A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't bother with it unless you don't remember what the characters sounded like in the previous audiobooks. Guy who reads them is like 120 years old at this point and seriously :flabbynsick:. He fukks all the voices up in this book, has Dany talking with an Irish accent sounding exacltly like Ygritte did. shyt was unlistenable to me.

yea I read the reviews, but its gotta be better than that nikka who did book 4 :sadcam: and I made it thru that somehow. I just don't have the free time to read it tho, more convenient to just listen while Im at work

PYRRHUS 88

Shredder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Realistic Coop Replica
yea I read the reviews, but its gotta be better than that nikka who did book 4 :sadcam: and I made it thru that somehow. I just don't have the free time to read it tho, more convenient to just listen while Im at work

lol i feel you. if you made it thru that then ADWD will be ez game.

I woulda uploaded that shyt for you but I can't find it on my HD, musta deleted it :sadcam: sorry breh

Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol i feel you. if you made it thru that then ADWD will be ez game.

I woulda uploaded that shyt for you but I can't find it on my HD, musta deleted it :sadcam: sorry breh

its all good. Somebody will come thru. I have 100% faith in my Coli brehs :smugfavre:

Skilltastrophy

Mizzou Mafia
Daps
I actually think the show has done a ridiculously good job translating the books into an enjoyable, digestable television show

I mean...to include EVERYTHING the pace of the show would have slow waaaaay down...and they could only get about 1/3 of a book into a season if we want every event to go down exactly in the same manner as the books...it's just not feasible

I agree on some of the women not looking the way they were described in terms of beauty...but I also would rather they cast actresses that can actually act instead of just eye candy...and so far I think most of the actresses have played their roles very well.

In fact, in some cases their casting has enhanced my enjoyment of characters...in the books I didn't care about Renly at all...his death to me was just another death and necessary...I thought his character rather boring...but the actor who played Renly on the show was killing me with his goofiness and non-chalantness in the face of the war...even though I knew he was going down, I was hoping the writers would throw a change-up because I liked his character on the show.

colicolicoli

Droid Gang
Daps
Reppin
LBC
Ramsay won't be in this season either. A few people on the Westeros boards were speculating that the show would end at the Red Wedding.

There would be riots all over the world if that happened.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
Ramsay won't be in this season either. A few people on the Westeros boards were speculating that the show would end at the Red Wedding.

There would be riots all over the world if that happened.
They're trying to do the red wedding this season? That's pretty ambitious of them. It seems like that would be a bit rushed unless they change the timeline. People would go nuts though if that's how they ended it. On a sidenote a often find it hilarious to see people's different predictions of what's going to happen to characters and storylines on the show. Interesting to see how they'll handle the face turn of Jamie, Tywins death, Cersei's fall, and Bran and Rickon's 'death'.

Saka

Pro
Daps
brehs yall know anywhere online i could find this piff..im tryina start from where season 2 begins

colicolicoli

Droid Gang
Daps
Reppin
LBC
They're trying to do the red wedding this season? That's pretty ambitious of them. It seems like that would be a bit rushed unless they change the timeline. People would go nuts though if that's how they ended it. On a sidenote a often find it hilarious to see people's different predictions of what's going to happen to characters and storylines on the show. Interesting to see how they'll handle the face turn of Jamie, Tywins death, Cersei's fall, and Bran and Rickon's 'death'.

No I mean ending the SERIES on the Red Wedding. I guess people are thinking this because Jojen/Meera/Ramsay doesn't become important until ADWD and they aren't going to be introduced this season. So they're wondering if the reason all these characters who don't become essential until later aren't being introduced is b/c they aren't planning to go past ASOS.

MF DRUGS

Rookie
Daps
Just like with SOHH we can discuss up to the end of ADWD and the progress of the show.

A difference I've noticed in the show that is pretty important for Bran's character is the absence of Jojen and Meera Reed. I didn't particularly enjoy any of Bran's chapters until they made it beyond the wall but it's still kinda glaring.

If they want to make bran the greenseer and not not Jojen to add more depth to him I don't have a problem w/ it but they can't have him go beyond the wall without them.

MF DRUGS

Rookie
Daps
No I mean ending the SERIES on the Red Wedding. I guess people are thinking this because Jojen/Meera/Ramsay doesn't become important until ADWD and they aren't going to be introduced this season. So they're wondering if the reason all these characters who don't become essential until later aren't being introduced is b/c they aren't planning to go past ASOS.

They can't end it on the red wedding to many seasons (money) ahead not to go beyond it. How many years past between books 1 and 3? the people who only watch the show won't miss any characters not introduced cause they nothing about them. Too much of a cliffhanger to leave it on that

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
They can't end it on the red wedding to many seasons (money) ahead not to go beyond it. How many years past between books 1 and 3? the people who only watch the show won't miss any characters not introduced cause they nothing about them. Too much of a cliffhanger to leave it on that
Don't beleive there are years passed in the whole series so far, and the first 3 books take place in a few months, I believe.

MF DRUGS

Rookie
Daps
Don't beleive there are years passed in the whole series so far, and the first 3 books take place in a few months, I believe.

Sorry I meant between when book one and book three was
Published. They shouldn't End the series after 2 seasons because some characters won't be seen till maybe season 4. the story is too good to be done after two seasons

Roger Sterling

Senior Alias
Daps
Sorry I meant between when book one and book three was
Published. They shouldn't End the series after 2 seasons because some characters won't be seen till maybe season 4. the story is too good to be done after two seasons

Already renewed for a third season.