A B.C. study gave 50 homeless people $7,500 each. Here's what they spent it on.

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
We all know there are different kinds of homeless people.

If you gave this kind of money to folks on the streets of Bmore or Kensington there would be bodies everywhere from the overdoses.

I’m glad that a sample of non-drug using homeless were able to not buy drugs tho.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They didn't spend the money on Yeezy's??

:gucci:

A good start with a very select population.

"The study did not include people who are street-entrenched or who have serious addictions or mental health issues, Zhao noted, adding people who fit that criteria do not make up the majority of homeless people."

I'm not sure this is the case in the United States.

This study is worthless then. Everyone knows that some people just need a leg up:gucci:. People fall into a hole they cant dig themselves out of sometimes. They are not including people who just like to live a nomad lifestyle of not working, of couch surfing,and figuring it out. Sure those people would spend the money on a place to stay,a car etc. But once you stop giving them money,then what? Back to trying to figure out a way to not have to go to work.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Tldr chatgpt summary :

In the study, 50 homeless individuals were given $7,500 each. The money was spent on a variety of necessities such as housing, food, clothing, and transportation. Some participants also used the funds for personal items, savings, and debt payments. The results highlighted the diverse and practical ways in which the participants utilized the money to improve their living conditions and well-being.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
This is pretty obvious, we have a problem of people bragging on how much money they make cacs so they think homeless people are just "lazy" or drug addicted because they aren't spending most of their time making some cac money

Broke nikka babble. :mjlol:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC

If you gave this kind of money to folks on the streets of Bmore or Kensington there would be bodies everywhere from the overdoses.

I’m glad that a sample of non-drug using homeless were able to not buy drugs tho.
Right this is a bullshyt study with an agenda.

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas

Imagine thinking this study matters when it neglected a large portion of the homeless sample :dead:
“the Tobacco industry looked at health effects of a whopping 50 smokers and found that the health problems are minimal. We did not evaluate people who smoked multiple cigarettes a day”

Last edited:

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Zhao said the study did not include participants with severe levels of substance use, alcohol use or mental health symptoms, because researchers felt those groups did not reflect the majority of homeless people.

“Rather, they are largely invisible. They sleep in cars or on friends’ couches, and do not abuse substances or alcohol,” said Zhao.

The study comes as lawmakers in Canada are under mounting pressure from advocacy groups to implement a universal basic income project that would help ease a cost-of-living crisis.

In 2017, the most populous province unveiled the Ontario basic income pilot, meant to study the effects of a universal basic income on 4,000 participants. The program was subsequently shut down by the province’s Progressive Conservative party after an electoral victory, with one minister calling the guaranteed funds a “disincentive” to work.

A bill is currently before the country’s senate to require Canada’s minister of finance to examine the idea of a nationwide basic income project and report on possible benefits.

:stopitslime: I assure you that is NOT the case in NYC or LA, majority of the men who are homeless have substance abuse issues.

And since when do researchers research based on feelings??? I don't care what you feel muphuka, we need the actual data.

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
:stopitslime: I assure you that is NOT the case in NYC or LA, majority of the men who are homeless have substance abuse issues.

And since when do researchers research based on feelings??? I don't care what you feel muphuka, we need the actual data.
When you know the results would be vastly different you omit or alter the control