposure.... and for ease of searching later on if rappers trying to get the cream of the crop. PLUS it also gives some time to breathe if looking for a good topic and a little shine too
Then Thursday gotta post new theme. IF NO POST BY WINNER THEN 2nd PLACE MUST DO IT AND WINNER SHOULD BE ONE THAT NOTIFIES 2nd PLACE (like they are out of town or sick etc)

TO GO THE EXTRA, every 3 months we could put together a seasonal mix. "SPRING 2017 COLI BEAT CLASSICS" and just pick the winners and it would be a 9 track beat tape. Just saying.

I know some days I'm super productive, and others I'm better off just digging or organizing my stuff. I wasnt necessarily inspired by the horns theme so i sat out, but i have been finding more and more time lately to devote for the music.

Breh, Just make a new thread and explain all that shyt, tag a bunch of people and if cats are interested, you can set it up.

I'm not doing all that extra shyt. This shyt time consuming as hell already. I keep it simple and nikkas can either fukk with it or not. :manny: