An Iowa fight over a Satanic display reminds us: Republicans believe "free speech" is only for them

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Sounds like an undercover death metal rock Bytch...but IDK

:russ:

Man, I'ma just have to pull up to one of their churches and see WTF the other side talking about...

Nah she was very conservative looking, that's the weird part. She didn't look like she'd have tattoos at all, let alone something like that.

Granted, I don't know the bytch and only seen her for like 2-3 minutes. But she looked very clean cut, like a lawyer or something.

Fred.

MidwestD

Clyde Frog's Shooter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Shoutout to the satanists. They pull the Repukes' hoe card EVERY year. :skip:

Yaboysix

That nikka
Daps
Reppin
Tampa Florida
Satanic Temple has this posted up on their faqs page.

COS_Vs_TST_Infographic_img.jpg

Infographic by Pope Wonka.

I know I was (am) confused on all the different iterations of theist, political, regional, ontological satanism :wtf:
Wait! They admittedly DON'T believe in an actual Satan?!... that Takes a whole lot of the fun out of the questions I had...

:russ:

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
giphy.gif

The Gospel According to Mark 8:30-34​

English Ελληνικά Print
jclifegv.jpg

At that time, Jesus charged his disciples to tell no one about him, that he is the Christ. And he began to teach them that the Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected by the elders and the chief priests and the scribes, and be killed, and after three days rise again. And he said this plainly. And Peter took him, and began to rebuke him. But turning and seeing his disciples, he rebuked Peter, and said, "Get behind me, Satan! For you are not on the side of God, but of men." And he called to him the multitude with his disciples, and said to them, "If any man would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me."

Hoodoo Child

The Urban Legend
Daps
Reppin
The Crossroads
I still dont know why satanists chose to be a satanist when its origin in the text it’s completely evil and irredeemable. Like why not just stay atheist, I never understand why they believe in satan but don’t believe in the consequences.
Most Satanists ARE Atheists. They just like to troll Christians with the imagery, and use their logic against them. It's pretty funny, I'm not gone lie. :hubie:

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

bnew

Veteran
Daps

BREAKING: Satanic idol at Iowa State Capitol BEHEADED by Christian veteran

"I saw this blasphemous statue and was outraged,” Cassidy said. “My conscience is held captive to the word of God, not to bureaucratic decree. And so I acted."

BREAKING: Satanic idol at Iowa State Capitol BEHEADED by Christian veteran

Hannah Nightingale Washington DC

Dec 14, 20232 Minute Read

A Satanic altar erected in the Iowa Capitol building has been torn down and beheaded by a Christian and former military officer.

According to The Sentinel, Michael Cassidy pushed over and decapitated the statue of Baphomet, which was placed in the building by members of the Satanic Temple of Iowa after receiving permission, and discarded the head of the statue into the trash.

Cassidy told the outlet that he destroyed the altar on Thursday to "awaken Christians to the anti-Christian acts promoted by our government."

"The world may tell Christians to submissively accept the legitimization of Satan, but none of the founders would have considered government sanction of Satanic altars inside Capitol buildings as protected by the First Amendment," Cassidy said. "Anti-Christian values have steadily been mainstreamed more and more in recent decades, and Christians have largely acted like the proverbial frog in the boiling pot of water."

Cassidy turned himself in to officers who were present in the building, who confirmed that the Satanic Temple of Iowa seeks to press charges. Cassidy was charged with fourth-degree criminal mischief.

“I saw this blasphemous statue and was outraged,” Cassidy said. “My conscience is held captive to the word of God, not to bureaucratic decree. And so I acted.”

Cassidy previously ran for Congress in Mississippi and served as a Navy pilot.

The display drew outrage, with Iowa Lawmaker saying, "I am calling for our governor to have this blasphemous display removed immediately based on the grounds that it is unconstitutional and offends God upon whom the State of Iowa depends for blessings."

"I am calling for clarifying legislation to be adopted in accordance with our State Constitution that prohibits satanic displays in our Capitol building and on all state owned property. I am calling for legislation to be adopted that makes it legal to display the Ten Commandments in our Capitol, in all buildings owned by the state, and in our public schools."

The display was permitted to be in the capital building for two weeks, and featured a mirrored, caped statue of Baphomet, complete with a black and red "holiday wreath" with a pentagram in the center.

This is a breaking story and will be updated.

bnew

Veteran
Daps

Satanic display at Iowa Capitol vandalized ‘beyond repair’; arrest made​

The Iowa Department of Public Safety says Michael Cassidy is charged with fourth degree Criminal Mischief.

By KCRG Staff

*video from a another news source

Published: Dec. 14, 2023 at 5:55 PM EST|Updated: 19 hours ago

DES MOINES, Iowa (KCRG) - On Thursday, the Satanic Temple of Iowa announced that their display at the Iowa Capitol had been significantly damaged.

The controversial display, which Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds called “objectionable,” featured a ram’s head covered with mirrors on a mannequin before being damaged.

Organizers say it’s a symbol of their right to religious freedom.

The Satanic Temple of Iowa posted the following message on their Facebook page:

“This morning, we were informed by authorities that the Baphomet statue in our holiday display was destroyed beyond repair. We are proud to continue our holiday display for the next few days that we have been allotted.

We ask that for safety, visitors travel together and use the 7 Tenets as a reminder for empathy, in the knowledge that justice is being pursued the correct way, through legal means.

Solve et Coagula! Happy Holidays! Hail Satan!”

KCCI has reported that 35-year-old Michael Cassidy of Lauderdale, Mississippi, was charged with Criminal Mischief in the 4th Degree. He has since been released.

Copyright 2023 KCRG. All rights reserved.

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
If he had done this to a menorah, he'd be charged with a hate crime. He straight up admits he was motivated by anti-religious hatred. Some religions are more equal than others, it seems...

Last edited: