And you wonder why women don't report their rapists

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
The bullshyt that goes on with rape in the justice system is about far more than White privilege.

This man (happens to be Black, but it's irrelevant to the case) committed at least ELEVEN violent stranger rapes over 18 years, had women report the rapes and get rape tested with his DNA showing up in every single one, was already in the system for robbery and carjacking.....but he wasn't arrested for the first ten rapes cause police never even tested the rape kits after they took them. Made the women come in, give their statement, get their private parts invasively tested and examined after already having undergone a violent invasion of their most private selves.....and then the police just filed the fukking kits in a warehouse without even testing them or doing any further investigation.

Regardless of who the perp is, the justice system doesn't care about rape cases. You have to get cops, a D.A., and judges who are completely militant about that shyt or it just dies away.

An Epidemic of Disbelief
Fam, I’m referring to the story in the OP.

white dude comes from a well to do family.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Nikka didn't you just post some lame farewell message saying that you were leaving, because thecoli has made you more angry in real life and changed you into a different person

This nikka @Rhakim getting into online arguments and getting mad and taking it out on his wife and family lol

I'm tired

Honestly, I stayed away for a month and it was a good idea, responses like the ones I got here continue to prove that.

I probably should and will leave again and it will be better if I stay away for longer. :yeshrug:

Folk making every excuse in the book to not discuss a serious issue, even when the #'s prove me right. But they want to deflect just cause I used a white criminal as the example? Do they want this to be fukking Breitbart or some shyt where we post a bunch of Black folk committing criminal acts? If I was pulling that shyt they'd use that as the deflection instead.

The #'s proved it - the vast, vast majority of rape accusations don't result in any meaningful punishment, regardless of skin color. And THAT is the issue that actually needs to be talked about on this forum, considering all the other shyt is stuff we all already agree on. I'm not sure what I should post in order to get folk to actually talk about the "rape is hardly ever prosecuted" issue rather than deflecting to other shyt.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
Rape culture is a very real thing that most men aren’t ready to talk about.
Here’s a little secret
Many women are raped by other women
But we can’t include that in this discussion
It wouldn’t be on brand for thecoli
I mean LSA
Just like many young boys are raped/taken advantage of by older women or men
Gotta keep a slant to this shyt
But I’ve said too much and I’m just posting “what about isms”

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
Here’s a little secret
I mean LSA
But this is deflection

are some women raped by women? yeah
are young boys taken advantage of? of course
do false accusations happen? yes

But there's no need to bring this stuff up reflexively. The point is that a lot of women get raped by men, specifically because they are women. And it's a horrible cold truth. There's nothing wrong with just understanding it as it is and leaving it be, instead of bringing up other things :manny:

We can still acknowledge those other things as well, without having to bring it up in a thread that never denied it. :manny:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
BUT THATS NOT WHAT HES DOING.

HE CAME TO A BLACK FORUM
TO SHAME BLACK MEN
A CAC GETTING OFF WITH RAPE.

IS HE A BOT?
:devil:
:evil:

This makes no fukking sense - you think I posted a white criminal to shame black men? :gucci:

So if I had posted a Black rapist instead, that would have been better? :dahell:

You say the dumbest fukking shyt sometimes. :scust:

I posted a rapist getting away with rape because rapists getting away with rape is the problem. That happens regardless of color - the VAST majority of rape accusations don't result in anyone going to jail no matter what color the accused is. I didn't make it about race, you and your fellow trolls did. What race of rapist should I have posted to make the point that we should be taking rape accusations more seriously in the system?

Besides, you full well know that a good % of these commenters on this forum ain't Black anyway. :comeon:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Here’s a little secret
I mean LSA

But this thread isn't about who is raping who. It isn't even about "how often men rape" or any shyt like that.

This thread is solely about what the justice system does to those accused with rape. And REGARDLESS of whether the rapists are men or women, the vast majority are getting off. I'll bet you anything that the vast majority of women accused of rape get off without jail time just like the vast majority of men accused of rape get off without jail time.

And even more so, I'll bet you the vast majority of women raped by women don't report it, for the same reasons that most women don't report rapes by men and most boys don't report rapes by men.

It's all caused by the same root problem - we don't actually take rape seriously as a society and we shame the victims of rape to an incredible degree. Regardless of whether the perps are men or women, black or white.

We need to have a serious discussion about how many men don't want to believe the facts :francis:

too many don't want to acknowledge the truth and live with how common it is :francis:
But this is deflection

are some women raped by women? yeah
are young boys taken advantage of? of course
do false accusations happen? yes

But there's no need to bring this stuff up reflexively. The point is that a lot of women get raped by men, specifically because they are women. And it's a horrible cold truth. There's nothing wrong with just understanding it as it is and leaving it be, instead of bringing up other things :manny:

We can still acknowledge those other things as well, without having to bring it up in a thread that never denied it. :manny:

Thank you.

I honestly didn't expect that the responses in the thread would prove my point just as much as the OP and the other examples and stats do. I really thought all the usual suspects would just avoid the thread, not double-down on it.

SupaHotIce

All Star
Daps
She has sources and quotes for other information, but that paragraph about 49 out of 50 rape cases has no source or anything :jbhmm:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
i need to see some data breakdown for this
we need to see all the facts. shorties be lying/mad they didn’t get wifed
She has sources and quotes for other information, but that paragraph about 49 out of 50 rape cases has no source or anything :jbhmm:

If you google you can see the general #'s backed up in lots of different places. This article has one of the breakdowns, with sources for each step.

Why are we so bad at prosecuting sexual assault?

Rape is the easiest violent crime to get away with in the United States. On average, less than 1% of sexual assaults ever lead to conviction.

Let me break that number down. According to the Justice Department's most recent National Criminal Victimization Survey, only 23% of rape or sexual assault victims reported the crime to police.

Of those who do report, the FBI's Uniform Crime Reporting database shows that only about 20% of reports lead to arrest. According to the nonprofit Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network, which analyzes national data regarding sexual assault and rape, only about half of arrests lead to trial.

The most reliable data on conviction rates comes from a Justice Department study that analyzed convictions between 1990 and 2009. That study concluded that rape trials end in conviction around 35% of the time.

Taken together, this means that only about 0.8% of assaults lead to a conviction.

That breakdown has an extra step at the beginning (counting rapes that aren't reported), but leaves out a step at the end - cases like the OP where the reported rape results in a conviction but still doesn't result in jail time.

If you go with the #'s they source, 20% of reports lead to arrest, 50% of arrests lead to trial, 35% of trials lead to conviction, that would give you 3.5% of reports leading to conviction.

So if 60-70% of convictions lead to jail time, that would give you the same # of just 2% of reports leading to jail time that the other paper did.

Something roughly in this area is what is reported everywhere - usually they include the step of most rapes not even being reported, so the final % of how many rapes end in serious conviction is even lower, less than 1%.

Why Society Goes Easy on Rapists

Sexual assault is massively underreported, and even when victims come forward, convictions are rare. According to RAINN, only 5 out of every 1,000 rapes committed—that’s 0.5 percent—ends in a felony conviction. The Washington Post puts the figure at 7 out of 1,000, but pretty much everyone agrees it’s under 1 percent. We usually try to make sense of this painfully low number by noting that many rapes aren’t reported, which is true, but the crime is also notoriously under-investigated.

More crazy shyt I found while looking that up - the UK system is just as bad as the USA system.

Only 1.7% of reported rapes prosecuted in England and Wales

Fewer than one in 60 rape cases lead to charge in England and Wales

Don't know how folk gonna keep spinning this.