Alan Wake 2 Wins Time's Game of the Year: The Best 10 Video Games of 2023 (Starfield not even in top 10 :wow:)

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
If you don’t understand that the barrier between an 8 and a 9 level game is real and that when someone score a game in the 8s vs 9s it means something then me breaking that down is a waste of words. Even if it’s an 89 vs a 90 that 89 was done deliberately to make commentary on the game that it’s not at a 9 level.
Here you just admitted that game scores are literally driven by agendas. By the type of discourse the reviewer may want to have. So if they really like a game but don’t want the discourse to be so hype they score it an 88, but if they want discourse to go the other way they smack a 90 on it.

Humans are inherently bias, and in any other context we calling those same people some “fakkits”

But somehow we get here and those same peoples opinion are gold.

Games aren’t even reviewed by the same people, or websites, games have wildly different amount of reviews on MC. Some games flying reviewers out and giving them shyt at review events, some games gotta beg to even be reviewed.

In any other statistical analysis with all these variables a few percentage points means absolutely nothing.

But here you really arguing an 89 is not prestigious and a 90 is.

Spider-man 2 is one bad/troll review away from an 89. And you telling me they would then make the game a disappointment and not “prestigious”

That shyt makes no sense at all :stopitslime:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Spider-man 2 is one bad/troll review away from an 89. And you telling me they would then make the game a disappointment and not “prestigious”

kanye-guess.gif

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
Yes it's great. Better than the RE4 remake imo. If you love survival horror it's a must play. One of the funnest game experiences I've ever had. Play it on hard though.

lmaoooo, why you setting bro up if he ain't played the first one? My nikka might have a heart attack tryna pause

But definitely headphones on.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
lmaoooo, why you setting bro up if he ain't played the first one? My nikka might have a heart attack tryna pause

I've played the first 2 games before, but that was ages ago, so the remake would be fresh in my mind

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Here you just admitted that game scores are literally driven by agendas. By the type of discourse the reviewer may want to have. So if they really like a game but don’t want the discourse to be so hype they score it an 88, but if they want discourse to go the other way they smack a 90 on it.

Humans are inherently bias, and in any other context we calling those same people some “fakkits”

But somehow we get here and those same peoples opinion are gold.

Games aren’t even reviewed by the same people, or websites, games have wildly different amount of reviews on MC. Some games flying reviewers out and giving them shyt at review events, some games gotta beg to even be reviewed.

In any other statistical analysis with all these variables a few percentage points means absolutely nothing.

But here you really arguing an 89 is not prestigious and a 90 is.

That shyt makes no sense at all :stopitslime:
No I just admitted that something in the 8s didn’t pass the psychological barrier to reach the 9s. That’s a real barrier just like something in the 7s is not an 8 level game. It means more than the scores are a few points apart.

It’s like if you go to school and get a 79 on a paper. That’s a C. It’s one point away from a B but it’s still not a B. A C and B are different levels.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps

:heh: .....shyt was frustrating at first. But after I spec'd up it felt like a fair experience. Gotta be on your P's and Q's at all times. That's what I wanna feel in a survival horror game. Just nonstop suspense. Gotta use everything at your disposal. Sometimes you just gotta flat out run. I feel like survival horror games gotta be played on hard by default to really get the full experience.

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
I've played the first 2 games before, but that was ages ago, so the remake would be fresh in my mind

:myman: :myman: :myman:

Bro, I tried replaying the first one for October and forgot how bad that shyt fukked with me lmao. I downloaded the remake and haven't even started it lmaoooo - I gotta be in the mood for that type of wildness.

That, alien isolation and that new amnesia: the bunker game be doing too much bro! :damn:

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
:heh: .....shyt was frustrating at first. But after I spec'd up it felt like a fair experience. Gotta be on your P's and Q's at all times. That's what I wanna feel in a survival horror game. Just nonstop suspense. Gotta use everything at your disposal. Sometimes you just gotta flat out run. I feel like survival horror games gotta be played on hard by default to really get the full experience.

I definitely feel that. I love horror movies but idk why the games hit differently. I've definitely been throwing them on higher difficulties, though, just to make it more realistic and make it feel like you're actually there but goddamn!

If you ever play amensia: the bunker, you gotta lmk. shyt is Alien: Isolation on crack. Thought I was doing well until the gas ran out and all the lights cut off and heard all types of wild shyt before dying lmaoooo

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
No I just admitted that something in the 8s didn’t pass the psychological barrier to reach the 9s. That’s a real barrier just like something in the 7s is not an 8 level game. It means more than the scores are a few points apart.
You said reviewers purposely pick scores to drive discourse.

All review sites don’t even have the same scale. Some sites stop at 5. Some sites have scores in the decimals. So a game can get an 88.6 on one site and a 4 on the other.

And we supposed to compare that shyt like it makes any sense??? Only in gaming :smh:

It’s like if you go to school and get a 79 on a paper. That’s a C. It’s one point away from a B but it’s still not a B. A C and B are different levels.
If a teacher gives you a 79 to specifically not give you a “B” that’s corrupt and fukked up and that teacher is placing their agenda over what’s fair.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
I definitely feel that. I love horror movies but idk why the games hit differently. I've definitely been throwing them on higher difficulties, though, just to make it more realistic and make it feel like you're actually there but goddamn!

If you ever play amensia: the bunker, you gotta lmk. shyt is Alien: Isolation on crack. Thought I was doing well until the gas ran out and all the lights cut off and heard all types of wild shyt before dying lmaoooo
Never even heard of amnesia. But it looks good. I'll prolly check it out sometime this month.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You said reviewers purposely pick scores to drive discourse.
A game review is a public commentary on a game. Why wouldn’t a reviewer be aware of the fact that they’re making a statement about a game by the number they give it?

If you make a public statement like that obviously you’re aware it drives discourse and obviously you pick that number knowing that.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
A game review is a public commentary on a game. Why wouldn’t a reviewer be aware of the fact that they’re making a statement about a game by the number they give it?

If you make a public statement like that obviously you’re aware it drives discourse and obviously you pick that number knowing that.
is that what people want from reviews?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

I’m saying I totally agree with you.

Review scores are driven by bias and agendas. A reviewer may play Hogwarts and generally enjoy the game, but also hate JK so they give the game a 7.5 instead of an 8.

A reviewer may be a huge Spider-man fan, reviewing the game in his spider-man jammie’s and want the game to get great discourse and win GOTY nominations so they score a perfect 10 despite fighting through some bugs and other deficiencies to get there.

A “bad game can be anywhere from a 1 to a 6 depending on how much a reviewer may want to tank the score.

We’ve seen plenty of troll review scores where it’s clear the reviewer just wanted to generate clicks and discourse one way or another.

Trying to compare these scores as objective reality is where the problem lies.

Again, no two games on MC even have the same reviewers or the same amount of reviewers giving scores. So how the hell do you compare two scores and try to draw any kind of objective conclusion?

shyt don’t work like that.:stopitslime:

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Who said anything about sales or views or any of that. Starfield has been on of the most anticipated games since people heard about it, the direct just added fuel to that, and Clearly starfield won't sell as much it's a console exclusive on the system with the least units out in the wild and on gamepass.

You even bought a xbox for it... Very few people if any are going to go out and buy a PS5 for spiderman 2

People have been waiting for zelda, starfield and diablo for years now.

The people most hype about Starfield on this site were the Sony Stans that became scorn lovers when it went exclusive.

Now they acting like everyone else were the ones making threads about the game non stop. Months later they still can't stop making threads about it.

The receipts and thread full of receipts are there.

I love the bookmark feature on this site :ohlawd: @Gizmo_Duck