Any of yall brehs ever went to Amsterdam?

Guess Who

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Amsterdam is the best city in the world, imo. Love it there. Want to move there one day. Trying to do yearly trips especially since the flight ain’t crazy from where I’m at.

Daps
Went for a weekend. Two of us went straight to a weed shop, I bought a nice bud of something called shiva. Instantly forgot where we had left everyone else, like had no idea at all. Trams and bikes flying past disorienting me, all very cliche so far.

Drove round in a taxi till finally it clicked where we had left everyone else . Drank about two pitchers of alcohol to myself to fight the weed buzz, ruined a whole lame improv stand up show by shouting dumb shyt. Got to red light district ran straight up the stairs to some brunette with great thighs, needed a piss when I was in there which took ages to do with an erection, then she threatened to kick me out when I was taking too long to bust and I started asking her where the cocaine was lol. Walked out to standing ovation. Ended up out with just one other dude as the rest weren't into drugs, but he went whoring and I was looking for a party. literally offered drugs every few step in the centre. Dealers everywhere (this was about 15 years ago idk if its the same) Ended up with some ecstasy tabs and other assorted drugs and the next few hours were a blur but ended up with no money and two hours to wait for the train,decided to hide in plain sight just stood in the street, ushering people away who were approaching me thinking I was selling drugs.

Hopped a train finally and found there a was a jacuzzi back where we staying, jumped in for a bit drugged out of my mind and crawled to my small bed at some point for an awful self loathing attempt at sleep

I ended up bringing some of that weed back home but me and a mate hit one spliff in his garden and got freaked out by a gang of dogs who had gathered looking at us through the chain link fence in his garden. It wasn't so much that they were dogs.. but that they were all different, there was a big one who was obviously the leader, a small snidey one or two, a medium sized one who looked smart like he was the donatello of the group , about five or six different breeds who just turned up looking like the new gang in town. Like the warriors in dog form on their way back to coney and we were like the fukkin, orphans or something. Looking at us in complete disdain. Ended up fleeing inside laughing for an hour but freaked out

All in all 10/10 and would like to do again but as I tend to take things to excess once was likely enough.

Homie no offense but I don't think you ever came down from that Amsterdam high.

Screwtape

All Star
Daps
Homie no offense but I don't think you ever came down from that Amsterdam high.

None taken Neo bro, but that wasn't even that crazy in the whole scheme of things.. Got wild stories .. I do actually live pretty cleanly when I'm not on it.. Eat well, nutrition good, good food, read books and feed my brain u know, blessed with a peak athletic metabolism

But when the party starts I'm gone tearing the dance floor Down..a party to me was days long or it was pointless. I can't go out and be in bed by 2am, rather stay home..

But drugs are obviously not good, I could have achieved much more in life. I admire people with discipline because Im pretty sure the high from living a successful life is better than anything I achieved through drugs, as they are the shortcut to a immediate happiness but they also make actual satisfaction in life as distant as mount doom

But I still don't know if I'm unhappy about it. I think that's just me. But yeah, respect to cleaner living bruhs. shyt is anathema to me but as nas said, life is good

Scus3 the long reply, been reflecting today with a few beers @770Mazi hope you enjoy your trip breh be safe

Daps
None taken Neo bro, but that wasn't even that crazy in the whole scheme of things.. Got wild stories .. I do actually live pretty cleanly when I'm not on it.. Eat well, nutrition good, good food, read books and feed my brain u know, blessed with a peak athletic metabolism

But when the party starts I'm gone tearing the dance floor Down..a party to me was days long or it was pointless. I can't go out and be in bed by 2am, rather stay home..

But drugs are obviously not good, I could have achieved much more in life. I admire people with discipline because Im pretty sure the high from living a successful life is better than anything I achieved through drugs, as they are the shortcut to a immediate happiness but they also make actual satisfaction in life as distant as mount doom

But I still don't know if I'm unhappy about it. I think that's just me. But yeah, respect to cleaner living bruhs. shyt is anathema to me but as nas said, life is good

Scus3 the long reply, been reflecting today with a few beers @770Mazi hope you enjoy your trip breh be safe

:salute: you a good breh. Man, don't ever feel bad about what you didn't accomplish in life cause you can get started right now. I'm somebody who just completely switched careers in my 30s, literally started completely over. It was hard, I was broke for a while (:pachaha:) but as of right now, it was the best decision that I could have ever made, might be the best decision of my entire life.

You can literally start changing your life right now at this exact moment. Leggo :wow:

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
how was it wit ya patna? what did yall do? n how was the food.

Seems like ima be eating alotta shwarmas over there
Try the roti, thank me later

Screwtape

All Star
Daps
:salute: you a good breh. Man, don't ever feel bad about what you didn't accomplish in life cause you can get started right now. I'm somebody who just completely switched careers in my 30s, literally started completely over. It was hard, I was broke for a while (:pachaha:) but as of right now, it was the best decision that I could have ever made, might be the best decision of my entire life.

You can literally start changing your life right now at this exact moment. Leggo :wow:

Thanks breh, and I tried, I stepped into a sales job and crushed it, poured my heart in and built a client base of unbelievable proportions just through integrity, lack of prejudice and just you know, actually properly listening to people and looking them in the eye...customers would refuse to deal with other sales operatives they would rather queue for me lol

Was met with jealousy just because I was being myself. I never boasted or nothing, which I think led to more resentment from colleagues as at least they could have criticised me for it (behind my back obviously) lol. I do understand it tbh.

Decided to dip out get a job in a hospital, I don't need those people around me. Think I'm content with a low paying job that's at least fulfilling and away from negativity, plus I have a wonderful family and group of friends.. I'm blessed truly

Happy your shyt worked out breh, this life ain't easy and I imagine it was a huge decision for you

And thanks for letting me vent, I never actually talked about this shyt tbh. Nice 1

Braman

Superstar
Daps
I made the mistake of only staying on a layover. 1 night. Man I miss that city :sadcam:

And it wasn’t even the red light district. Just the city as a whole the river, the scenery, the bikes. You actually feel like ok I’m in another county forreal forreal. Culture shock in a good way

You definitely should rent a bike and explore

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
Learn why certain windows got certain colours on 'em.
Don't buy drugs from randos off the street.
Don't get too chummy with American Cacs out in public.
Unless you a lame, don't buy more than 5 women out the windows.
Pace yourself, don't get caught up in the hype of drug/women and end up decomissioning yourself somewhere strange.
Make friends/talk nice to helpful locals.

......don't walk with your passport in your top pocket because that's your only source of identification. I don't know how many times I had to recall that story of me nearly getting stabbed in a serbian run brothel after they took my shyt and looked to throw me out a window on some bullshyt.
:snoop:

s@n

All Star
Daps
2000. Went with a bunch of homies form school the day after the cannabis cup. one of my homies was looking for x amount of tings so we hit damn near every shop in the city. Stayed in the Hortus Botanicus. A couple homies bought boomers off the streets and got wildly ill. Had locks at the time and the [some of the] whores thought I was from somewhere else (besides America) and were WILD racist. Randomly went to a Reggae thing at the Milky Way and saw a kid with a Skokie, IL shirt on. I got excited and rolled up on him to find out he didn't even speak English. Also randomly, the older sister of one of my best friends was there that night; I thought I saw someone that looked familiar, but we didn't figure it out until 3 or 4 years after the fact. We smoked so much on that leg that I didn't want to see weed again. We took the train to Switzerland and I immediately changed my mind on that, lol

P90

Automatic Ultra Reflex
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk where I’m from / Bahston where I’m at
Booked a solo ticket for my birthday, first time going to Europe so I'm nervous but fukk it why not.

Know for sure im going to Van Gogh Museum and the red light district, but after that im freestyling on some backpack shyt. Wanna try staying at a hostel maybe.

:blessed::blessed:

14 hour flight tho :francis:.

Weed Pu$$Y and ART :blessed::blessed::blessed::blessed::blessed::blessed::blessed::blessed:

My girl and I went in June and we had a blast. Stayed at Intercontinental which was really nice and close enough to walk places without being in tourist areas. Cafe culture outside main parts was really chill, go in grab a smoke and get on with your day. Riks museum was better than Van Goh but both good. Could skip the goofy windmill tour outside the city tho. Best places we ate:
1. Restaurant Plantage
2. Janz
3. Graham’s Kitchen (this neighborhood was cool and lowkey)

Have fun breh!

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
I was there in April
Stayed in the central area so was a bit touristy but all the coffee shop vibes are real and it’s chill
The W has a nice penthouse lounge with djs if you into that and there is a street art museum called the Strand you can get to via the free ferry system
It was kind of cold when I was there so I didn’t rent a bike but I’d def suggest doing that if you can cause the bike infrastructure is amazing
The red light district at night is interesting but super touristy, the best part is probably watching lames coming out of the brothels giggling after getting p*ssy for the first time