A MAJORITY of Single Women in America Are Not Looking For Marriage, A Committed Relationship, or Casual Sex. They're Just Not Interested. (STUDY)

Theraflu

Newly-wed :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Power
As more Americans turn to online dating and the #MeToo movement leaves its imprint on the dating scene, nearly half of U.S. adults – and a majority of women – say that dating has become harder in the last 10 years.

Among those who are on the dating market – the 15% of American adults who are single and looking for a committed relationship or casual dates – most say they are dissatisfied with their dating lives and that it has been difficult to find people to date, according to a Pew Research Center survey conducted in October 2019.1

While single-and-looking men and women report equal levels of dissatisfaction with their dating lives and the ease of finding people to date, women are more likely to say they have had some particularly negative experiences. Most women who are currently single and looking to date (65%) say they have experienced at least one of six harassing behaviors asked about in the survey from someone they were dating or had been on a date with, such as being touched in a way that made them uncomfortable or rumors being spread about their sexual history. This compares with 50% of men who are single and looking. The pattern holds when looking at all women and men, whether they are currently on the dating market or not.

Women are also more likely to see risk – both physical and emotional – when it comes to dating. When those who say dating has become harder for most people in the last 10 years are asked to describe in their own words why they think this is the case, women are twice as likely as men to cite increased risk. For their part, men are more likely than women to say technology is a reason dating has gotten harder. Overall, 47% of Americans say dating is now harder than it was 10 years ago, while 19% say it’s easier and 33% say it’s about the same.

Singles who are looking for a relationship are generally open to dating people with many different traits and from a variety of backgrounds. For example, large majorities say they would consider a relationship with someone of a different religion or different race or ethnicity than them. Most also say they would seriously date someone who makes significantly more or significantly less money than them. When it comes to being in a relationship with someone who lives far away, has a significant amount of debt, or who voted for Donald Trump, however, many of those who are looking for a relationship would hesitate.

The nationally representative survey of 4,860 U.S. adults was conducted online Oct. 16-28, 2019 – before the coronavirus pandemic shook the dating landscape – using Pew Research Center’s American Trends Panel.2

Single women and men give different reasons for difficulty finding people to date

Daters who had difficulty finding people to date in the past year were asked about some of the possible reasons that might be the case. Among these daters, the most common explanations include the challenge of finding someone who is looking for the same type of relationship (53% say this is a major reason), difficulty in approaching people (46%) and trouble finding someone who meets their expectations (43%).

There are large differences by gender on this topic. Single-and-looking women are far more likely than single-and-looking men to say that trouble finding someone who was looking for the same kind of relationship or who meets their expectations are major reasons they’ve had difficulty. In turn, men are much more likely than women to say difficulty approaching people is a major reason.

Half of single adults – and a majority of single women – are not on the dating market

Fully half of single adults say they are not currently looking for a relationship or dates. Among those who are on the dating market, about half are open to either a committed relationship or casual dates.

Single men are far more likely than single women to be looking for a relationship or dates – 61% vs. 38%. This gender gap is especially apparent among older singles.

Among singles who are not looking to date, having more important priorities right now and just enjoying the single life are among the most common reasons cited. Non-daters younger than age 50 are particularly likely to say they have more important priorities at the moment.

Joe Budden

Banned
Daps
I kept telling brehs those days of shaming women into marriage are over. They don’t care anymore because they have independence and plenty of options.

Attempting to go back to traditional values was a stupid mission and will only leave a lot of you upset and jaded.

Adjust to the current market and shifting culture. TLR supposed to be HOH and GMB right? Or was that just a front?

:mjpls:

JasoRockStar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Charleston, SC
PSDT_08.19.20_dating.relationships-013.png

It's actually not younger women driving this either. It's mostly 40+ women and most of them are the geriatric populations.

Last edited:

Ashley Banks

All I ever wanted was the world
Daps
I know a lot of women that feel like this. A lot of them just feel hopeless about finding a long term partner that isn’t a cheater, abusive, crazy etc they’d rather just be alone then thinking they found the one and end up years down the line finding out they really have a dud. Plus the internet and having access to all these stories of women getting done dirty left and right, who would seek that out on purpose?

When I was single I absolutely was not looking at all, most of my dates came from guys asking me out multiple times and I finally just go hoping they end up not liking me and leave me alone. I ended up liking my husband a lot and falling in love with him but who knows how this could end, that’s always a fear of mine, you could be a great spouse and a lot of the time people just don’t care and do you wrong anyways.

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Monogamy is over, it served it purpose in terms of revenue collection in various forms and the world is heading toward sex with robots instead. Sadly that mirrors the complete and total disconnect most people have from their own humanity and thus each other as well but they refuse to/can't see it due to fried pleasure centers as intended and various forms of programming via the media.