Anybody Else Disappointed by Rookie Brandon Ingram Thus Far?

Archangel

Banned
Daps
:francis:
Laker fans? @Sccit @KOBE @Gangstar8 @2Quik4UHoes @<3Kobe

I thought kid had next being compared to KD and all. It usually doesn't take long to recognize a surefire superstar. But 19 games in and Ingram has yet to even score over 20 points in a game unless you count that one preseason game he put up like 20.

It seems Luke doesn't have too much confidence in him or maybe he's just bringing him along slowly. He's averaging 7.8 ppg 1.9 apg & 3.8 rpg. This the future star forward of the Lakers or is it still too soon? I honestly thought he'd come in lighting dudes up with that jumper and getting to the line but he's not as aggressive as I imagined he would be.

School me Laker fans cause I'm excited about this young squad but very disappointed by Ingram thus far. Too soon?

Brandon Ingram

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Not at all. Defensively he's been a joy to watch given he's only a rookie, he's got nice instincts overall and isn't a dumb player out there. He's definitely got things that he needs to work on but if he puts in work he'll definitely be a major piece of the team's resurgence. I'd rather he be a taller longer Kobe than a KD type, get his strength up and really build his offensive game by working on tweaking his form and building a strong post game and mid range to compliment a good to great 3 ball.

We good to go. Just don't let him get injured or be a lazy ass fukk that doesn't develop. :tu:

Last edited:

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
His weight is buying him time. Any criticism is going to be countered by the fact his body isn't fully developed yet.
3 yrs from now if he isn't avg like 18 points and looking at LEAST like a poor mans KD then it's a L for the lakers (though none of the rookies drafted after him are killing it either)

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
No, he's only 19 and what I learned from last year is to give rookies some time. I know his weaknesses and it has to do with strength, that will take time. He has already shown very good things, he can play in late games, defend, move the ball around well. The only thing I am disappointed in is the jump shot, his shooting has been horrible and hopefully it will improve. Even if he doesn't turn into some great offensive player, he has shown potential at other things on the court.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Contract year?

Nah, he's signed for the next few if I'm not mistaken.

Dude is Hollywood. He feeling himself. If he has the ball, I know he gonna chuck it. Even Lou will is a playmaker in this offense.

That's what I'm saying, it's no excuse for him to play like an a$$hole. He can take that shyt to Utah or sumn. :camby:

King Poetic

Disciple Of God
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere by the Lakes
He's a fukking rookie only getting a few minutes behind garbage ass Deng...

He would get more playing time but u not going to have a sorry ass high price bum like Deng ride the bench

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah, he's signed for the next few if I'm not mistaken.

That's what I'm saying, it's no excuse for him to play like an a$$hole. He can take that shyt to Utah or sumn. :camby:
nikkas thought I was tripping when I said I didn't want him resigned. I'm partially wrong for saying that because he does contribute but he plays so fukking dumb for no reason. His contract is a steal tho. I just wished he looked to pass the ball more.