Religion/Spirituality A Very Positive Thread About Islam.....

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I appreciate the knowledge you are dropping here. While I do think that Islam needs to update itself in a lot of ways, it's impact on history can't be ignored or overlooked. I will say that for a forum that promotes Higher Learning and the seeking of knowledge, the rampant Islamophobia on here is quite disturbing, not saying that people have to love or that the critiques aren't valid, but I have never heard people give each other props for regicide or genocide of Muslim, which is doubly odd because a great many of our ancestors from the mother land were Muslims and some of our most accomplished historical figures (Malcom X, Mansa Musa, Muhammed Ali), musicians and our longest lasting empires in Africa were Islamic.
People pick, chose, separate and chop up history to fit their view........... You can't only look at the bad of everything or the good of everything.

For some reason people would rather miss out on knowledge than to acknowledge certain things.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
It well documented that Arab Muslims have treated blacks worst in history than whites...therefore you cannot be all against white supremacy while not hating Arabs at the same time.

The reeks of hypocrisy in the highest order.
Idk about ' worse than whites..'

I'm also not sure y u are always defending white slave traders and downplaying the mental affects that had on black's in the Americas.

What I do know is - that there isn't a group of people you should hate for the sake of hating... That only ends up hurting u in the end.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
At the very least..............

maybe some of u can just look at what i wrote..... Islam doesn't really have a stolid evangelical branch like other belief systems so it's just informational.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
:lupe: If Islam isn't based on race, background, class, or ethnicity then what does it take?

p_intshim.gif
what0.gif

blank.gif

Basic Tenets of the Islamic Faith

There are five fundamental practices that are generally common to Muslims worldwide. These are commonly known as the Five Pillars of Islam. They include:

Declaration of Faith - This is what people say to become Muslim, and it is repeated during prayer, in the call to prayer, and at other times during the day. This declaration of faith, called the shahada,states, "There is no god but God and Muhammad is his messenger."

Prayer - Muslims are supposed to make five daily ritual prayers -- one at dawn, one at noon, another in the afternoon, at sunset, and before bed. These prayers may be performed alone or in a group. Friday is the Muslim Sabbath, so people may gather in a mosque for the noon prayer. This is called juma'a.

Giving charity - Muslims are required to give of their bounty to those who have less. This is called zakat, which literally mean "purification." It is a tax of 2.5% of one's annual savings.

Fasting during the month of Ramadan- Ramadan is the ninth month of the Islamic calendar. Muslims fast from dawn until dusk. They abstain from food, water, sex, cigarettes, gossip, anger, backbiting, and other negative behaviors. The fast is designed to encourage self-discipline and sympathy. Ramadan is the month when the first revelation was given to the prophet.

Pilgrimage, or hajj - If they are financially and physically able, Muslims are required to make a pilgrimage, or hajj, to Mecca once during their lives. Mecca is in Saudi Arabia, and is the site of the Kaaba, the building Muslims believe was the first house of worship dedicated to the one God. Several rituals are performed during hajj: circling the Kaaba; running between the hills of Safa and Marwa (echoing Hagar's search for water for her son, Ishmael); traveling to the plain of Arafat, outside of Mecca; and throwing stones at pillars that symbolize the devil.

blank.gif

Basic Beliefs of the Islamic Faith

Muslims share certain beliefs, including:

The oneness of God (Allah) - For Muslims, there is no entity worthy of worship but Allah. Allah has no partners, no progeny and no gender.

Belief in God's prophets - Muslims believe that Allah's message was given to numerous prophets, including Noah, Abraham, Moses, Elijah, and Jesus, and other prophets common to Christianity and Judaism, as well as Muhammad. Muslims believe that Muhammad is the last prophet, in part because he had the most success instituting God's word in his lifetime.

Belief in angels - Muslims believe in spiritual beings who do the will of God.

Belief in sacred books - These include the Torah, the Psalms, the Gospel, and the Quran.

The day of judgment and resurrection - Muslims believe that human beings are accountable for their behavior during their lifetimes. At death, that behavior is part of what determines how the person will be judged.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
So to break it down:
Prayer is like meditation because it's not just some regular ass prayer... there is a way to do it and there's a lot of it.

Charity - To the Poor and Especially Children - you are required to do a % , but your really not a human if u aren't doing more. Plus some Muslims are very successful so it's a way to ensure that everyone can be on a more even playing field.

Books
- You can't just read these you need to know them, Religion aside they provide maddddddd gems, Torah, Bibile, PSALMS, Quran (you have to keep the religion books in perspective) Anything on history or religion is encouraged. Technology and engineering topics are encouraged but only w certain groups.

Fasting - you don't only have to do it during R. Also over all eating is important. Ideally you eat as healthy as you can afford............ BUT all rules and Everything else goes out the window, if u or your children are about to starve.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
heres a serious question

if islam began in 633, then what the fukk was going on before that? were all the people who came before islam doomed because they werent aware of allah?

its shyt like that that makes me :mindblown: that people STILL dont accept that religions are cultural belief systems, and thats fine. but they arent fukkING REAL.
No ideas original... most knowledge is based on other knowledge.

Islam isn't a doom religion. That's other ones. In Islam it goes hard at people who accept Islam who are hypocritical and also goes hard at people who attack Muslims.

Individual people shouldn't be accepting of 'others' who continuously attack them for no reason regardless of belief.

Define Real? If I'm understanding 'your' definition of 'real' then most our lives aren't real.

This dude is a Christian...... and the way he's moving in the vid - he might be a HL person... but he explains this point.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
@Candor I know you're too excited about the Big ten championship game, with my 2 schools in it..... and yours no where to be found.:lolbron:

However, can you inform the fakkit above @Mephistopheles that There are over 7 million anti Islam threads, 40K of which he created himself. He can post his negative post and energy elsewhere.

:camby:

I appreciate that he's making it easy for everyone to see what's wrong w HL ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ but I'm sure real posters know by now. "it aint hard to tell":rudy:

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Let these people cook about their religion, they're not harming anybody. People will get banned from the thread it it comes to that.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Blackking just negged me. :umad:

Make inflammatory, reactionary threads and call people "fakkits" for dropping statistics you don't like then pretend you're only trying to promote positive discussion, brehs.

Odyssey

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Islam is a fascist, racist, 7th century ideology that wants to dominate the world and spread the caliphate.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Blackking just negged me. :umad:

Make inflammatory, reactionary threads and call people "fakkits" for dropping statistics you don't like then pretend you're only trying to promote positive discussion, brehs.
I didn't call u faq in the neg... I said childish...

and look at the first page on HL, it's pretty weak. But u know how internet goes.. most are reactionary threads.. this one is not.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Let these people cook about their religion, they're not harming anybody. People will get banned from the thread it it comes to that.
You really deleted my post? Wack. I didn't even make a subjective comment. I just dropped links, which blackking responded to by calling me a "fakkit" in this fake "positive" thread.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
You really deleted my post? Wack. I didn't even make a subjective comment. I just dropped links, which blackking responded to by calling me a "fakkit" in this fake "positive" thread.
If you have suggestions on making it more positive... I'm open to suggestions.

Aren't u a world known Chemist? :lupe: and pseudo historian?

Any Islamic influence on the sciences that you'd like to add?