Any serious runners in here? Just ran a 30k and legs failed me late

Amo Husserl

All Star
Daps
Felt really good and amazing until mile #15 and my legs essentially gave out.
:picard:

You ain't gotta OD for fitness or the rush, breh.
Be kind to your body, you don't know what problems you gone have to live with after 60.
Get a five mile run once a week and walk three another three days.
Mans knees 'bout to sound like candy wrappers.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
:picard:

You ain't gotta OD for fitness or the rush, breh.
Be kind to your body, you don't know what problems you gone have to live with after 60.
Get a five mile run once a week and walk three another three days.
Mans knees 'bout to sound like candy wrappers.
Sometimes you gotta push your body while you can.. set goals for yourself to later in life say you accomplished it

Gully Bull

Love Sponge
Daps
Reppin
A fleeting childhood
I’ll be honest I probably got like 7 hrs, drank couple Gatorade before, carb heavy food the previous night, some carb food in the AM along with a protein/energy bar.

During the race brought with me some gum and airheads that I took after 1.5 hrs of running. Didn’t drink water until later in the race as I heard that’s probably the right thing to do
Electrolyte gels or the gatorlyte woulda been a better choice. Normal Gatorade is basically juice at this point. It will replenish more for the same amount consumed.

You didn’t need to carb load, it’s a nice thing to have your stores full but you rolled outta bed without having proper training on how to use the fat in your body for fuel ( slow miles over a lotta miles a week do that) look into zone 2 training. Takes a while but you will see a lot of benefits.

Gum/airheads is a bad choice because the gum don’t help with shyt and the airheads are simple carbs that you gotta chew on. You should drink water whenever you felt you needed it even if you had to take a bathroom break.

With all that said, good job . Make sure you consume enough water and electrolytes before you give yourself rhabdo word to @J.E.T.S

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
I run seriously im ramping my runs up to do my weekly 10k run in a month(finally healthy after having a high ankle sprain a few yr back and making it worse by keeping on running and playing ball) 3 times a week including 2 hiits days and ramping it up to 10k(doing only my fastest in 30 mins on those dsys I will be ramping it up to 7-8k in a couple if weeks and then 10k)
But you?

No training whatsoever?
:whoa: man that DOMS u gon get in the following days is going to be something serious :huhldup:

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
I did the Bataan Death March without training. That was stupid on my part. I finished but I was in so much pain and it felt like I was never going to finish. I'll never do that dumb shyt without training ever again. I've done a marathon with no problems before but not this time.

:mjcry:

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Your legs didn't fail. You just didn't have the energy stored.

Had you had the right energy stored and had gels and water that you took at the proper intervals you would've been fine.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Your legs didn't fail. You just didn't have the energy stored.

Had you had the right energy stored and had gels and water that you took at the proper intervals you would've been fine.
Lesson learned for next time.. think the half marathon is a good distance to actually train for and try some of the things I’ve learned

COLI MANDINGO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Chi
Just ran a 30k on basically no training (which is dumb I know). I’m a natural runner and my pace is alright and my cardio is alright as my pace was around 10:30-10:45 min miles, then later around 11-11:15 as I’ve never done 30k before and was nervous about going too fast

Felt really good and amazing until mile #15 and my legs essentially gave out. I could feel them tighten up and I couldn’t run faster than a fast walk as I was nervous they were gonna pull and I couldn’t finish. Eventually crossed the finish line at a bit faster pace and my legs were about to seize up lol

my wife asked the race organizers how I was doing around mile 13 and they said “really good, he’ll finish around X time” that ended up being cratered due to my legs failing me with 2.75 miles left

Was pretty frustrating cause I still felt ok but my body just gave up

Anyone else consistently run? Got any tips or funny stories
Did you eat a bunch after the run? Those gel packs are great for energy boosts

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Lesson learned for next time.. think the half marathon is a good distance to actually train for and try some of the things I’ve learned
You ran well past a half marathon. Once you have the conditioning to get to half, everything after is just maintenance and tuning. Like I said before had you drank and took gels at proper intervals you would've been just fine.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Did you eat a bunch after the run? Those gel packs are great for energy boosts
Not a bunch, but def been keeping hydrated consistently. A salt bath is calling my name later

I had planned to buy one of those gel packs on the way, but said screw it cause I didn’t think it’d be a big deal vs water/gatorade