Anybody Apart Of The Rastafarian Culture? (If You Are I'm Trying To Learn More)

cheek100

Truuu
Supporter
Daps
If you're truly interested talk to a rasta in person. If you live in a major city they won't be hard to find. There is much more than smoking weed and reggae. It can be a strong vehicle to learning yourself and improving your health. Most Rastas are held in high regard in most communities because of their discipline.
HOWEVER if you're not serious, the penalties can be harsh. They don't care about societies laws. If you disrespect them or their beliefs, they will punish u.

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
If you're truly interested talk to a rasta in person. If you live in a major city they won't be hard to find. There is much more than smoking weed and reggae. It can be a strong vehicle to learning yourself and improving your health. Most Rastas are held in high regard in most communities because of their discipline.
HOWEVER if you're not serious, the penalties can be harsh. They don't care about societies laws. If you disrespect them or their beliefs, they will punish u.
Where I'm at in VA we don't have Rastas here. However, if I come across one I love love to converse with them about this.

DreadBrown

Feed the children
Daps
Rasta means different things to different people. If you get caught up in the do's and don'ts then you might aswell join organised religion

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
Rasta means different things to different people. If you get caught up in the do's and don'ts then you might aswell join organised religion

But it is a religion.. :jbhmm:

This.

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Like many faiths what it means to be Rasta has changed and continues to change.

Most people don't know that the first Rastas (before they were called that) didn't even wear locs or use ganja as a sacrament. When the movement started they actually looked like your regular ole Church goers.

Their are three major orders (Mansions) of Rastafari. Bobo shanti, Nayabinghi and Twelve Tribes. Bobos are the strictest( cover their hair, adhere to biblical diet, etc) while Twelve Tribes are more liberal.

When it comes to their beliefs on the Most High its different between the mansions.

For example Boboshanti hail up Selassie I, Marcus Garvey and Emmanuel I(the founder of the Boboshanti) equally, Think like the Trinity in Christianity.

Don't get to caught up in the do's and don't, Rastafari is a mindset/"way of life" not some organized religion.

The only real constant is the belief in the Black Christ (Black Creator) whether you believe thats Haile Selassie or not his teaching are at the core of the movement.

Last edited: