[2/10/24] AEW Collision: Orange Cassidy vs. Ishii; BCC/CMLL; Mark Briscoe/Brody King, Toni Storm/Aminata, Purrazzo/Kiera Hogan

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
This match has ended up being better than I expected
Both these guys are great. But the question is what's the point? It's just a great match for a great watch's sake.

Cassidy is the Champion. Guys should be having these matches to earn a shot at him. He could be working the crowd at ringside as Trent and Pitbull have a quick match to see who faces Orange next week, the Devil's Dudes crash the match and instead of an INT Title match, we get a Trios match next week. The bad guys do bad guy shyt and get heat going into the ppv.

Wrestling is not complicated. What we just saw was mostly unnecessary. That was not main event type of match. There was nothing to sink your teeth into.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Both these guys are great. But the question is what's the point? It's just a great match for a great watch's sake.

Cassidy is the Champion. Guys should be having these matches to earn a shot at him. He could be working the crowd at ringside as Trent and Pitbull have a quick match to see who faces Orange next week, the Devil's Dudes crash the match and instead of an INT Title match, we get a Trios match next week. The bad guys do bad guy shyt and get heat going into the ppv.

Wrestling is not complicated. What we just saw was mostly unnecessary. That was not main event type of match. There was nothing to sink your teeth into.
I like wrestling for the sake of wrestling :yeshrug:

And Roddy has an international title match already booked for Revolution. Why would they book the match for 2.5 weeks before the PPV?

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
I like wrestling for the sake of wrestling

And Roddy has an international title match already booked for Revolution. Why would they book the match for 2.5 weeks before the PPV?
I love a great match too. But you get more out of good matches with heat attached. Heat can make a good match great.

And in this hypothetical 6 Man tag match, Roddy would only interact with Orange to get heat. OC would never get over on him. Then you do something post match with Wardlow. Now it's 4 on 3 in the heels favor and they get in ring heat with a beatdown of a fan favorite in Cassidy.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
:camby: WTF do you think I watch AEW for if it’s not the wrestling?
You've admitted you never watched ROH or NJPW before AEW and that you stopped watching WWE long before AEW. If you really just cared about watching for the wrestling then you wouldn't stopped watching wrestling for however long it was.

I don't know what the weird reason is why you knob slob AEW so hard but it's not for the wrestling.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
You've admitted you never watched ROH or NJPW before AEW and that you stopped watching WWE long before AEW. If you really just cared about watching for the wrestling then you wouldn't stopped watching wrestling for however long it was.

I don't know what the weird reason is why you knob slob AEW so hard but it's not for the wrestling.
Never watched ROH? The fukk are you talking about?

That’s my favorite promotion of all time. It’s the only reason why I ever got back into wrestling after I stopped watching when WWE became a monopoly. If I had never watched ROH I sure as fukk wouldn’t have ever started watching AEW.

At one point I owned somewhere around 50 ROH DVDs and dozens of other shows I had downloaded. One of my all time favorite matches is Paul London vs. Michael Shane in a Street Fight from ROH Unscripted. When I decided to sell off my ROH DVDs, that show and the first ever ROH show were the only two DVDs I kept.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Never watched ROH? The fukk are you talking about?

That’s my favorite promotion of all time. It’s the only reason why I ever got back into wrestling after I stopped watching when WWE became a monopoly. If I had never watched ROH I sure as fukk wouldn’t have ever started watching AEW.

At one point I owned somewhere around 50 ROH DVDs and dozens of other shows I had downloaded. One of my all time favorite matches is Paul London vs. Michael Shane in a Street Fight from ROH Unscripted. When I decided to sell off my ROH DVDs, that show and the first ever ROH show were the only two DVDs I kept.
Out of your own mouth (keyboard) you admitted you didn't watch wrestling for many years before AEW was formed.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Out of your own mouth (keyboard) you admitted you didn't watch wrestling for many years before AEW was formed.

Today I learned I never watched ROH. Oh silly me for making up all this stuff over the years from my posting history!

Peak ROH was the best wrestling product in America

I liked Jack Evans in his ROH days, guy peaked like a decade ago though if not earlier.

Not much in the last few years, but used to watch indies a lot, especially ROH.

Paul London vs. Michael Shane in ROH

Their street fight is arguably my #1 all-time match. When I sold off al my ROH DVDs, because I don't watch DVDs anymore, the only two I saved was The Era of Honor Begins, which was ROH's first show, and Unscripted which featured the London vs. Shane street fight

ROH is what got me back into wrestling after WCW and the real ECW folded. A friend, then manager, introduced me to it sometime between 2007-10 and I went on a DVD buying spree. If he hadn't introduced me to ROH I likely would be on like a 20-year run of not watching wrestling.

I don't really have 5 I revisit, but one below sticks out.

Paul London vs. Michael Shane Street Fight at ROH Unscripted on 9/21/02. Full match below, minus wrestler's music because of licensing. It's one of only two ROH DVDs I ended up keeping. The other DVD is the first ROH show

One of the matches that put ROH and all four wrestlers on the map. Their feud was top notch work.

I don't know if his promos ever got better than what he did in ROH because I never watched him anywhere else, but his ROH promos were horrendous. Sounded like fukking Ben Stein reading off a teleprompter.

Post-WCW to before the formation of AEW. At least for the mainstream stuff.

Watched a ton of ROH during that time period

I joined in 2016, I was either watching nothing or whatever ROH had going on.

Was that during the era when ROH was sending talent to work in TNA? I never watched TNA but learned about it watching old ROH DVDs

The Punk vs. Joe Trilogy in ROH

I was always a huge fan of the Paul London vs. Michael Shane street fight in ROH. When I got rid of my ROH DVDs the other year ago since I hadn’t watched a DVD in years, I only kept two - the first ever ROH show and the one with that match on there.

Punk and Steamboat had a nice little feud in ROH

Punk's program with SteamGOAT in ROH was good stuff

Wish Joe would have his old ROH "the champ is here" theme when he is a title holder