A B.C. study gave 50 homeless people $7,500 each. Here's what they spent it on.

Daps
You give an homeless alcoholic/drug addiction money they spending on drug and alcohol, the homeless that lost they homes or homeless that's not on drugs and alcohol, def not gonna spend it ok drug and alcohol, what kind of obvious study is this. How much of a grant did this doctor get? :what:

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
The study did not include people who are street-entrenched or who have serious addictions or mental health issues
I'm glad those in the study got the $7,500 but what a pointless experiment.

"Look, we gave otherwise healthy individuals who just happened to fall on hard times money and they spend it right!"

:comeon:

bnew

Veteran
Daps
You give an homeless alcoholic/drug addiction money they spending on drug and alcohol, the homeless that lost they homes or homeless that's not on drugs and alcohol, def not gonna spend it ok drug and alcohol, what kind of obvious study is this. How much of a grant did this doctor get? :what:

glad it's obvious to you but studies come before policy and hopefully good policy can be made after reviewing studies like this.

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
I'm glad those in the study got the $7,500 but what a pointless experiment.

"Look, we gave otherwise healthy individuals who just happened to fall on hard times money and they spend it right!"

:comeon:
lol basically how i feel. What does "street-entrenched" mean? Homeless people that love the game??

I am completely in favor of cash transfers to people who can't afford a place to stay but this idea of "undercutting the stereotype" is nonsense. The stereotype is drug addicted and mentally ill...