A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
Just like with SOHH we can discuss up to the end of ADWD and the progress of the show.

A difference I've noticed in the show that is pretty important for Bran's character is the absence of Jojen and Meera Reed. I didn't particularly enjoy any of Bran's chapters until they made it beyond the wall but it's still kinda glaring.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
Just like with SOHH we can discuss up to the end of ADWD and the progress of the show.

A difference I've noticed in the show that is pretty important for Bran's character is the absence of Jojen and Meera Reed. I didn't particularly enjoy any of Bran's chapters until they made it beyond the wall but it's still kinda glaring.
I thought they hadn't come to that part yet. Could be wrong, but there's certainly still time to introduce them.

Something I think the show didn't handle nearly as well as the book was Arya's choices for Jaqen to kill. In the book it was pretty obvious why she had the people killed that she did. They were immediate threats to her safety and survival and didn't really feel as shortsighted as they do on the show. The show didn't do a good enough job of establishing that, so everybody is left wondering why she didn't just pick Tywin or Joffrey, or somebody like that initially.

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
I thought they hadn't come to that part yet. Could be wrong, but there's certainly still time to introduce them.

Something I think the show didn't handle nearly as well as the book was Arya's choices for Jaqen to kill. In the book it was pretty obvious why she had the people killed that she did. They were immediate threats to her safety and survival and didn't really feel as shortsighted as they do on the show. The show didn't do a good enough job of establishing that, so everybody is left wondering why she didn't just pick Tywin or Joffrey, or somebody like that initially.

Yea I guess there is still time. I don't think Arya had the Tickler killed just yet either.

2gunsup

Satsui No Hado
Daps
Reppin
Popozudas
Code:
[URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?chsmqnq157abnwq"]Game of Thrones - A Song of Fire and Ice  Full Series George R R  Martin-eBook[/URL]

The complete series in epub, mobi and pdf formats.

Code:
[URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?a1hb3wdmp1kdytb"]George.R.R.Martins.A.Game.Of.Thrones.Vol.1.No.1.Sep.2011.Comic.eBook[/URL]

Comic in PDF format.

Password: coli

:eat: brehs.

PYRRHUS 88

Shredder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Realistic Coop Replica
I don't think the show is that great. I like seeing the locations from the books portrayed visually (my imaginations versions of Qarth and The Fist of the First Men were lame as fukk compared to what we saw in the show. Then again, I imagined the tourney in A Game Of Thrones as an epic spectacle, in the show it was village fair status :flabbynsick:) but they're skipping over so much detail that the TV show seems like the cliffnotes to a great story rather than a great story on its own.

The women they're casting aren't as good looking as the characters are described in the books either, other than Dany. Catelyn is supposed to be milf status, ffs. If they don't cast a 9/10 or better broad to play Arianne Martel it'll be a travesty. fukk a "good actress" and all that shyte. Arianne better be hot as fukk.

PYRRHUS 88

Shredder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Realistic Coop Replica
anybody have a link to ADWD audiobook? shyt harder to find than a mufukka

Don't bother with it unless you don't remember what the characters sounded like in the previous audiobooks. Guy who reads them is like 120 years old at this point and seriously :flabbynsick:. He fukks all the voices up in this book, has Dany talking with an Irish accent sounding exacltly like Ygritte did. shyt was unlistenable to me.