Religion/Spirituality A Very Positive Thread About Islam.....

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
For some reason the only reason any religion is brought up is to diss it.... I say y talk about it if it's not affecting u and you are simply going to make ignorant generalizations.

Point 2 is... if u have an issue with a social political issue that is influenced by a religion then .... What r u doing to help change it?

We Need a Positive Thread about Islam, Islamic History, and important figures who were Muslim.

And the reason we need this is because we have science and political threads with 1 or Zero stars,,, but an ignorant thread on Islam gets 5 stars every time...
That really says a lot about the sub forum.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
from wiki -

Islam began in Arabia and from 633AD until the late 10th century it was spread after Arab armies began overtaking Christian lands from Syria to North Africa and Spain

So from what I've read they made deals with Christian leadership. Idk y people think that they were converting atheist and animal worshipers n shyt. For the Most part is was people who were already Forced converted to Christianity!

And speaking on Forced conversions..

Most of the forced conversions usually didn't happen with north africa and arabia.... it happened in the Buddist Lands and Hindu lands in south east Asia ---- BUT only when those groups wanted to go to war. It's just what happens.

BUT

By 2030 - THERE WILL BE 8 BILLION Muslims in the world...
IT IS the fastest growing religion. This makes some people upset, but if we know that over 98% of these people will be peaceful.. then Y is this a horrible thing??

Let's see what some experts say:

John L. Esposito, a scholar on the subject of Islam in "The Oxford History of Islam" states that the spread of Islam "was often peaceful and sometimes even received favourably by Christians

Conference on religion at Yale University's The MacMillan Center Initiative on Religion, Politics, and Society which hosted a speech from Hugh Kennedy, he stated forced conversions played little part in the history of the spread of the faith

80% of Muslims live outside the Arab World.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
You all are American. Islam is 1% in America... yet strangely Americas hate on Islam as good as anyone. The hate comes from America because in remote villages or lands that are fukked up due to war - there are some crazy Islam rules... But strangely enough Muslim American donate and travel to help those areas more than all the haters. I've witness 600k come out of a Mosque. if a bum nikka like me gives at least 20K per year .... because per religion its a duty and per being a human - It's always better to do whatever u can to help - THAN TO HATE. We know y certain areas are messed up culturally.

Speaking on America....

The First Muslims in America probably come from American slaves..... I'm not sure when Muslims would have arrived sooner.

Islam was stringently suppressed on plantations - This is a fact back by Every Single Source on the subject. If you are a Muslim you should know y, if ur not a Muslim then use common sense... look at the world's history, from Moors in Spain, to mid east during the 80's and 2000's , to Western troops fighting in Islamic areas in Africa....

Some historians have written theories that the first Muslims landed in, or visited the territory long before Christopher Columbus in 1492

We at least know that all the African Muslim Lands were the ones building ships and fleets long before Europeans..... we know they traded and sent thousands of people to Asia. All the theories on them coming to America are still to be verified.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Former slaves who were popping shyt during the Battle of Bunker hill where black Muslims.

This guy wasn't black, but the first world leader to recognize America was the leader of a Morocco.

In 1776, John Adams published "Thoughts on Government," in which he praises the Islamic prophet Muhammad as a "sober inquirer after truth" alongside Confucius, Zoroaster, Socrates, and other thinkers. also later declaring the United States had no "character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity, of Muslims.

Thomas Jefferson defended religious freedom in America including those of Muslims. Jefferson explicitly mentioned Muslims when writing about the movement for religious freedom in Virginia.

This is for historical purposed... I'm not endorsing the character of random white leaders of America..... ijs.

Anti-Federalists in the 1788 North Carolina ratifying convention opposed the new constitution; one reason was the fear that some day Catholics or Muslims might be elected president.:lupe:

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
By 1800, some 500,000 Africans arrived in what became the United States. Historians estimate that between 15 to 30 percent of all enslaved African men, and less than 15 percent of the enslaved African women, were Muslims. These enslaved Muslims stood out from their compatriots because of their "resistance, determination and education"

Historical records indicate many enslaved Muslims conversed in the Arabic language.
Some even composed literature (such as autobiographies) and commentaries on the Quran.[48] Some newly arrived Muslim slaves assembled for communal salat (prayers). Some were provided a private praying area by their owner. The two best documented Muslim slaves were Ayuba Suleiman Diallo and Omar Ibn Said. Suleiman was brought to America in 1731 and returned to Africa in 1734.[45] Like many Muslim slaves, he often encountered impediments when attempting to perform religious rituals and was eventually allotted a private location for prayer by his master.:lupe:

Omar converted to Christianity in 1820, an episode widely used throughout the South to "prove" the benevolence of slavery. However, some scholars believe he continued to be a practicing Muslim, based on dedications to Muhammad written in his Bible IDK if this is a salute or a sad snoop.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Louis Farrakhan. I don't 100% agree with his religious views... but that's even y he's important.

He's important because he's from people like Drew Ali and like 10 other guys who decided to go against the grain of black c00nery and state the facts about y Africans were not inferior, as the world would have you believe.

These guys were important because they fought the mental battle against inferiority against all odds.... These days it's easy to look back and not appreciate it....... but it was significant.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
nas.jpg

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
That pic is of a man named Nas. one of my sons name is nasir... i guess his mom chose it because of the meaning.... my peps were like his combination of name will have his resumes rejected and put on the terror watch list as an adult. my man's n dem are all engineers, 1 is in last year of med school... there names r like his name, so I think he will be fine.

I chose him because he's just one of the people that helped develop urban conscious thought in America. It's not without flaw.... but there have been conscious movements, alternative hip hop, backpacker movements, and other movements - THAT at the very least got people out their box and allowed them to explore and research a few things that people in their social economic circumstance may have not been motivated to look for.....

Clarence x did his part because of the 5% movements. Again... lol, not without flaw. But the importance can't be overstated. It became cool again (like it was briefly in the 20's, 60's, ) to be put up on shyt and to seek a path to knowledge... Creating some smart people and some smartdumb people..... But better people nonetheless.

These random movements also helped fuel the afrocentric and re-surge the pro black movements..

I shouldn't have to get into Chuck D and public enemies support of Islam's movements..... or why spin off movements opened up a generation to seeing American hypocrisy from a different angle.

The best Critiques of Religion in general came from groups like Arrested Development..... but even those groups supported the positive movements.

three videos that combine all this shyt is...

Last edited:

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
How can you generalize and hate on Islam with Music Soulchild is one???

His 'Love' Lyrics are deep as fukk and most people simply didn't even get the shyt:snoop:

Mashallah, and because he's speaking on the universe. And really he sums up everything u need to know in 1 freakin song.... those lyrics:wow:

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Never have I witnessed such sincere hospitality and the overwhelming spirit of true brotherhood as is practiced by people of all colors and races here in this ancient Holy Land, the House of Abraham, Muhammad, and all the other Prophets of the Holy Scriptures. For the past week, I have been utterly speechless and spellbound by the graciousness I see displayed all around me by people of all colors. . . .
You may be shocked by these words coming from me. But on this pilgrimage, what I have seen, and experienced, has forced me to
rearrange much of my thought-patterns previously held, and to toss aside some of my previous conclusions. This was not too difficult for me. Despite my firm convictions, I have always been a man who tries to face facts, and to accept the reality of life as new experience and new knowledge unfolds it. I have always kept an open mind, which necessary to the flexibility that must go hand in hand with every form of intelligent search for truth.
During the past eleven days here in the Muslim world, I have eaten from the same plate, drunk from the same glass, and slept in the same bed (or on the same rug) -- while praying to the same God -- with fellow Muslims, whose eyes were the bluest of blue, whose hair was the blondest of blond, and whose skin was the whitest of white. And in the words and in the actions and in the deeds of the "white" Muslims, I felt the same sincerity that I felt among the black African Muslims of Nigeria, Sudan, and Ghana.

:wow: Obviously, I might not word it as well as Malcolm X, but I completely agree. So I went to the pilgrimage. It was just like I expected.
I don't have a main Mosque... I do a combo of a arab one during the week, NOI on sunday (rarely), Multi Cultural more of a teaching one on Fridays, and a few others whenever. I also go to Church at least once a month and dabble and a few other things... the other things may or may not be slightly demonic (idk) so i wont address them.......

But most important is the multi cultural Mosque.
1. They critique Islam hard... all the time... for the flaws of certain cutlures who 'claim' to practice Islam..... but do not follow the Quran and are not pious and peaceful.
2. I be on that charity shyt hard. My #1 fear in the world is to die and not have done as much as I could to advance the world and make it better. so i only save money for my kids, other than that I pay bills and then do charity shyt.... Why In the fukk would u ever wanna risk dying with a bunch of worthless money in ur account???? people speak on legacy -Legacy is what u gave to the world... and ur kids don't need ur money. They need the ability to create their own futures to open businesses and to gain knowledge that no body can take away.
3. They speak random languages.. and they will teach you if u ask. IF ur a broke nikka they will break u off, if u need a job they will help, if u wanna rent ur home they will help, etc. Everyone looks out for their Muslim Brothers.
4. It's sorta a blue print for what i think black Americas can do separately. Me n my peps have adopted children. I have my own kids and still adopted. IDK y our communities aren't focued on the youth or education...... but just yesterday... The speaker was speaking on the joint he started in US , Bangladesh, and Africa. He says the main goal of u raising kids should be to get them to be a STEM professional or Doctor or some type of leader. Question was, Y not have the poor and forgotten kids become the leaders, because they obviously might have a better understand and provide better leadership.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Anyway...... There are some messed up cultures that influence Islam.. like in Egypt those so called muslim who don't follow the Quran wanna knock down the pyramids n shyt... that Their people didn't even build. In India some Muslim have taken on some of that culture and be on the gang rape and related things type behavior. In the West Muslims usually also do whatever is "hot on the streets" because culture and the way u grow up is always gonna be > anything else....

But, Only ignorant fools believe that some idea or concept can stifle human advancement... The leaps we've made due to Christian and Islamic inventors, philosophers, scientist, and engineers is > anything else.

If you let higher learning (laughable) tell it it was atheist that created NASA, developed math, brought man into modern times, developed language, invented everything we take for granted in our every day lives. SMH.
The framework of Islamic thought represents a comprehensive view of life and the universe. A Muslim is therefore required to acquire both religious and worldly knowledge. In fact, Islam advocated knowledge at a time when the whole world was engulfed in ignorance. In a matter of years the early generation of Muslims became a learned and refined people, for Islam had awakened in them the faculty of intellect. Those early Muslims understood from the teachings of their religion that useful knowledge is necessary for the benefit of the self and of humanity. Hence, they pursued it to such a degree that they surpassed other nations in development and productivity and carried the torch of civilization for many centuries.
Muslim history abounds with examples of scientific and cultural ingenuity. Muslims inherited the knowledge of the nations that came before them, developed it and placed it in the context of a precise moral framework. Muslim scholarship made a vital contribution to the enrichment and advancement of human civilization.
Similarly, Islam does not now oppose any modern inventions that are beneficial to mankind. It is sufficient that they be used in the name of God and for His cause. In reality, machines, instruments and devices have no religion or homeland. They can be used for either good or bad objectives, and the way they are used can affect much of the earth's population. Even something so simple as a glass can be filled either with a nourishing drink or with a poison. Television can provide education or immorality. It is up to the user to decide, and a Muslim is commanded to make good use of all the means at his disposal while being prohibited from causing harm to himself or others. Failure to use the proper means toward benefit is, in effect, a deprecation of Islamic teachings.